Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What Did You Buy Today? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2203)

Kätzchen 01-15-2019 07:30 PM

I bought another book, while I was out on errands this afternoon....

The Orphan of Salt Winds (Elizabeth Brooks, who lives on the Isle of Man; published by Tin Books, Portland Oregon & Brooklyn, NY, 2019).

It was a Powell's staff pick... From the inside of the book:

Quote:

The winds and tides remember, as do the birds, and the shrimps, and the sand worms, and the whispering reeds, and the grasses, and the lichens, and every single stone in the old seawall. I know they remember, because they passed the story on to me ---a stranger---just as I have passed it on to you.

I can't make promises. I can only ask you to watch and listen and lift your face to the wind from time to time, in case it's carrying the scent of ancient magic.

One night, you will sense something -- glitter on black water, perhaps, or the snapping of a sail in an empty sea, or the call of a curlew -- and you will know that the time has come. ~ "Call of the Curlew," by J. Friedmann.

So now I've got two books to read in my spare time (one fiction, one non-fiction).

JDeere 01-15-2019 07:57 PM

Didnt buy but paid my cell phone bill, oh wait I bought usage on said phone for a month! Lol

Gemme 01-15-2019 08:27 PM

I had a 50% off coupon for JoAnn's and Saver's has 75% off of red tag winter stuffs sooooo…..:byebye:

candy_coated_bitch 01-15-2019 09:07 PM

Prescriptions, vitamin waters, chips, a PayPal payment to someone who needed some meds.

GeorgiaMa'am 01-16-2019 07:50 PM

- NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter
- a five-pack of NYX Lip Butter in various shades

RockOn 01-16-2019 09:39 PM

put gas in the truck on the way home

Gemme 01-16-2019 10:37 PM

Nothing today!

Gemme 01-17-2019 07:36 PM

I got some stuff to cover a small dresser. It's ugly but the paper's pattern is pretty so I hope it works out. I also bought a pedicure, some groceries, birthday goodies, hygiene stuffs and cat food.

RockOn 01-17-2019 11:02 PM

went to Lowes after work

bought a Bosch 4.5" wide and 17" long SDS-MAX clay spade bit ... actually it is a shovel I attach to this SDS-MAX Bosch rotary hammer drill I bought recently ... can use it sitting in a chair to dig 4x4 post holes as well as a trench to bury electrical wire inside pvc pipe for addition of more floodlights ... think i will point some into the surrounding woods ... being able to see what you are hearing in the woods at night will be a spook-reducer ... I received someone else's imagination as well as mine on the production line ... I tend to get more open-minded to the ridiculous at night ;)

also bought:

some metal and stainless still cutting wheels for my
angle grinder

Irwin 1/2 " spade bit ... think it is about 2' long

several Dewalt heavy duty extra fine toothed short metal cutting blades for my demolition saw ... thinking about cutting a third portion of the bottom of a metal barrel off to make a rocket stove when I get time

JDeere 01-18-2019 09:11 PM

Windshield washer fluid

Twix bar

6 bar pack of Dove for men Clean Comfort bar soap

A 20 oz. Coca cola

Twin pack of old spice deodorant

Im stocking up for awhile!

Gemme 01-19-2019 05:51 AM

I bought a pack of stencils yesterday. Nothing yet so far, though.

FireSignFemme 01-27-2019 11:25 PM

Nothing. Today I handed my credit card over for safe keeping, day dreamed about what I will be able to buy with cash next month, and stayed within my budget.

~SweetCheeks~ 01-27-2019 11:56 PM

Food for the fur baby and litter. Dinner from the yummy Greek place by our house.

RanchHand 01-28-2019 05:52 PM

What did I Purchase Today......

Absolutely nothing. I live two hours from the nearest town. I make my own meals and coffee, I very rearely buy things online, l have everything I need and I'm not into retail therapy and if i need something it usually means I really need the item. I'm good, didn't buy a thing today!

Gemme 01-28-2019 08:17 PM

Soup, candy, nuts and gluten free coconut macaroons.

PlatinumPearl 02-02-2019 01:33 PM

I bought...

A couple of eBooks, earbuds, and organic spearmint tea.

homoe 02-02-2019 07:02 PM

The most perfect red shirt...not too casual and not too dressy...:hangloose:

GeorgiaMa'am 02-02-2019 07:31 PM

I splurged on snacks for tomorrow, and in addition to the usual chips, etc., I got crab cakes, potstickers and coconut shrimp.

Gemme 02-03-2019 08:30 AM

Nothing so far! Nothing yesterday either, but I did get a delivery of something I previously bought.

Kätzchen 02-03-2019 02:35 PM

I got a couple of big-ticket item refunds, this week, so I'm going to invest those refunds by pre-paying the rent for my home before it is due in March.