Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics And Law (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   What is your method of voting this election? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8197)

cathexis 11-04-2016 11:26 PM

Partner and i always walk to the polls on Election Day to gladly stand in line

with thanks to those from years past that made/protected our rights to vote

freely!

Thank you Veterans and to anyone who has served as an elected official!!!

I too have voted each Presidential election since age 18 starting in 1976 (and most mid-terms).

~ocean 11-04-2016 11:29 PM

~

I will vote on Nov.8th....... and I never tell who I am voting for unless I am campaigning for a candidate.

Liam 11-05-2016 04:05 AM

I vote by mail, my ballot was sent two weeks ago.

Blade 11-05-2016 07:26 AM

I have voted in every election since I was 18. I voted last week and normally.

Gemme 11-05-2016 07:33 AM

The first response I had was 'using logic and sanity' but that's not what you meant.

:blink:

I will be voting on The Big Day. My polling location is at a school this time. It will be interesting to see how they process things as I used to volunteer at the polls in FL.

I am being paid for my actual time at work plus holiday pay. Go, Rhode Island!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1104628)
That would be interesting but I would be concerned that those results would influence how or if poll voters vote.

I can hear, in my head, people saying oh that person is already winning so I don't need to vote.

Or look how far ahead the person I was going to vote for is. I will write in Mickey Mouse for the fun of it.

There's about 100 or so people in a town nearby that are writing in the name of the former mayor. I get that they want to vote their party but don't want one candidate but I feel, that in THIS election of all elections, this is NOT the time to be shitting around. It's a nice gesture but it's wasting their vote. Of course, it's their vote to waste so there's that but still....I'm befuddled.

Wrang1er 11-05-2016 08:49 AM

I went and voted early today. The lines were long but everyone was friendly. I normally just go to the polls but I wanted to get it over with.

Andrea 11-06-2016 07:42 AM

*Bump*

Would love to hear from more of you what your method of voting this election is and if that is your preferred method or if something else is.

DapperButch 11-06-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 1105050)
*Bump*

Would love to hear from more of you what your method of voting this election is and if that is your preferred method or if something else is.

Text. (joking).

firegal 11-06-2016 10:15 AM

I dropped my absentee ballot at a drop box days ago....
it was full of so may initiatives and referendums,i had to do some home work.The presidential election was the easiest choice.

Andrea 11-06-2016 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 1105087)
Text. (joking).

And how does that work out for you ? :)

MsTinkerbelly 11-06-2016 04:43 PM

I'm going as soon as the polls open Tuesday and I'm wearing white in honor of the suffragettes that fought and died for my right to vote.

I am going to a church to vote...the same one used in the primaries. Anyone who knows me in person knows I am exactly like I post here...I hope no one tries to block our votes, because there will be heck to pay. :pirate-steer:

BullDog 11-06-2016 06:18 PM

I will be voting in person on Tuesday!

We do have the early voting option here, but I would need to go to the next town over and I prefer to vote in my little town here. I have also voted by mail when I lived in Oregon. That is convenient but I much prefer to vote in person.

I'm glad there are lots of options available and people are planning ahead to make sure their votes count!

Venus007 11-06-2016 06:26 PM

I early voted last week

JDeere 11-07-2016 09:16 PM

Voting tomorrow morning. Actually going to the polls this year instead of absentee ballot.

Kätzchen 08-13-2019 09:11 PM

Andrea??? Did you see in the news today that Stacy Abrams made a huge announcement at a rally in Las Vegas (I think) at a Labor (Union) convention?

Abrams multi-million sponsored initiative is called: Fair Fight 2020.

"The project will fund and staff voter protection teams in battleground states across the country ahead of next year's elections" (Article LINK)
(excerpt from news article I found on the Newser website @ www.newser.com).

Kätzchen 11-23-2019 04:22 PM

Bumping Andrea's Voting forum thread, again:

Here's an article which is currently featured on CNN, concerning voting issues American citizens face -- each election -- and in this case, the article focuses on a South Carolina city, Ashville.

It's horrible, what the GOP has done for years and in particular, this article is not exhaustive in it's claims about gerrymandering of districts, not to mention whole states (Idaho, for instance) in the contiguous continental United States, where Republican's have maintained a strangle-hold politically.

I hope Stacey Abram's voting initiative has been active since her Las Vega$ announcement, but my inner radar tells me that the GOP's efforts to take over American politics and government to make sure everyone bows down to their agenda is only going to get worse, until people demand that they be held accountable and vote them out of office.

It makes me furious when I read articles about how the GOP is at the bottom of every cesspool act in our governing agencies.

Article Link is found ~~~>>>>>>> Here.

Kätzchen 10-24-2022 04:41 PM

I voted today and filled out my mail in ballot for every democrat who is either an incumbent or is on the ballot to be elected to office.

I will be taking my mail-in ballot directly to the county elections office, personally, so I know my ballot will be counted.

<<<<<~~~ does not trust the mail service (USPS) still to this day.

:vigil:

nhplowboi 10-24-2022 05:42 PM

I will vote at our town's polling station, in person, as I always do.

Orema 10-24-2022 05:52 PM

I have an absentee ballot but will vote at the poll up the street. I’ll take my ballot along to remember how to vote for the local judges, council members, and propositions I’ve decided on.

clay 10-24-2022 06:09 PM

Mailed my ballot in couple weeks ago!!

Has been accounted, counted, & tracked!!!