Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Poll: Do you have a tattoo? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886)

kittygrrl 03-18-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0LLETTE (Post 1201694)
Do people with those back pieces stand with their backs to a mirror holding a hand mirror so they can admire the piece or even be reassured that it's still there?

I'm seeing masses and masses of what I call "wallpaper" tattoos on kids these days and endless cultural appropriations almost always meaningless to the bearer.

I've taken to giving extreme advice: if you want a prison tat, go to prison first.

How can I explain to you the unexplainable? I knew a girl of 17 who for her own reasons..designed an elf girl in chains ..it took her a year to finish..tattoos are imprints..meaningful to the bearer and unexplainable to those who may catch a glimpse of them and wonder...it is not meant for you to see and yet if you do, consider yourself privileged..wonder about it's mystical connection to the bearer..do not allow yourself to dwell on mean themes but instead at least celebrate that in this day and age..the young have the freedom to express themselves and their magic however they choosehttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110313201140it's beautiful

Gemme 03-18-2018 06:14 PM

I do have tattoos. I'm currently charging a viewing fee of $5 per tat or $13 for the whole show.

:perv:

C0LLETTE 03-19-2018 04:37 AM

I've had tats for about 30 years. They are quite explainable.

VintageFemme 03-19-2018 06:02 AM

Mhmmmm I do.

cathexis 03-19-2018 07:20 AM

Nope, no tats.

Several piercings, though.

homoe 03-19-2018 10:58 AM

No tats No piercings...........

hagster 03-19-2018 06:05 PM

Regrets?

I always wondered if there would be regret for those who got ink in noticeable places. What are they going to think when they're 50? Well, I just turned 50 and got one on my forearm. Noticeable. I'm not worried about what I'm going to think when I'm 80.

I got a tiny Snoopy on my ankle when I was 18. At this pace, my third will be in a nursing home.

C0LLETTE 03-19-2018 06:40 PM

At this rate no-one need worry about what their tats will look like (etc) when they are 80....almost every other 80-year-old will have them too.

Adding " lol": in case anyone again mistakes me for a deep and serious thinker on this topic.

Which, btw, is becoming a serious set of topics...the ownership of one's own skin; the diff between tats and ripped jeans; indelibility; etc

Toska 10-19-2018 09:43 PM

The newer tattoos are something to behold. The artists are really taking it to another level these days. That being said, I enjoy looking at them but would never have one myself. Maybe I'm just too fickle. I know that for some, tattoos help them tell their story. That's one reason I would be reluctant to get inked. I don't necessarily want my narrative spelled out to me or for me. I like a life that's a blank page; dynamic, ever-changing. Just one long shaggy dog story unencumbered by arc or resolution.

JDeere 10-19-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagster (Post 1201859)
I always wondered if there would be regret for those who got ink in noticeable places. What are they going to think when they're 50? Well, I just turned 50 and got one on my forearm. Noticeable. I'm not worried about what I'm going to think when I'm 80.

I got a tiny Snoopy on my ankle when I was 18. At this pace, my third will be in a nursing home.

I have no regrets at all.

TL1 10-19-2018 10:08 PM

Yup.... each forearm, chest, collarbone, legs

I like them spread out. Do not want sleeves or to have them bunched together.

girl_dee 10-20-2018 08:26 AM

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=701................

Chad 10-20-2018 08:42 AM

Tattoo

Nope, I dislike them.

tantalizingfemme 10-20-2018 02:29 PM

One full sleeve and working on finishing my other arm. If I keep going my back will be next. I really want something down my spine but have not found "the one" yet.

nina03 10-20-2018 02:37 PM

Four tattoos. Two at the base of my spine, one on my left shoulder, and one on my shin.

Gráinne 10-21-2018 09:06 AM

Got my first one about a month ago. It's "Family" in a script with a shaky Ancestry leaf for the dot.

Gemme 10-21-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gráinne (Post 1228658)
Got my first one about a month ago. It's "Family" in a script with a shaky Ancestry leaf for the dot.

That's a great tattoo for someone interested in genealogy!

girl_dee 10-21-2018 08:49 PM

i have come up with inspiration for my next one... funny how that is, you are always thinking of that next one....

JDeere 10-25-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1228716)
i have come up with inspiration for my next one... funny how that is, you are always thinking of that next one....

I think about it daily lol

I take notes and save tat ideas on my phone.

Kätzchen 10-22-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 172813)
I do: just one - she's a mermaid - she lives on my right shoulder, under my bra strap and she replaces the 40s pin-up girl that used to be there.

I'm actually going to have some work done on my tattoo; hopefully before my birthday next year. I'm going to have something entirely different. It's going to be a heart with barbed wire around it, and maybe a special shade of ruby red for the heart and the blackest ink one can get for the barbed wire.