Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bushcraft (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7985)

kittygrrl 12-13-2018 02:34 PM

camps in her van and sometimes in a tentshe may climbbouldering

homoe 12-13-2018 07:28 PM

I get dizzy and woozie just thinking about mountain climbing.....:seeingstars:

kittygrrl 12-13-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1234515)
I get dizzy and woozie just thinking about mountain climbing.....:seeingstars:

i've never done any but would like to..i've no problem with heights at one point i worked (in a harness) 4 bucks high literally teetering in the wind, ..and (learned to) never look down:hangloose:

homoe 12-14-2018 10:22 AM

Winter tips for staying warm...

Chemical Warmers

:cold:

Besides dressing in layers another trick to keep warm on the chilliest of days is to use a heated chalk bag or chemical warmers. Strap a body warmer (basically, a bigger version of a hand warmer; like Grabber’s “Peel N Stick” body warmer) to your chest near your heart to keep core toasty. By keeping your heart warm, you’re warming all the blood being pumped to your extremities. Just don’t put the body warmer directly on your skin because it can burn you. Try perhaps by putting it on the outside of your sports bra.

kittygrrl 12-14-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1234574)
Chemical Warmers

:cold:

Besides dressing in layers another trick to keep warm on the chilliest of days is to use a heated chalk bag or chemical warmers. Strap a body warmer (basically, a bigger version of a hand warmer; like Grabber’s “Peel N Stick” body warmer) to your chest near your heart to keep core toasty. By keeping your heart warm, you’re warming all the blood being pumped to your extremities. Just don’t put the body warmer directly on your skin because it can burn you. Try perhaps by putting it on the outside of your sports bra.

interesting ...i don't think i've ever saw anything like that..only foot & hand warmers..but a GREAT idea!

homoe 12-19-2018 01:58 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1362_.jpg

homoe 01-14-2019 12:59 PM

Wildwood Survival tips to keep warm............

Tense and relax muscles for a while - the passive equivalent of getting some exercise. Go for a pee - your body is heating that extra water for no reason. Drink something hot or warm. Sit close beside another person, cozy up if you are getting seriously cold, this is the most effective way to get warm, and it is no time to be shy or reluctant....:eyebat:

kittygrrl 01-14-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1238197)
Tense and relax muscles for a while - the passive equivalent of getting some exercise. Go for a pee - your body is heating that extra water for no reason. Drink something hot or warm. Sit close beside another person, cozy up if you are getting seriously cold, this is the most effective way to get warm, and it is no time to be shy or reluctant....:eyebat:

100% wool blankets built for two, very little or no clothing(better) do not rub frozen skin, just gently press into cold skin w/warm body

homoe 01-14-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 1238199)
100% wool blankets built for two, very little or no clothing(better) do not rub frozen skin, just gently press into cold skin w/warm body

:deepthoughts:...

Oh, so the "very little or no clothing" helps absorbs heat directly from person to person without losing body heat through layers of clothing right?

RockOn 01-14-2019 06:41 PM

make a little rocket stove ... great for outdoors ... check out youtube ... tons of clever ideas on DIY rocket stoves ... there are about seven I would love to make

or

huddle with your dogs - make a puppy pile ... they will enjoy it too

homoe 01-14-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1238236)
make a little rocket stove ... great for outdoors ... check out youtube ... tons of clever ideas on DIY rocket stoves ... there are about seven I would love to make

or

huddle with your dogs - make a puppy pile ... they will enjoy it too

Dogs are nice, but I'd much rather "huddle" with femmes and prefer a pile of hot blooded women, just saying........:tease:

homoe 01-15-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygrrl (Post 1238199)

Hope all that doesn't lead to Spontaneous Combustion...........:blush:

RockOn 01-15-2019 04:02 PM

back to homoe

everyone has their preferences
:)

homoe 01-15-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockOn (Post 1238313)
everyone has their preferences
:)

SO very true! One man's meat is another man's poison....

cathexis 01-16-2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1238301)
Hope all that doesn't lead to Spontaneous Combustion...........:blush:

or anaphylaxis..................

homoe 01-16-2019 09:23 AM

Learn New Constellations from Paul Kirtley blog.......

Bushcraft centres on the study of nature. The stars in the heavens are part of nature, even if they are less tangible than the ground beneath our feet or the trees, plants and animals that surround us in the great outdoors.

Studying the sky is interesting in its own right. It’s a source of great beauty.

:moonstars:

Plus what is more romantic than sitting and looking up at the moon and stars?!

kittygrrl 01-16-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1238239)
Dogs are nice, but I'd much rather "huddle" with femmes and prefer a pile of hot blooded women, just saying........:tease:

when i'm cold i'm not going to be particular..puppy pile, kitty pile, my choice is any pile available!..seldom will you be able to choose (your option) in such a predicament and..you won't even mind..trust me :)

homoe 03-08-2019 12:56 PM

"In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love"..

No doubt Bushcrafter's turns to getting back out into the wild....

kittygrrl 03-09-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1242241)
"In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love"..

No doubt Bushcrafter's turns to getting back out into the wild....

wild hearts in the wild,,fun H

kittygrrl 03-10-2019 12:39 PM

now for the good stuff!! Trying to figure out what i am going to do this year for my big project. Any ideas????@@