Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Important things I learned from past relationships (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4714)

Epicpwn 03-25-2012 05:39 AM

The most important thing I have learned from past relationships is to never ignore the red flags. You have gut insticts for a reason.

Prudence 03-25-2012 06:16 AM

What I learned from past relationships, is to never have another one. :cracked: :rofl:

Passionaria 03-26-2012 05:09 PM

Well this is going to sound weird but I learned that I have a dream in my heart of what I thought love was, that may not be based on reality. Ever since I was a child, I wanted nothing more than true love. It's been a long time since I was a little girl, and still have not found it. And I can't say that I understand why.

But I do love myself, and I can be my perfect love. Maybe that's all that matters. Maybe I should marry myself!!! I kid you not..............

Mr Nice Guy 03-26-2012 05:29 PM

That my heart always does what it wants as my mind plays dumb. If there's a next time, I'm determined to use my mind and let my heart be the dummy. Another words I'll think before I fall. :)

DMW 06-10-2012 02:36 PM

Not to trust

Bella~Vita 06-10-2012 02:38 PM

That I was too nice !

Greco 06-10-2012 03:20 PM

Lecciones

to be tender...gentle and when to know what
other form of love was called for

too personal? I'll blame it on the music.

Greco

ruby_woo 06-10-2012 03:26 PM

Don't forget to remain your own person and still do your own thing. Don't get lost in somebody else, because you'll be really lost when it's over.

Luv 06-10-2012 03:29 PM

That the 1st few months is the honeymoon stage but once u move in together true colors show

Not to trust

To listen to my head

To never make any decisions right after you get home from surgery and still have drugs in your system,,you make baaaad decisions and that sucks.

That they need to have a job and pull their share,,I hated being broke all the time and not appreciated.

kittygrrl 06-10-2012 03:40 PM

most important...

always keep a personal savings account, it's handy in a :jam:

Julien 06-10-2012 03:40 PM

Learn to forgive, not to forget because you don't want someone else to do the same things to you that hurt you before. Forgive that person who hurt you every time you think of them in negative ways. Think of the anger that is behind the negativity and reconcile the ending of the relationship with your emotions. Why? Because we are better than that and we do not want to become bitter over the past relationship, it will only hurt the new relationship.

Loyalty, honesty, integrity are the things I value in myself. I must look for someone with the same values in order to have a solid relationship.

~ocean 06-10-2012 03:52 PM

acceptance leaves room for forgiveness.

laruss 06-10-2012 09:21 PM

I have learned that you get what you give and you are the one who teaches people how to treat you. Relationships are give and take and all about open, honest communication.

Leigh 06-10-2012 10:22 PM

I've learned that we make mistakes, shit happens, no one is perfect but if you work together as a couple then you can do anything

Kenna 06-10-2012 10:32 PM

Giving away the key to the vulnerable part of me that I hide from all others may not be received as the gift it is... but may be the mistake that leaves an empty spot forever void.

sara-bera 06-10-2012 10:35 PM

Being happy is so much nicer than being right.
When I'm in the passenger seat, I need to let the driver do the driving.
Always apologize for hurt feelings even if I didn't intend harm.

rockstar lover 06-10-2012 10:42 PM

What I learned from past relationships....

You can't force someone to feel something they don't. If the love/attraction isn't mutual then it's time to let go. Always be yourself. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.

Glenn 06-10-2012 11:03 PM

Status, wealth, face, does'nt matter...at the end of the day...when the chips are down...most folks are looking out for numero uno, and that is the time...when you need your crazy repellent. Don't spray to much, and make yourself sick. Just get yourself and your furkids the hell away. Always ..always... always..I mean NEVER show all your cards(give all of yourself away). Always keep a couple of secret Bullets (Aces) in the hole for yourself for emergencies.

Corkey 06-10-2012 11:37 PM

To be really loved, I have to give her everything I am, holding back hurts not only her but myself as well.
It hurts much less to give everything than to give not enough and lose it all anyway.
That that piece of me I hold may be the piece she needs me to give.
That if I have done everything I can, then I will have no regrets.
Life is worth the giving, because living without her is not acceptable.

amiyesiam 06-10-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 600296)
To be really loved, I have to give her everything I am, holding back hurts not only her but myself as well.
It hurts much less to give everything than to give not enough and lose it all anyway.
That that piece of me I hold may be the piece she needs me to give.
That if I have done everything I can, then I will have no regrets.
Life is worth the giving, because living without her is not acceptable.

It is about being who you are. There is something freeing about showing another who you really are (something you can not always do in life) and being accepted just as you are.