Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Butch Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Butch Attire & Fashion (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812)

MarineCorps1 04-14-2012 06:37 PM

Camo, combat boots, metal t-shirts. Ripped-up denim and motorcycle jackets. Flannel when it's cold.

Nerdboi 08-09-2012 02:17 PM

V-neck shirts, slim fit mens clothing from Aramani Exchange, love chain wallets, love wearing my nike sneakers, all about gym shorts and gym clothes which I'm mainly in, or boys sweat pants, not to mention spiderman or superman pj pants rock too. Style varies with my mood I guess. Oh and I love my torn up hoodie I have worn for about 3 years now. Can't go wrong with a good hoodie.

stephfromMIT 08-13-2012 07:03 AM

My standard outfit

When I'm class/lab:

men's khakis w/belt over boxer-briefs, wife-beater under button up shirt.

Just chilling outfit:

jeans+boxer-briefs and t-shirt.

Glenn 08-13-2012 07:36 AM

Overalls with T's is my favorite butch attire in the slop hole, and when my limo driver drops me back home, sometimes I wear Gucci suits to lay around in. I always wear Reeboks DMX shoes because my podiatrist said they are the best for my feet, and she was right. I love/buy/wear men's wool vests, sweaters, shirts, pants, coats, and scarves in the spring, fall and winter.

Jett 08-13-2012 07:49 AM

I love a nice fitted suit, lighter quality material... black or charcoal with with a narrow tie. But day to day it jeans (usually Helix or Urban Pipeline) and button ups or nicer hoodies.... ankle boots or Vans depending....

And of course any excuse to wear a tux is a good excuse ... sweet.

Toughy 08-13-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 631688)
When I'm class/lab:

men's khakis w/belt over boxer-briefs, wife-beater under button up shirt.

Just chilling outfit:

jeans+boxer-briefs and t-shirt.

I'm feeling nice today....and before someone rips your head off....

that term in red up there....how about calling it an under-shirt or an A-shirt or any other term that works......wife-beater is ugly word and has connotations no one here likes.....

I wear them all the time and call it an A shirt.....

stephfromMIT 08-13-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks Toughy! Man, I step on toes alot here. :( I think "tank top" is a innocuous description of the article of clothing in question.

EnderD_503 08-29-2012 07:27 PM

Usually I wear black or camo pants/shorts with band shirts or plain black shirts.

But the last few weeks I've been really cruising for a nice new short-sleeved button up shirt, since I like how the one I have looks now lol But trying to find a nice one that's not like 30 bucks is hard :| Oh Zellers, why did you have to close/get bought out by an American company :(

tazz 08-29-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughy (Post 631959)
I'm feeling nice today....and before someone rips your head off....

that term in red up there....how about calling it an under-shirt or an A-shirt or any other term that works......wife-beater is ugly word and has connotations no one here likes.....

I wear them all the time and call it an A shirt.....

***sorry Toughy!! i used the term wife beater in another thread... now i know better... i have a couple of A shirts.

again my apologies... as i did not mean to offend anyone

GiantSteps 08-29-2012 09:05 PM

I'm usually in suit and tie for work purposes, prefer french cuff shirts and lovely cufflinks. but I love western boots with a pointed toe and not to high heel. Old Gringo, Tony Lama and Corrals fit nicely for any occasion (my opinion only). I don't have enough boots, but I have enough, you know?

stephfromMIT 08-29-2012 09:17 PM

I'm still too "girly" to wear a tie or men's dress shoes.

tazz 08-30-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642436)

i wear a tie and my black sketchers. and under every shirt i wear i always wear an under shirt.

Hack 08-30-2012 07:31 PM

I have to wear a tie this weekend. Yes, on a weekend.

And it's only because of Sparkle that I agreed to it.

I just want that on the record.

tazz 08-30-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineCorps1 (Post 565098)
Camo, combat boots, metal t-shirts. Ripped-up denim and motorcycle jackets. Flannel when it's cold.

uhmmm ok...that's just hot.

macele 08-30-2012 07:42 PM

i am a sad sad sight. a white t shirt is like heaven for me. and a black pair of mesh shorts. that's all i need.

a friend told me once that i needed someone to dress me. i said i've always known that! lol

story: my niece, 8, told the lady in the school office that her aunt was coming to pick her up. niece said, she'll be wearing a white t shirt and she has curly hair LOLOL. she knows me well huh lol.

you all have good tastes in clothing!

EnderD_503 08-31-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephfromMIT (Post 642436)

I think we make the mistake here and in society of focusing on clothing as "men's clothes" or "women's clothes." Butches and/or transguys wearing "men's clothes" and femmes wearing "women's clothes." Truth is we can wear whatever we want and still identify as we want and those identities will still be legitimate to ourselves and supportive community. We should be more queer than that, damnit! :D Whoever wears the clothes owns them, imo.

If you want to wear ties or dress shoes from the "men's department" you shouldn't worry about whether you're "girly" or if the clothes are "manly" or something is whatever. If you like it and want to wear it you should wear it at least to try and if you're a butch woman wearing it, then maybe it's not men's clothes but butch woman clothes...or just Steph clothes :D

deathbypoem 09-01-2012 03:12 AM

I love my ripped up hollister jeans! Sometimes AE. :) A good white tee with a beater underneath it (notice I didn't put the first part of that word in there, so don't judge me) I really dig plaid! So I wear a lot of plaid shorts. Hoodies, airwalks, converse and adidas. On another note if im just chillin around the house its a beater, and lounge pants/ball shorts depending on my mood. My favorite outfit to wear is.. a pair of super holy hollister pants, my black converse, a white tee and a black and white plaid button up over that.. my studded belt with 2 pistols on it, and yes. I sag quite nicely. :) Spritz some smell good on and thats it! ;)

Kelt 10-12-2012 10:42 PM

It's fall folks. I thought I'd give this a nudge for those who wear/appreciate menswear.

A couple of sites I've recently added to my favorites are

Put this on
&
Valet mag

Time to go through the closets and seasonal wear, it doesn't take much to freshen things up. A new tie or pocket square can change a look a lot. Maybe add a vintage sweater or treat yourself to some new boots.

What are you doing with your look these days?

Bèsame* 10-12-2012 10:52 PM

Thanks! Gives me ideas for future shopping:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelt (Post 674450)
It's fall folks. I thought I'd give this a nudge for those who wear/appreciate menswear.

A couple of sites I've recently added to my favorites are

Put this on
&
Valet mag

Time to go through the closets and seasonal wear, it doesn't take much to freshen things up. A new tie or pocket square can change a look a lot. Maybe add a vintage sweater or treat yourself to some new boots.

What are you doing with your look these days?

Ciaran 10-13-2012 01:47 AM

I love fashion, primarily smart casual. Increasingly, in addition to my ongoing love of all things Cavalli, I'm finding that I am attracted to designs and styles that are very traditional but with a very contemporary edge.

Holland Esquire, a small and not long-formed London company provides great designs and has become a favourite of mine over the past 18 months or so:

www.hollandesquire.com/

Also, very pricey, but I really love Ermenegildo Zegna clothing. Ermenegildo Zenga is an older Italian company and famous for its high quality woolen products. In my opinion, their clothing is the sort of clothing that, when you put it on, you start to feel a bit more attractive even on those days when you're not feeling that way inside yourself:

www.zegna.com/

I hate wearing suits so increasingly I wear smart casual in the office, except for when meeting external clients. In those instances, I still wear a (tieless) suit. My favourite suits for the office are by a traditional London fashion house called Gieves & Hawkes:

www.gievesandhawkes.com/