Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Alone for the Holidays (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4199)

SoNotHer 11-16-2011 01:27 AM

Snow tubing? Wow.... I'm sorry I'm not there for that. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadyke (Post 465339)
Just an FYI for anyone interested...

1st Annual Misfits Holiday Season Gathering - If you have no where to go this year (or just want to hang out and chill before facing family) contact me and come spend some time here in Wenatchee, Wa (Central Washington State). There will a warm fire going and plenty of food, drink, XBOXing, skiing (Mission Ridge), snowtubing (Leavenworth) and other activities happening. The fun starts December 23rd and continues through December 26th.

Cheers!!

SoNotHer 11-16-2011 01:28 AM

Great idea! Wouldn't that be fun! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOfAKind (Post 465277)
Just a thought...for those of us with Skype or Yahoo Voice, we could get together in a room and do voice chat, karaoke, play a game etc. Hearing each others real voices would be real cool.:hangloose:

Toughy 11-16-2011 01:31 AM

I will be doing a dog sitting gig in Vallejo, but on T-day will come back to my house for the whole turkey dressing etc with Isa and Hawk (housemates and family of choice). But that will be just a couple of hours.

I think hanging out in the Planet's chat room would be good. That way any other orphans would have folks to chat with also.........

edited to ad: someone could at least keep a window open in chat and invite anyone else to hang with Skype/Yahoo if you wanted too.......shrug....

SoNotHer 11-16-2011 01:36 AM

I've done that in the past, and it's a good thing. I hope you find something good, and please join us if you don't.

Cheer? Who said anything about cheer? ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 465469)
I will be spending my first set of holidays alone in at least 15 years. I have been dreading it. This thread is a good idea, I just don't know if I'll be full of holiday cheer. I'm feeling pretty bleak about it.

I've been seeking/looking into a few ideas for volunteering on the holidays. I'm hoping that helping someone else have a good holiday will make it more enjoyable for me.

Scuba 11-16-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 465469)
I will be spending my first set of holidays alone in at least 15 years. I have been dreading it. This thread is a good idea, I just don't know if I'll be full of holiday cheer. I'm feeling pretty bleak about it.

I've been seeking/looking into a few ideas for volunteering on the holidays. I'm hoping that helping someone else have a good holiday will make it more enjoyable for me.

Hi Hollylane...I have also decided to do some volunteering over Thanksgiving...in the true spirit of the holiday :) There are plenty of places that would love to have you help out!

SoNotHer 11-16-2011 09:29 AM

Toughy, that's a great idea accessing the chat room and opening up to a call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughy (Post 465481)
I will be doing a dog sitting gig in Vallejo, but on T-day will come back to my house for the whole turkey dressing etc with Isa and Hawk (housemates and family of choice). But that will be just a couple of hours.

I think hanging out in the Planet's chat room would be good. That way any other orphans would have folks to chat with also.........

edited to ad: someone could at least keep a window open in chat and invite anyone else to hang with Skype/Yahoo if you wanted too.......shrug....

dykeumentary 11-16-2011 10:05 AM

i only have my phone.
No chat room for me.
Eldercare is kind of like a holiday every day-- food, naps, card games, not going anywhere, talking about the good old days. :tea:

SoNotHer 11-19-2011 01:14 PM

Thank you all.

Let's touch base before Thanksgiving. :-)

Rockinonahigh 11-19-2011 08:08 PM

No chat for me,it goes to fast.

SoNotHer 11-21-2011 03:18 AM

I hear you, Rockinahigh. Maybe some of us can post a "hello" here for those who don't want to chat or talk or are working.

barnes 11-21-2011 04:01 AM

ill be home alone ima cook turkey dinner anyway for me and my girls.going thru a ruff time thou down a tad,id love some chat company ! last year i worked a soup kitchen,i had worked there a year but i worked a 12 hour day that day ! it was nice ! i suggest it if u have never done it !

SoNotHer 11-23-2011 05:06 PM

Checking in

I will be volunteering tomorrow afternoon as a greeter at a free community dinner, but I will check in tomorrow morning and evening and see who's around.

I hope it's a wonderful day, and I look forward to saying "hello" to folks tomorrow and seeing how your day is going. :-)

http://curiousanimals.net/wp-content...ng-t-shirt.jpg

ruffryder 11-23-2011 05:09 PM

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

I'll be going to a thanksgiving lunch buffet with a friend tomorrow for some traditional foods and watching football. I will be around the Planet I'm sure.

clay 11-23-2011 05:25 PM

Hey SoNot....this is an awesome thread.,..thanks for starting it!
I will be alone with my lil red dachshund. Since I am without cable..I will have only internet!
So, I would love to hang out with some cool peeps tomorrow....smiles....
Happy Thanksgiving to you all...hugs and kisses...Clay

SoNotHer 11-24-2011 10:24 PM

Well, how did you all do today? I hope you found something to make you smile. Maybe this'll make you smile as well. Sometimes there are worse things than being alone on a holiday!

SNH

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aB_ZNr02KS...rozac-joke.jpg

AtLast 11-24-2011 10:46 PM

I spent today with my dog at a nursing home. He is a "visitor" dog. This feels good, but I do miss some of the traditional things about the holidays of past.

For Christmas, I will probably some other kind of volunteer activity- as soon as my dog is all the way through training and fully certified, I can take him to children's hospitals. But not this year.

I would be interested in doing a conference call with folks from the Planet on Christmas day- LOL, someone will have to tell me how the do do one, but, it would be fun to yak with some folks from here!!

Rockinonahigh 11-24-2011 10:55 PM

Hey all,how r u doing?Today I had some unexpected company that over stayed theire wellcome,corse I was a nice peron while they were hear.I watched the Macys parade like I do every year,took a nap,palyed with the fur kid.My son spent the day playing internet games..I have no ideal how any body can sit in one place that long,cant do it.

mustangjeano 11-24-2011 11:02 PM

Happy Turkey Day to all
I went across the street to my favorite neighbor's home. They always invite me and I feel like family there. So I pigged out, visited with several people and headed home to watch the 49ers game. The dog and I fell asleep in the recliner. Just thought I'de check in here and say hi.

Jeano

SoNotHer 11-24-2011 11:39 PM

I'm glad folks found some good stuff to get into today, and thank you for stopping by. Here's to faraway friends and family on the holidays, even if we prefer them that way. :groucho: lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gJWRmoIG4U...ur+family.jpeg

ruffryder 12-03-2011 09:56 PM

May be away from my family for xmas too. I don't know yet. I guess that's the price I pay for moving away and trying to find my happiness and life. My daughter wants me to come see her but have to see if time and finances allows and when. I know I want to see her again soon and I will as soon as I can. If it's not for xmas we will have our own little xmas when it happens.