Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Personal Space -- In Your Face (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2247)

Chad 05-28-2016 09:19 AM

Space

I like a lot of personal space. I don't like people standing too close to me. I do not like strangers hugging me. When my kitty passed lots of stangers including coworkers hugged me, not pleasent.

I don't like crowds or large groups. I like to spend a lot of my time alone with my pets. I don't even like living with people.

My family, close friends, and lovers are all welcome to get all up in my space. Haha!

Besically, it is my choice whether or not someone is allowed in my space.

:cowboy:

MsTinkerbelly 05-28-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly (Post 953185)
I am very quick to hug, but i can "tell" when a hug wouldn't be welcome and I'm good with that!

I love being in the middle of a group of friends/loved ones, and we can all sitthisclose and i'm in heaven. But.....get me in a crowd of strangers and i am moving toward the nearest exit before you can blink.

I need lots of me time, but personal space isn't needed unless it is a stranger.

Not much has changed, except I have become more like my mother with each passing year!

I used to be more reserved; not speaking to strangers for fear of rejection and not going to
unfamiliar places alone for the first time, which kept me from meeting some really nice people.

Now, I am THAT woman! The one that starts a conversation in a line, the one that brings the cookies to jury duty and sits in the circle laughing during break...boy have I changed, and I'm glad! Gone is the fear of what people think of me, gone is the need to not be seen in a crowd.

I wish I was this me 30 years ago.:pirate-steer:

cinnamongrrl 05-28-2016 11:21 AM

I've learned that personal space is an alternate reality in Asheville. I've had to let go of my personal space constraints while shopping and whenever I go downtown. I've also become more of a hugger.

I've always believed in personal evolution and I don't mind it so much most days. That doesn't mean I will necessarily go willingly to Trader Joe's on a weekend. Or any time after 3 pm any day of the week...

JDeere 05-28-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude (Post 216214)
Wondering if I'm just socially atypical............. What is the level of your need for personal space? Does the suggestion of "in your face" send an involuntary shiver up your spine? Do crowds ever overwhelm you? How do you feel about the person behind you in a que (how close is too close)? The hug from a mere acquaintance?

This is wholly apart from sexual intimacy - talking physical, personal space here; not even about emotional need for space. (That may be my next query!)

I'm bipolar and have OCD so personal space is a HUGE issue for me. I don't tend to like huge crowds but can deal with it. I don't like people behind me in line much either. I'm a bit afraid of my money or credit card Information being stolen. Yeah paranoid I know. Hugs however I am up for they tend to make me feel better. Now as for the sexual intimacy that's a whole other story.

girl_dee 01-17-2018 04:59 AM

This is a *touchy* (get it, touchy) subject for me.

i love my own space and time, but damn that can get lonely. So i only need it at times....

If you are a friend or family member of someone i love, i will likely hug you upon meeting....

if i don’t know you, i will likely not get close.

if we are on an elevator, stay away from my space

One thing i cannot tolerate is someone hovering over me to see what is in my plate while i am eating..... i had a co-worker who did this and i had to tell her it bugged me......

~ocean 01-17-2018 06:42 AM

~

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_dee (Post 1193331)
This is a *touchy* (get it, touchy) subject for me.

i love my own space and time, but damn that can get lonely. So i only need it at times....

If you are a friend or family member of someone i love, i will likely hug you upon meeting....

if i don’t know you, i will likely not get close.

if we are on an elevator, stay away from my space

One thing i cannot tolerate is someone hovering over me to see what is in my plate while i am eating..... i had a co-worker who did this and i had to tell her it bugged me......

LOL Dee I agree w/ u in CROWDING personal space ~ as much as I do need my time I get lonely too ~ thank god for good pets !!! lol they keep me busy.

cathexis 01-17-2018 08:11 AM

Am not really a touchy-feely type of person. Much rather shake hands with a new acquaintance than rather than hug. One of my favorite places is in the middle of a crowd. You can be very much alone in a crowd rather than standing in a cue or either side of someone. I do not enjoy making small talk. Don't get me wrong, if there's a particular topic, I can contribute to the conversation without difficulty.

I prefer to either be alone or with an intimate other (s).