Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are You Ready For Some Football? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

RavynTuqiri 08-21-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 (Post 402497)
FOOTBALL!!! YEAHHH!!! GO BRONCOS!!

They have the great John Elway back as the general manager and decision maker and John Fox as their coach. They have 3 great QB's all fighting for the top spot. I think it's gonna be either Orton with Quinn as the backup and then Tebow. They are looking great and got the win last night over the Bills 24-10. Ohhh yeahhh!

On another note I have a fantasy football league at Yahoo with some spots open. if anyone is interested in joining message me your email for an invite. Right now we have 9. thanks!

I'm equally impressed with the improvements the D line have shown....still question the secondary but we will see.....personally want Tebow to play and play well but his preseason has sucked ass (I tend to root for the underdog and while Tebow is the fan fav in Denver...he's been quite picked apart by the critics who say he'll never amount to a pro level QB).

Arwen 08-21-2011 11:01 AM

As a Longhorn fan, let me just say TEBOW SUCKS.

Okay. He's a great QB and I think he will man up.

I just hope he doesn't when the Broncos play my Saints. HA!

Leigh 08-21-2011 11:21 AM

Go Saints! Go Steelers! Go Patriots! Go 49ers! Go Raiders! GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starbuck 08-21-2011 11:45 AM

GO OU BEAT TEXAS

Am I ready for some football? Can I get a hell yea?! I love college football, professional ball I can take it or leave it. The University of Oklahoma is my team and I am soooo looking forward to this season, looking forward to a Big XII championship too.

Why am I such a fan? As a kid growing up, I watched OU football not with my dad, but with my mom! She's a big fan too. I'll call her to make sure she knows when a game is on so she doesn't miss it. I also like to Penn State. Joe Paterno is a classy guy and he sure knows football!

Now if I had to pick a pro team it'd be the St. Louis Rams just because the quarterback is Sam Bradford and he was the awesome quarterback for OU several years ago. Hey, what can I say? I'm faithful to my team and players that go on to the NFL.

GO OU BEAT TEXAS!

WolfyOne 08-21-2011 12:13 PM

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to stream my Bears games this year
The web site I was using has been closed down
I really am hoping to find someone else that may be streaming even though I know it's not legal
If someone puts it out there, I'll be watching them

I'll watch whoever is playing on TV though

And a BIG LOUD shout out.....I am so ready for football season!!!

ruffryder 08-21-2011 12:24 PM

LOL Arwen. You don't have to worry about Tebow. There are 2 others in front of him that are way better.. and you thought he was great? Uh ohh your Saints better watch out! I"m not even sure they play the Broncos?

As for college it's Nebraska Huskers now in the BIG 10 . . Watch out BIG 10 fans!!!

Tommi 08-21-2011 12:28 PM

Life is right again....Ahhhh. Football is back

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfyOne (Post 402570)
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to stream my Bears games this year
The web site I was using has been closed down
I really am hoping to find someone else that may be streaming even though I know it's not legal
If someone puts it out there, I'll be watching them

I'll watch whoever is playing on TV though

And a BIG LOUD shout out.....I am so ready for football season!!!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.c...rsvs.bears.jpg

HERE WE GO STEELERS
HERE WE GO

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 08-21-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 (Post 402574)
LOL Arwen. You don't have to worry about Tebow. There are 2 others in front of him that are way better.. and you thought he was great? Uh ohh your Saints better watch out! I"m not even sure they play the Broncos?

As for college it's Nebraska Huskers now in the BIG 10 . . Watch out BIG 10 fans!!!

Allllrrrriiiiiigggghtt, Ruffryder! Another Husker fan!!! That is MY team too! I have been a die hard true-blue (or red) Husker fan since the mid-60s.

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 08-21-2011 03:54 PM

Starbuck, as a life-long Nebraska Husker fan, I will personally miss my team playing OU. That was the rivalry that everyone looked forward to, right? I, and probably the entire Husker Nation will be singing Boomer Sooner when OU takes on the Longhorns.

My kids watched the games with both their dad and myself, they all got their love of sports from us. That is really nice that you call your mom before the games. Very sweet.

I also prefer college to pro ball, but if I am going to follow a pro team, it will first be a team with ex-NE players on it. I also grew to love the dolphins when I was living in south FL. My ex-gf is a huge ins fan.

Leigh 08-21-2011 04:06 PM

I'm also big on the CFL cuz of course, its canadian :-)

My Winnipeg Blue Bombers are #1 in ALL of the CFL (Canadian Football League) at 6-1 :-)

Holly.88 08-21-2011 04:08 PM

Here's to hopin' Dallas loses tonight!

ruffryder 08-21-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl (Post 402659)
Allllrrrriiiiiigggghtt, Ruffryder! Another Husker fan!!! That is MY team too! I have been a die hard true-blue (or red) Husker fan since the mid-60s.

Us Husker Fans are around! I was born and raised in NE so that's all i knew for college and professional teams. haha. . I now live in CO, soon to move to FL and I still and till I die will cheer them on. . Same goes for my BRONCOS! (:

ruffryder 08-21-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl (Post 402661)
Starbuck, as a life-long Nebraska Husker fan, I will personally miss my team playing OU. That was the rivalry that everyone looked forward to, right? I, and probably the entire Husker Nation will be singing Boomer Sooner when OU takes on the Longhorns.

What I will miss is them putting the Longhorns and Buffaloes face in the ground!! haha.. But I do look forward to see who is gonna be their biggest rivalries in the Big 10.

ArkansasPiscesGrrl 08-21-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 (Post 402669)
Us Husker Fans are around! I was born and raised in NE so that's all i knew for college and professional teams. haha. . I now live in CO, soon to move to FL and I still and till I die will cheer them on. . Same goes for my BRONCOS! (:

Yes, I lived in Omaha until 1988, then moved to Arkansas for 6 yrs, before mving to FL. What part of CO are you in now? My youngest son lives in Colorado Springs, that is where my oldest son is moving to this coming week. Also, where in FL are you moving? I've lived in the St Pete area, Orlando, central FL, and then the West Palm beach area. Miss it, but I am grateful to be where I am now.

Yeah, I will follow my husker teams till I die. Are you planning on heading up to WY this year for the game? My sons are going, they can't wait!

ruffryder 08-21-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl (Post 402881)
Yes, I lived in Omaha until 1988, then moved to Arkansas for 6 yrs, before mving to FL. What part of CO are you in now? My youngest son lives in Colorado Springs, that is where my oldest son is moving to this coming week. Also, where in FL are you moving? I've lived in the St Pete area, Orlando, central FL, and then the West Palm beach area. Miss it, but I am grateful to be where I am now.

Yeah, I will follow my husker teams till I die. Are you planning on heading up to WY this year for the game? My sons are going, they can't wait!

That's cool! I am in Northeast CO right now that's 3 hours from Springs. . in the plains. lol. I am headed to Tampa and Orlando and it all depends where I find a job is where i will live. It doesn't matter to me. I've heard great things about different parts of FL. (:

Tommi 08-21-2011 10:49 PM

20-7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly.88 (Post 402665)

Chargers vs. Cowboys:
Philip Rivers Shines As Bolts Top Boys, 20-7

Philip Rivers completed 8-of-11 passes for 92 yards and a touchdown, as the San Diego Chargers beat the Dallas Cowboys, 20-7, in preseason action.
[IMG]http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2011/08/21/21/35/SqKTa.St.58.jpg
[/IMG]

Tommi 08-21-2011 10:55 PM

20-7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly.88 (Post 402665)

Chargers vs. Cowboys:

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedi...qKTa.St.58.jpg

Holly.88 08-22-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 402944)
Chargers vs. Cowboys:

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedi...qKTa.St.58.jpg

Watching that game last night brought joy to my heart!!

ruffryder 08-22-2011 11:49 AM

Monday night preseason football!! OHHH YEAHHH!

BEARS @ GIANTS TONIGHT.. Who's it gonna be!!?

Tommi 08-22-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 (Post 403183)
Monday night preseason football!! OHHH YEAHHH!

BEARS @ GIANTS TONIGHT.. Who's it gonna be!!?

Dah BEARS...by 7

on behalf of WolfyOne
. ::cigar2: