Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Femme Zone (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   For the "Glam" of it (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2734)

BoDy*ShOt 03-13-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 300326)
Okay so now i'm curious anyone have those fine lines
around the eyes; if so have you found the secret
to diminishing those pesky signs of age?

my arsenal:
  • Skin Essentials eye roller
  • Loreal RevitaLift Double Lifting (day)

i use them after washing my face in the evening and then after my shower in the morning.

they seem to be working just fine for me! =)

Spirit Dancer 03-13-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 300437)
I'm finding the older I get, the less make-up I wear. I don't care for the harsh black ~ it's too much for me ~ and I DO look like a raccoon whether it drifts or not! lol So I wear a brown~black L'Oreal mascara that my daughter recommended. This one:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...genMascara.jpg

I find that a shimmery/glittery shadow tends to accent the wrinkles on my lids. I wear it anyway, but a matte color is really better.

Cannot STAND foundation.....It makes me feel as though my skin is smothered, I don't care how "light" they say it is.

L'Oreal true match blush is what I use.

My daughter also recommended Burt's Bees lip tint. LOVE it. Yes....You must reapply more often, but my lips are velvety soft all the time....You know, for all that KISSING I don't get. :|

And finally, my brows....UGH. When I lost Melody, I also lost a lot of hair. My brows never did fully recover. I find a pencil to be too harsh for me, so I use NYX cake powder..."for those movie star brows"... w.e. L'Oreal used to make Revitalist (same sorta product), but no longer make that. I used it because it looks more natural than a pencil.

God help me when I lose weight....my face will be one big wrinkle!!! :eyebat:

Diva
Where does one find the NYX product?? :rrose:

moxie 03-13-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 300437)
I'm finding the older I get, the less make-up I wear. I don't care for the harsh black ~ it's too much for me ~ and I DO look like a raccoon whether it drifts or not! lol So I wear a brown~black L'Oreal mascara that my daughter recommended. This one:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...genMascara.jpg

I find that a shimmery/glittery shadow tends to accent the wrinkles on my lids. I wear it anyway, but a matte color is really better.

Cannot STAND foundation.....It makes me feel as though my skin is smothered, I don't care how "light" they say it is.

L'Oreal true match blush is what I use.

My daughter also recommended Burt's Bees lip tint. LOVE it. Yes....You must reapply more often, but my lips are velvety soft all the time....You know, for all that KISSING I don't get. :|

And finally, my brows....UGH. When I lost Melody, I also lost a lot of hair. My brows never did fully recover. I find a pencil to be too harsh for me, so I use NYX cake powder..."for those movie star brows"... w.e. L'Oreal used to make Revitalist (same sorta product), but no longer make that. I used it because it looks more natural than a pencil.

God help me when I lose weight....my face will be one big wrinkle!!! :eyebat:

Diva,

I have to wear brown or brown/black mascara too because my lashes are long and strawberry blond and the black looks unrealistic on me. You talked about raccoon eyes, my problem is raccoon eyes and flaking. I have tried cheap and expensive mascara and still haven't found one I like and will stay all day. Do you have any flaking problems with this, and is it waterproof?

I used to use Bare Minerals foundation for a long time but I decided it makes me look washed out and me using the Warmth to counteract that is hilarious, so I switched to Smashbox Halo powder. It is a solid powder that has a grinder/grater on it so you get the amount of powder you want every time and don't have to worry about it spilling all over the place. I like it alright, still not the greatest. I liked the coverage I got when I used Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation but I stopped because when it got warm out it ran off my face. Yuck.

Needless to say, I am always on the hunt for a good foundation for combination, pale skin and a good mascara. Sephora should be paying me.

Invictus 03-13-2011 05:44 PM

Ladies,

For all you do....thank you

moxie 03-13-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 300628)
Diva

You can get it at Ulta. You can get it at the store or buy it online.

Miss Scarlett 03-13-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puregrrl (Post 300657)

Diva,

I have to wear brown or brown/black mascara too because my lashes are long and strawberry blond and the black looks unrealistic on me. You talked about raccoon eyes, my problem is raccoon eyes and flaking. I have tried cheap and expensive mascara and still haven't found one I like and will stay all day. Do you have any flaking problems with this, and is it waterproof?

I used to use Bare Minerals foundation for a long time but I decided it makes me look washed out and me using the Warmth to counteract that is hilarious, so I switched to Smashbox Halo powder. It is a solid powder that has a grinder/grater on it so you get the amount of powder you want every time and don't have to worry about it spilling all over the place. I like it alright, still not the greatest. I liked the coverage I got when I used Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation but I stopped because when it got warm out it ran off my face. Yuck.

Needless to say, I am always on the hunt for a good foundation for combination, pale skin and a good mascara. Sephora should be paying me.

I know exactly what you mean about having to change foundation. That's how I ended up with my current make-up. I dearly miss Max Factor...used to use their pancake and panstick. They also had a wonderful 24 hour/waterproof foundation.

L'Oreal double extend mascara is the only one I have found that does not leave me with the raccoon look. It's not waterproof but it doesn't run either. It's the one that makes the little tube thingys on your lashes. I don't know about being able to find it in brown or brown/black though.

http://allwomenstalk.com/wp-content/thumbs/64191.jpg

PumaJ 03-14-2011 02:01 AM

Fine lines? What's fine about them?

Kayso, finally, I am loosing the very significant amount of weight I put on after I quit smoking 8 yrs. ago and began eating, too much, too often!

Diva, you so called it regarding what happens to one's face when the pounds go:sigh:

Anyway, I appreciate the info about the Olay product. I've been using a couple of products in L'oreal's RevitaLift line. I think they are helpful. I guess overall, I've either been doing something right all along, or I just am fortunate in the genes department because no one believes me when I tell them how old I am going to be on my birthday in 2.5 months.

Infact, last night I went out with my daughter (33 y.o.) and a mutual friend to see the show Stomp, then to dinner. At the restaurant, a couple of folks thought my daughter and I were sisters. I think they need new glasses, LOL. Still...that was kind of nice to hear.

:blueheels:

Diva 03-14-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 300628)
Diva

Ulta is where I got it. I was so happy!

My mascara doesn't flake....someone asked about that earlier. I think it's waterproof, too. :|

One thing I forgot to mention that I use ~ at the end of my day when I've washed my face ~ is Olay Definity. It's not greasy feeling and I've come to even use it after my morning shower, too, because of that AND it has a little glisten to it which I find lovely.

All in all.....I'm of the thinking that I'm 58. I'm aging. My face and hands are going to wrinkle. I embrace it, but I'm not gonna let those wrinkles walk all over me without giving them a run for their (my) money! :eyebat:

There is a woman who lives across the street from me who is probably in her upper 80's.......her hair is white and her face is one big wrinkle.....but I find her to be one of the loveliest women I've ever seen.

girl_dee 03-14-2011 07:25 AM

Any other Mary Kay fans out there? I don't wear foundation or much make up at all actually but their mascara and concealers are great.

Love the satin hands for silky smooth hands too!

blush 03-14-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy_girl (Post 300954)
Any other Mary Kay fans out there? I don't wear foundation or much make up at all actually but their mascara and concealers are great.

Love the satin hands for silky smooth hands too!

I used to use their satin hands stuff. I liked it. They also had this wonderful powder that had just a touch of glitter.

Domestic Diva 03-15-2011 04:43 PM

I would have to say that lipstick is my obsession...deep reds and shimmery browns...Revlon came out with a color stay gloss...they only have a few shades out now but god I am in love with them, they are part of the mineral collection...I can spend hours in the makeup isle much to hys dismay....oh well it takes time and money to look good!:hangloose:

Miss Scarlett 03-17-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domestic Diva (Post 301921)
oh well it takes time and money to look good!

Yes it does and we are so worth waiting it!

Miss Scarlett 03-17-2011 04:20 AM

Looking for a good, lasting and preferably fast drying base and or top coat.

Have not been using a base coat...thought there was one out there that was "sticky" so nail colour would "cling" to it...or was I dreaming?

I've been using "Faster" top coat by Rimmel but it seems to be chipping.
:4femme:

Nightshade 03-18-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett (Post 302828)
Looking for a good, lasting and preferably fast drying base and or top coat.

Have not been using a base coat...thought there was one out there that was "sticky" so nail colour would "cling" to it...or was I dreaming?

I've been using "Faster" top coat by Rimmel but it seems to be chipping.
:4femme:

I have fallen in love with Seche Vite base coat and fast drying top coat! The shine is amazing and my home manicure is going on day 8 with one minor chip on my index finger (which I use a LOT as a tool for stuff).

I got mine at Sally's but I hear some of the drug stores are carrying it too.

I too was looking for a sticky base coat, but no more. The polish I used with it is China Glaze. Not sure how much that contributed to the longevity.

Spirit Dancer 03-25-2011 08:57 PM

The new Maybelline super stay 24hr is
WONDERFUL
No flaking, stays on and comes in a huge variety of colors.:hangloose:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domestic Diva (Post 301921)
I would have to say that lipstick is my obsession...deep reds and shimmery browns...Revlon came out with a color stay gloss...they only have a few shades out now but god I am in love with them, they are part of the mineral collection...I can spend hours in the makeup isle much to hys dismay....oh well it takes time and money to look good!:hangloose:

Miss Scarlett 03-25-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer (Post 308066)
The new Maybelline super stay 24hr is
WONDERFUL
No flaking, stays on and comes in a huge variety of colors.:hangloose:

I've got some of that and it's much better than the stuff that came out several years ago.

PumaJ 04-19-2011 01:56 PM

Oh la la!

Okay, my beautiful Femme sisters! I have been using a new face makeup product that rocks. It is by L'ORÉAL called MAGICSMOOTH Soufflé, makeup/fond de teint. It is part of the L'ORÉAL Studio Secrets line.

I love this makeup. It gives beautifully smooth and long lasting coverage. I especially like that I don't need to use powder over it. I watched several reviews before I spent my money on the product. Most of the reviews were very, very favorable. Below you'll find a nice comparison between the L'ORÉAL and a Maybelline product. The product is a bit more expensive than some others I've tried, but I think the product is worth the price. I do not use a makeup brush to apply the product. I use my fingers after I've washed my hands.

I've also been using a new mascara by L'ORÉAL called, Double Extend. I like this product a lot, as well.

BTW, thanks to those of you who recommended Olay's Regenerist line.

Apocalipstic 04-19-2011 02:44 PM

I love Stila Lip Glaze in Mayberry

Bare Minerals original in Fairly Light

CO Bigelow lip balm in Vintage Rouge Mint

DiorShow waterproof mascara in black

Clinique All About Eyes Rich

Shu eyelash curler and fake eyelashed every now and then

Burt's Bees lip shimmer

Clinique eyeshadow

But I really want to hit Sephora for Spring colors........Who wants to go?

Sachita 04-19-2011 02:47 PM

I don't wear lipstick often but when I do Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour. Lancome eyeliner. Chanel gold nail polish on my toes for the summer.

Apocalipstic 04-19-2011 02:50 PM

Has anyone tried Nail Laquer?