Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fine Wine: Folks Over 50 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   If you're 60 or older, come join me. Let's talk, hang out, tease and support each other. (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1901)

iamkeri1 03-15-2011 10:26 PM

Hi Rockin,
So sorry you've been sick. Flu is bad. I'm glad you're on the mend. Fur kids are such a comfort when you fell sick or down, aren't they? And they don't get the flu, so you don't have to worry about making them sick with what you have.

Little Rock sounds great, but we'll have to see what happens. I'm chicken to go to things like that alone. Arkansas is such a beautiful state too. I'll bet it is gorgeous in the fall.
Get better quick!
Smooches,
Keri

iamkeri1 03-15-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 301850)
I turned 68 last December. Most times I feel 19, but today - and alot lately - I'm feeling tired. But, I think it's emotional. I am - at this late stage of the game - travelling to TX to meet my sweetie for the first time. I had totatally given up, and never dreamed this would ever happen to me again, but, there you have it! When you least expect it, that ol' rascal cupid is up to his old tricks! So hey, if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone! Cheers, silver foxes and diamond doyenes, Hope springs eternal, so keep the chins up! lol

I hope much success to this thread. I will be popping in from time to time.

Would love to discuss what/how those of you who are retired are enjoying it, or how you're feeling about it. Totally retired? Semi-retired? Or still honing away at that grindstone?

Cinderella,
Look at you girl!!! I hope you have a fabulous time. Love is not all there is to life, but it makes life so much more fun and thrilling. I love that phrase you use, "diamond doyenes", sounds sexy.

Thanks for joining us. Much joy to you in meeting your tejano.
Smooches,
Keri

AtLast 03-15-2011 10:57 PM

Whoops, not quite 60 yet..... will be March 22. I shall return!!! :)

:blink:

Rockinonahigh 03-16-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkeri1 (Post 302215)
Hi Rockin,
So sorry you've been sick. Flu is bad. I'm glad you're on the mend. Fur kids are such a comfort when you fell sick or down, aren't they? And they don't get the flu, so you don't have to worry about making them sick with what you have.

Little Rock sounds great, but we'll have to see what happens. I'm chicken to go to things like that alone. Arkansas is such a beautiful state too. I'll bet it is gorgeous in the fall.
Get better quick!
Smooches,
Keri

Now Keri,I havent been to Little Rock either,so there.Im throwing caution to the wind,packing my bags then takeing off the the goings on in Little Rock.Sometimes ya got to just go.

cinderella 03-16-2011 07:43 PM

Thank you for the well wishes, Miss Keri. Btw, my guy is not a 'Tejano', he is a Puerto Rican (as I am) dude living in TX, originally from Boston (I am a native Newyawka, lol), so we're both from the east coast.

As for 'diamond doyenes', it is meant with great respect and admiration for ladies who know the score, and have lived to tell about it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkeri1 (Post 302223)
Cinderella,
Look at you girl!!! I hope you have a fabulous time. Love is not all there is to life, but it makes life so much more fun and thrilling. I love that phrase you use, "diamond doyenes", sounds sexy.

Thanks for joining us. Much joy to you in meeting your tejano.
Smooches,
Keri

iamkeri1 03-17-2011 12:26 AM

Cinderella,
It is certainly a small world out there... and where loves happens is absolutely astonishing. Have the best time!
Smooches to you both,
Keri

iamkeri1 03-17-2011 12:29 AM

Rockin,
I'm proud of you for doing something that is scary to you (me too.) I hope you have a wonderful time. Stepping out of our comfort zones is so hard!
Smooches,
Keri

iamkeri1 03-20-2011 08:12 PM

Hi Plenties!
Just popping in to "hi!" to y'all. I hope you had a great weekend, and wish you a happy week ahead. I spent most of the week-end working, but I did manage to catch a flick on Friday. Saw the adult comedy "Paul" about an extraterrestrial who had been held captive on earth for 60 years. It was pretty funny, but if you dislike the F-word, you'll have to keep your ears covered for most of the movie, LOL.

Cinderella - are you in Texas? Hope you are wrapped in the arms of love. Let us hear from you.

Smooches to all my peeps.
Keri

mustangjeano 03-20-2011 10:35 PM

Hi everyone
I am new to bfp and glad to see this thread for us over 60 folks. Thanks Keri for starting it. I look forward to getting aquainted here.
Jeano

Gina 03-30-2011 01:23 PM

Over 60

I am over 60. At this stage in my life - many changes are taking place. I am moving back home after being gone for 8 years. I am so looking forward to it...:) I hope you all have blessed days and nights and remember to stop and smell the roses...and dance...:)

AtLast 03-30-2011 01:40 PM

Just have to say that although this 60 year old body has its creaks, it still kicks ass!

iamkeri1 03-30-2011 06:59 PM

Hey A L
You're all grown up now (not!!!) So you can join us here in the "big kids" thread. Welcome again - you were always welcome.
Smooches,
Keri

Gina 04-09-2011 04:37 AM

A week from today

I will be headed back to Kansas in a U-haul...lol!!! I want all the younger people in here to know what lies ahead for them (well at least some)..I am 65 years old and notice that sometimes when I cough, I pee. I have to take Claritin for allergies (not an age thing - but they didn't hit me until my late 50's)..Sometimes I will have an ache in my knees or hips or back - never used to be there, damn it. One thing for certain - stay active - all of you! I love to travel which is no secret - but if you want to travel when you are older - be prepared for anything to happen...I look in my mirror and wonder who the hell that is in there looking back at me! Go away and bring back the non-wrinkled version! Okay then - at least let me keep my teeth and eyes? Enjoy the ride and the journey!

iamkeri1 04-09-2011 08:48 AM

I hope that Kansas is a place you truly want to go to, and that you have totally a lot of fun whe you get there.

So why are you moving?

Enquiring minds want to know, LOL.

Smoooches,
Keri

Gina 04-10-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkeri1 (Post 316510)
I hope that Kansas is a place you truly want to go to, and that you have totally a lot of fun whe you get there.

So why are you moving?

Enquiring minds want to know, LOL.

Smoooches,
Keri

I lived there for many years and still own a house there - with a pool...It's going to really feel nice when it gets hot..:)

Rockinonahigh 04-10-2011 09:33 AM

Morning to u'all on this sunny sunday morning,I hope everyone is doing well with the spring season finaly comeing in.Finaly I got over the flue(I think) and have gone back to work wich is for some reason,just plane crazy.
Yeaterday I started spring cleaning,and today im pooped out from it all tho I still have some to get done,just glad its only little things.I may even take a nap sometimes today cause I know the comeing work week is gonna be a hard one.

iamkeri1 04-10-2011 09:45 PM

OOh Rockin! You had that flu for a long time. Wow I hope I don't have what you had! I've been sick a week as it is, and I want it gone NOW!

Hope your Monday is not as tough as you think it will be.

Gina,
May the road be smooth before ou and your U-haul door stay locked. :carride:

Smooches,
Keri

AtLast 04-11-2011 12:57 PM

Hummmm..... had a dream last night that a grand 50-something femme broke into my house and took liberties!! Now if she would materialize as real!!!

Rockinonahigh 04-11-2011 08:46 PM

Keri

Hi Kiri
My flue is much better than it had been,at least I can get thrue the day pretty well.I just hope I dont catch the mess again,ya know I hadnt had a flue shot in years but as I work in elder care I am required to have one yearly..then I got the flue...nasty bug it is.
How have u been doing,well I hope.
Rock

FemmeKat1 05-12-2011 11:10 PM

...sashaying into the room, smiling and waving to all....

Hola everyone -- I'm soooooo very excited to see this thread here. I am somewhat frustrated with the lack of older Butches available and it seems to me the dating pool dimishes after age 55 (or somewhere around there) for me. I"ve noticed that there are a whole lotta butches who are seeking younger femmes and younger femmes wanting older Butches, so where does that leave this 63 year old femme but wondering if it is an age-ism issue. I've been out lesbian since 76 and have always enjoyed the company of wonderful Butches over the years and the lifestyle that goes along with it. I am very versed on the "dance" between B/Fs and love the art of seduction, etc. I found that younger Butches do not have the same form of reference that I do and have not found those relationships truly satisfying. I also found it frustrating that younger femmes want to be part of this thread too. The pool of availability was much wider when I was younger, so I guess I'm not delighted to see that and kind of verifies my thinking. I'm bringing this to the table for discussion, your observations, etc. My intention is not to be critical, just frustrated with my own journey over the past several years and wanted to give a voice to this issue. Thoughts anyone?

Be at peace all