Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Light a candle (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247)

Tommi 06-03-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 120524)
Today i lit 3 candles because each one was for a different reason.

The first one I lit was for SD's Syr, for positivity and guidance to lead the was back to health

The second for SD, to receive the strength she needs to continue on her journey of helping her Syr and praying for others

The third for Shadow, may the results from today's culture come back quickly, so we can get you and Mama Kitty healthy again

:vigil::vigil::vigil::praying::praying::praying:

Enigma 06-03-2010 07:29 PM

~ Love ~
For a Kind and Gentle Heart

Quote:

I am lighting these candles for an angel who is always there for others but asks for nothing in return. Unerringly generous and sensitive to others, I pray for her to be embraced and receive a hundredfold measure of the kindness she always so freely gives. One sees well only with the heart. Her sight is luminescent with love. Though at times silence can deafen, those with hearts always hear. Let the love in the universe pour down and surround her with light.

:praying:

WolfyOne 06-04-2010 08:05 AM

This morning I lit a candle for SD and her Syr
For healing energy and strength to guide her

She had to go back to the hospital at almost 9pm last night
Let us put our power of prayer out there for her and him

Tommi 06-04-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 122308)

Ditto dear WolfyOne,

Giving a piece of the rock, the power of rolling thunder, and the light of many candles lit from the healing lightening from above.

Spirit Dancer 06-04-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 122308)

Wofly,
thank you for the prayers and candles and the reminder of life.
Things at this moment are stable. You are appreciated, my friend:vigil:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 122312)
Ditto dear WolfyOne,

Giving a piece of the rock, the power of rolling thunder, and the light of many candles lit from the healing lightening from above.

Tommi,
thank you also, it's is amazing the group energy flowing.
Even when we are busy there is a moment to light our candles.
My friend I appreciate You.:vigil:

Diva 06-04-2010 09:45 AM

Thank You for this thread, SD......the candles are so perfect for a virtual meditation.....and in the midst of all of the hustle and bustle of this site, here is this lovely oasis of peacefulness.....

So just wanted to light a candle for You to say "Thank You".............

~Diva

Spirit Dancer 06-04-2010 09:49 AM

:candle: Today for hope, faith and strength
for all of us here and for whomever needs it.:candle:
Blessings come in many ways and forms, this day
I count you all for I'm blessed
to have each of you in my life.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...mz/violets.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...IVINGSQUAW.jpg

WolfyOne 06-04-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 122373)
Wofly,
thank you for the prayers and candles and the reminder of life.
Things at this moment are stable. You are appreciated, my friend:vigil:

Tommi,
thank you also, it's is amazing the group energy flowing.
Even when we are busy there is a moment to light our candles.
My friend I appreciate You.:vigil:

Just remember to take some time to breathe

We are all with you in thought, healing and comfort

Andrew, Jr. 06-04-2010 11:24 PM

I already lit several candles for those who are suffering, sick, poor, and needy.

Some just have no idea because they are so self-centered. :|

May we all find comfort in each other. :tea:

Namaste,
Andrew

Spirit Dancer 06-05-2010 08:28 AM

Our flames burn bright
today mine are lit for peace
light and for some R&R
we all need to have
relaxation and peace.
Blessing this day to everyone.

:candle:

oblivia 06-05-2010 03:23 PM

Today, I light a candle for our sacred waters - the ocean currently crying in pain.

Lady Pamela 06-07-2010 09:23 PM

I JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

I LIGHT A CANDLE FOR ALL OF YOU,
FOR ALL LIFES DAILY STRUGGLES TO FEEL A LITTLE EASIER.

Andrew, Jr. 06-07-2010 10:11 PM

Seeking Sacred Silence

I am lighting my white candle and praying for everyone here including myself. I am also praying for those who have asked me too. I believe I have lit 6 candles in all online. Plus my 1 large one that is white at home.

Peace,
Andrew

PS: Has anyone come across the electrical candles you can buy that run off batteries or plug in the wall? I have seen a few, but they are terribly expensive (around $100 +/-). I just cannot afford that much. Thanks.

Nat 06-08-2010 10:24 AM

For Josh, the first boy I ever loved.

I met him in the library in 8th grade. I was up on the ladder, re-organizing the books. I felt him enter the room. I climbed down off the ladder and there he was. The new kid. Tough. Cool. Confident. Humble. Beautiful. I introduced myself. He said I had the softest voice he'd ever heard. And so began a period of my life that I may never really overcome.

We were friends that year, then in the summer we became boyfriend and girlfriend. He was in a lot of fights. He never seemed to start them, but other guys would attack him and he'd fight back. He was all instinct. I saw it happen a few times. He was a tough guy and all these other guys wanted to prove themselves against him. Once three guys jumped him at one time. He was never one to back down. After that he carried a knife.

He had moved here to get away from his physically abusive mom. He thought he'd try his luck with the dad he'd never met. His dad was worse. Drunken, cruel and vicious. And so desperately poor that Josh often went without food. He was skin and bones and muscle and instinct and loyalty and a very warm heart. He treated friends like family because his friends were the only family he had.

One time, after his dad beat him, I asked him why he wouldn't hit his father back. He said he would never hit a parent back. Any other guy, sure, but not his own father. He was never once violent or even angry toward me. He made me art, he cooked for me, he was always good to me and accepting of me, warm and sweet and open. I encouraged him to contact CPS and report the abuse he was experiencing. Somebody came out and told his dad not to hit him anymore. Which resulted in further beating. Eventually there was a beating so bad that it ended in him being kicked down the stairs. It landed him in the hospital with bruises and broken bones and landed his father finally in jail. I begged my mom to let him live with us, but she did not want my boyfriend living in our house. We were both 15 at that time and not sexually active.

That was the age I learned that I was powerless to protect those I loved. It's never stopped me from trying.

After he was hospitalized, things were never the same between us. He had walls around him after that and there was no more real communication between us. He became cold and withdrawn, and eventually we broke up. I heard through the grapevine that his grandmother shamed him into dropping the charges against his dad. He went back home to the dilapidated trailer they shared. Soon he got kicked out of school for not having his shots. Soon after that, though I'd never known him to steal, he went to the local Walmart and changed out his old shoes for new ones. He tried walking out of the store and was stopped in the parking lot by the security guard. That knife he carried? He pulled it out and stabbed the security guard 6 times in the stomach.

When my mom was reading the paper one morning, she read the headline to me and asked if I thought I knew the person who did it. The headline mentioned the kid's age was 16. I said, "Josh just turned 16 two weeks ago." I knew it was him the same way I knew him before I ever laid eyes on him that day in the library. A few days later his dad called me and told me it was him. I remember thinking, "Thank God he is at least away from you. Thank God he is in a place now where he can at least defend himself, where he will have access to an education, possibly therapy, 3 meals a day." He was tried as an adult and convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to 20 years. He was out in 5 - he never saw an adult prison. I saw him then, on the verge of out of control, instinct plus a sort of frenetic energy, free. He became a cook and then a chef and then a father.

I lost touch with him until a few months ago. Found him on facebook, had a few really good conversations with him. *He and the mother of his baby had broken up and he had slipped into a depression. *He hadn't seen his kid in a long time. He was working odd jobs, warehouse jobs, construction. He said there weren't as many jobs for banquet chefs these days - especially those who hadn't been to school for it. He said he'd lost his confidence, that he'd changed. He was depressed and had entered a sort of desolation, but he had good friends and that helped.

There have been so many times over the years where I've questioned my judgment about Josh. Why did I date somebody who was so much trouble, who had so much trouble going on in his life, who was ultimately a "bad guy" and who almost took an innocent guy's life? But Josh wasn't a bad guy. He was a good guy who was screwed up. I honestly think he would have been a great guy if he'd had great parents. And knowing his childhood made me more of an advocate of the pro-choice movement than any feminist argument has. No child deserves to live unwanted, despised, abused by his own flesh and blood. Some people make it out of that kind of childhood without becoming what he became. *But even after he'd done something unimaginably terrible, he kept trying to put his life together even though he was in a downward spiral.

Because of some trauma in my own life and because of what happened with Josh, I became emotionally numb shortly after he did what he did. For twelve years I was numb. *Life was sleep-walking. One day the feeling began to come back and I realized I couldn't live the life I'd been living anymore. I came out to myself, I came out to my husband, I left my marriage, I could feel again, I became too sensitive to watch scary movies or read upsetting news stories. And all that happened way back then was something I could finally mourn. I could finally accept the awfulness of what happened way back then. *My childhood ended with Josh - my childhood faith in the impossible, my childhood understanding of the world as a supportive and loving place. My childhood faith in the systems in place to protect children. My childhood faith in my own parent. My childhood faith that people can overcome their circumstances if they just want to badly enough.

I will always have the memory of sitting in the bleachers together crying and wishing together for a different sort of life. A life where he could be safe, where I could be safe. I will have the memories of many walks in the woods, of sitting together in front of a small fire and taking comfort in that together. Life may have been hard, but it was still life, and we were two people with a fire in a cold and cruel world.

I found out today that Josh died two weeks ago in a car wreck. He was, "trying to pass in a no-passing zone," and he hit another car head-on. There were no skid marks on the road. He didn't swerve or hit his brakes. Thank the gods, the people in the other car lived. And so ends the life of a person who was once a kid whom I loved very much. A kid who never got to be a kid.

Because of him, I will always have compassion for those who screw up, for prisoners, for child abuse survivors, for those who grew up unwanted, abused, powerless, unloved. I will never believe in a stark contrast between good people and bad people. At the end of the day, I want to think Josh was a good person despite the things he did. If nothing else, he was a loved person. Loved by many people very dearly. He was a good and loyal friend, loving, warm, polite, understanding, accepting and encouraging to everybody he was close to.

I do not know if his last moments were intentional or accidental, but if they were intentional I wish he had had more regard for the lives of others. He was born and baptized into violence, and his end was also in violence.

Because of Josh, I will never be the same. Goodbye, Josh. May you have peace now.

Love,
Natalie

Lady Pamela 06-08-2010 10:54 AM

I light this candle from your candle Nat.
To keep your energies growing.

For Josh and Nat

I light this candle for Nat and also in rememberance of Josh. May he now feel free from all the harm,guilt and shame from his lifes happenings.

May his story be told to many so more will pay attention.

Nat...May your healing be swift. But may you always remember and keep his spirit alive by telling his story...Your story.

Spirit Dancer 06-09-2010 06:45 PM

It has been a few days, but prayers remain.
Today I lit my candles for

Diva
Mini Diva
Pashi
Wax
Nat
Wolfy
Andrew
Lady Pamela and Family
Tommi
Deb
Delores
Syr
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=SDR
http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...rning_anim.gif

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/a...healcandle.gif

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ayercandle.jpg

Lady Pamela 06-09-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 126673)
It has been a few days, but prayers remain.
Today I lit my candles for

Diva
Mini Diva
Pashi
Wax
Nat
Wolfy
Andrew
Lady Pamela and Family
Tommi
Deb
Delores
Syr

I have lit candles as well for all these names above..

May they recieve what they are needing.

Spirit Dancer,
You forgot a very important one within your list....YOU!

I lit a special one for you this day as well....Smiles

oblivia 06-09-2010 09:00 PM

I lit my candle for nat and for all those who are seeking healing right now.

Diva 06-09-2010 11:34 PM

I need a vacation, I think.

<sigh>

AtLast 06-09-2010 11:47 PM

My candles today are for all that are dealing with illness. Also, for the families of the 11 workers killed in the Gulf. And one more for my sister as she cares for her husband of 45 years as an Alzheimer's care-taker.

And another for those that have transgressed against me. Forgiveness frees the soul for more important work.

Send your Woo out to all those that are having a tough time.... together, we can make a difference. Really!

:candle: