Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Self Accountability...Where will you be in 5 years? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980)

Apocalipstic 03-11-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 64945)
OMG!!! Can you tango? It's my favorite dance and music!!! And I love, love, love the Argentinian accent!!! Eh, che?? ;)

Me encanta el Tango tambien! I am listening to it today actually. Dancing it? Very very basic knowledge.

The Porteño accent is very sexy!

Buenos Aires en cinco años, instead of España then. :)

cinderella 03-11-2010 01:18 PM

Bueno, mi amor, mis abuelos son de Las Canarias, so, I would like to see Tenerife before I depart this planet. However, quiero ver a la tumba de Evita (my personal heroine), and learn tango from a native Porteño. Hey, and why not do both - Las Canarias, y Buenos Aires...que viva la Hispanidad!!!

Ok, now you got me in the mood to hear tango...heading for my cd collection...hmmm, let's see - Libertad LaMarque, or Carlos Gardel (my mom's favorite)...oh dear, decisions, decisions... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 64960)
Me encanta el Tango tambien! I am listening to it today actually. Dancing it? Very very basic knowledge.

Apocalipstic 03-11-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 64969)
Bueno, mi amor, mis abuelos son de Las Canarias, so, I would like to see Tenerife before I depart this planet. However, quiero ver a la tumba de Evita (my personal heroine), and learn tango from a native Porteño. Hey, and why not do both - Las Canarias, y Buenos Aires...que viva la Hispanidad!!!

Bueno, Both places it is! :)

cinderella 03-11-2010 01:25 PM

Yayyyyyyy!!!! Okey, dokey. :)

Now, back to reality...and I'm *still* on this damned computer!!!! Gosh, I'm an addict!!!! Ok, later, my friend - for real now, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 64970)
Bueno, Both places it is! :)

Abigail Crabby 03-11-2010 01:47 PM

In Florida

leaning toward retiring in Belize City....

:wateringgarden:

theoddz 03-11-2010 03:44 PM

Five years from now, I will be 2 months away from (very comfortably) retiring after 20 years of federal civil service. I intend to travel a bit and buy some property in a cooler climate (possibly Montana), so I won't have to roast in Las Vegas during the summer months.

Theo :bouquet:

Jet 03-11-2010 03:51 PM

Carmen, my Aunt Louise is 73 and still working full time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 64744)
Hopefully, not dead. In 5 years I'll be 72, so who the hell knows? I just want to be healthy, and be able to take care of myself - that will be enough.

adorable 03-11-2010 05:07 PM

I will be where I am meant to be.

If you asked me five years ago where I would be today - I sure wouldn't have said where I am now.....

Rockinonahigh 03-11-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adorable (Post 65053)
I will be where I am meant to be.

If you asked me five years ago where I would be today - I sure wouldn't have said where I am now.....

I pictured me loafing away on :theisland: siping :toast: with the love of my :heartbeat:life fully retired.man, was I dreamimg or what!

Corkey 03-11-2010 06:41 PM

I'm 51, alive would be good.:piratelaugh:

Gemme 03-11-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 64830)
9. Biked from Vancouver to L.A.

Vancouver, WA or Canada?

Linus 03-11-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 65138)
Vancouver, WA or Canada?

Canada :) :canadian:

cinderella 03-11-2010 07:58 PM

Para ti, con cariño. From my favorite movie The Tango Lesson
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_exd6U1ubY"]YouTube- Libertango - Video de película Lección de Tango (Yo Yo Ma)[/ame]

Quote:

Originally Posted by apocalipstic (Post 64960)

Gemme 03-11-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 65144)
Canada :) :canadian:

I thought as much, but Vancouver, WA is lovely too. :)

If you continue to include WA state in your potential areas to move to, consider Seattle and the areas surrounding it. I live about 45 minutes by ferry away from it and about an hour and 15 minutes driving time away and I really like it.

Linus 03-11-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 65147)
I thought as much, but Vancouver, WA is lovely too. :)

If you continue to include WA state in your potential areas to move to, consider Seattle and the areas surrounding it. I live about 45 minutes by ferry away from it and about an hour and 15 minutes driving time away and I really like it.

Definitely will keep it in mind. :)

sylvie 01-24-2011 09:42 PM

wow, i'm finding all these posts i've never seen around the forum, i need to forum hunt more often.. great post Blade..

let's see.. in 5 years...
both of my children will be graduated, and i'll probably be experiencing empty nest *sniffles* although, i am already feeling that with them as teenagers and not being around so much or needing mom much lol..

- i want to have applied, been accepted & completed the nursing program , hoping to be accepted by the 2012 class, and will be a 2 year course , so class of 2014 *gulp* - this will give me the freedom to move elsewhere with ease, a good career under my belt and a job that i'll truly love and suits me ♥ & better financially, as well..

- i hope to be a more confident, healthier & stronger 'me'.. that this journey i have started at the beginning of this year will find me in a peaceful, very well balanced & happy place that made this journey so worthwhile...

- i hope in 5 years, i'll have found true love..something honest, something real, kindred spirit to grow old with, and love unconditionally.. someone who will accept me, for my weird quirky ways, as i will he, and someone i can look up to, depend on and have the most funnest (yes its a word in my vocabulary) times with.. ♥

- travelling... i'd love to travel, visit places, i love learning history and traditions, road trips and photo-taking even at silly roadside stops just for fun, visiting friends, concerts & events, travels of all kinds.. i want to experience the world, WITH someone is preferable, so guess i better work on the meeting someone first LOL.

Softly 01-24-2011 10:06 PM

I will try to get pregnant when I am 35.
In 5 years.
gives us plenty of time to get things in order and prepare.

are you ever really prepared for that?
:)

:|

on the way, I will continue to do a good job keeping my finances in order, keeping my head right with work and life and getting my butt into shape.

Gráinne 02-06-2011 01:11 AM

1. Finish my Ph.D, or be real close
2. Buy a house-or move
3. Kids near graduation-plan for college
4. Get published
5. In much better shape than now-in fact, running marathons
6. Having a productive, fulfilling career

Jesse 02-06-2011 02:47 AM

Hell if I know where I'll be in five years. I just hope I remember to take my mind with me. :goodluck:

Gemme 02-08-2011 06:18 PM

I'd like to be debt free outside of the usual monthly living expenses, Ebon to be in school or finishing up and to have reached a huge goal of his that affects me as well, and to be in a career that I enjoy and/or going back to school.

Oh!

I'd like to have one complete suit of furniture. It's been years and, though I like the eclectic look of mismatched furniture, I want one complete set.