Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Ab Fab: 20th Reunion Episodes (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4392)

1QuirkyKiwi 02-03-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 518734)
Sorry, I blame this weeks 'funny' meds :cheesy...I know you can't own it.

All five seasons are classic tv aren't they. In my top two ever along with Black Adder.

I have a cunning plan....to one day try and get my head round Black Adder! I'm not a fan of Rowan Atkinson; please excuse my lack of elegance here, but....he really annoys the arse off me! I used to like Tony Robinson until I met him; he's such a rude and arrogant little man! (He's shorter than me, but then, I'm quite tall, lol!).

I still love Hugh Laurie; he always makes me laugh! LOL!

Okiebug61 02-03-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 518718)
You own the last of the 20th Anniversary trilogy? No way!

I meant we own all of the original episodes. Sorry about that!

Daktari 02-03-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 518927)
I have a cunning plan....to one day try and get my head round Black Adder! I'm not a fan of Rowan Atkinson; please excuse my lack of elegance here, but....he really annoys the arse off me! I used to like Tony Robinson until I met him; he's such a rude and arrogant little man! (He's shorter than me, but then, I'm quite tall, lol!).

I still love Hugh Laurie; he always makes me laugh! LOL!

You'll never be an honorary Britlandian if you don't like Bl'Adder. It gets funnier with each season, the one with Miranda Richardson as Queenie and the fabulous Rik Mayall as Captain Flasheart, being my favourite. To be honest, Bl'Adder is the only thing I can watch with Rowan Atkinson in (well apart from the iconic Not the Nine O'clock News but that was a life time ago and I was still a teenager). Mr.Bean leaves me cold and I've never seen any of the films just because.

I'm sad to hear Tony is as you describe. I had same impression of Phil Collins when I played in a band for him for a week once upon 25yrs ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okiebug61 (Post 518713)
Hello! We own every single episode. Yeah everyone enjoy!

Yeah, I got it, just a bit too late...have you seen the two newest yet? :cheesy:

1QuirkyKiwi 02-03-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 519006)
You'll never be an honorary Britlandian if you don't like Bl'Adder. It gets funnier with each season, the one with Miranda Richardson as Queenie and the fabulous Rik Mayall as Captain Flasheart, being my favourite. To be honest, Bl'Adder is the only thing I can watch with Rowan Atkinson in (well apart from the iconic Not the Nine O'clock News but that was a life time ago and I was still a teenager). Mr.Bean leaves me cold and I've never seen any of the films just because.

I'm sad to hear Tony is as you describe. I had same impression of Phil Collins when I played in a band for him for a week once upon 25yrs ago.

I like Queenie (Miranda Richardson is another good British actress), but, can’t watch a lot of that series….I’d fast forward to her parts, lol! Rik Mayall is hilarious! Has he done much since his Quad-bike accident a few years ago?

I can’t watch Mr. Bean or any other of Atkinson’s’ movies. I’ve heard of Not the Nine O’clock News, but, have never seen it.

Tony was filming one of the Time Team episodes and he was rude to the team and crew. Yet, when the cameras were rolling he was ‘nice’. It was disheartening to see, especially as I loved watching the series.

It’s a shame about your experience with Phil Collins; I’ve heard of mixed experiences with him….I still like some of his music though, lol!

I’d best pack away my Union Jack shorts, string vest and knotted hankie away until I’m ready to become an honorary Britlandian….*Sighs* LOL! :cheesy: