Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Winter Olympics 2010 (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515)

Diva 02-17-2010 07:26 PM

I just saw Shaun White.....he'a amazing....and he's just a neat person.....

Soon 02-18-2010 10:51 PM

To quad or not to quad, that is the question.

Goofy 02-18-2010 11:00 PM

I just have to say that I've had the Canadian National Anthem stuck in my head for days...and I blame Linus. :D

Diva 02-18-2010 11:12 PM

I heart Johnny Wier....cute little gay boy.....Fallen Angel indeed...... :blueheels:

Soon 02-19-2010 08:40 PM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxja_gG-Tm0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Secret - Let Her Jump[/ame]

LetHerJump.Com <--facebook page/petition etc.

Andrew, Jr. 02-20-2010 07:35 AM

I was devistated when Johnny Wier didn't win. :overreaction: My brother was even moreso. :eek: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Daktari 02-20-2010 08:08 AM

We're so c**p at winter sports - well most sports really - that we've just won our first solo gold medal in 30yrs and the first women's solo gold since 1952.

Go Amy! :england:

crikey she'll be Dame Amy before you know it! :groucho:

Queerasfck 02-20-2010 10:18 AM

Can't post much. Watching curling.

Linus 02-22-2010 09:13 PM

So Canada/USA matchup for Womens Hockey on Thursday!!

GO, CANADA, GO!! :canada:

Cyclopea 02-22-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow (Post 53458)
YouTube- Secret - Let Her Jump

LetHerJump.Com <--facebook page/petition etc.

A Freakin' Men.
The world's record in long-jump (or ski-flying, as I like to call it) is held by a woman. The top athlete in the world, forbidden from competing due to the gender marker on her driver's license.
I can watch ten hours of a buncha weirdos brushing a bedpan around the ice with brooms, but I can't watch the most accomplished ski jumper in the world because she is a woman. WTF.
This may actually make me buy secret btw.

Goofy 02-22-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 55455)
So Canada/USA matchup for Womens Hockey on Thursday!!

GO, CANADA, GO!! :canada:

Keep dreaming pal! :jester:

Diva 02-22-2010 10:06 PM

Mhmm.....Canada went. :D

AtLast 02-22-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzeeTiger (Post 53828)
Can't post much. Watching curling.

I keep watching curling and continue to just not get it. Sort of reminds me of Shuffle Board only you sweep the little grainy stuff off instead of letting it help carry the puck (or whatever it is) ... Have no idea if this is even close...

Nina 02-23-2010 12:21 AM

I'm gonna learn how....well, I am thinking of learning...I hear there are some places around that teach it...I think what I find most appealing is that it is a sport in which a full range of people can participate...I like that idea...
and, since it has a broom I will feel fine to wear a cute apron over my dress...
and, I have lots of warm tights...so, the costume part is set for me !!
(winkey face)

Soon 02-25-2010 05:58 PM

Pic taken after USA beat Canada in men's hockey

Diva 02-25-2010 06:09 PM

Is it just me, or do there seem to be a lot of tantrums going on this time?

(Re: Russian skater, Netherlands speed skater, US downhill skier....)

That's unfortunate.....

Soon 02-25-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 57304)
Is it just me, or do there seem to be a lot of tantrums going on this time?

(Re: Russian skater, Netherlands speed skater, US downhill skier....)

That's unfortunate.....

Yep, some tantrum-y folks for sure!

Tonight: Women's Long Program--Figure Skating! :olympics::clap:

Hack 02-25-2010 06:11 PM

I still wanna luge.

Or drive a bobsled.

And I want to try curling. I think it's interesting.

Diva 02-25-2010 06:13 PM

I want to do that ski jump thing....and just fly, fly, fly.....

Can't You just see the Rubenesque Redhead on limegreen and/or purple skies....tiara in her hair......squealing all the way down???

Oh yeah, baby! <giggling>

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon 02-25-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 57311)
I want to do that ski jump thing....and just fly, fly, fly.....

Can't You just see the Rubenesque Redhead on limegreen and/or purple skies....tiara in her hair......squealing all the way down???

Oh yeah, baby! <giggling>

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it!

Maybe one day they will allow women to compete in this sport--considering a woman actually holds the title for the longest jump--on the very jump she is not allowed to compete on in the Olympics.

(love the image! tiara even!)

Linus 02-25-2010 08:12 PM

YAY! Canada beat the US in hockey (women's). Definitely was an awesome game and a heartbreaker for the US.

Softhearted 02-25-2010 08:14 PM

:nixon::canada: WOOOHOOO HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofy 02-25-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 57401)
YAY! Canada beat the US in hockey (women's). Definitely was an awesome game and a heartbreaker for the US.

I didn't get to see the whole game, but from what I did see, it looked like a good game. I can't say that I'm not a little bummed, but good job to the Canadian women!

I played in a hockey tournament sometime in '98. My coach and the other team's coach were both good friends with one of the women on the US team since they had grown up playing with/against each other. She showed up at the game with her gold medal from the games in Nagano. She had the biggest smile on her face as she spoke to both teams. It was pretty cool to see, and I'm sure the Canadian women are wearing that same grin tonight.

Gemme 02-25-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 57401)

So that means we're even, right?

Men's hockey - - - US
Women's hockey - - - Canada

:thumbsup:

Linus 02-25-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 57483)
So that means we're even, right?

Men's hockey - - - US
Women's hockey - - - Canada

:thumbsup:

Men's hockey hasn't played yet for medals (the Medal games will be on the 28th). And I expect it will be Canada. :)

Leigh 02-25-2010 10:49 PM

WOOOHOOO FOR CANADA we did it ............ we won the GOLD in women's hockey :)

I can honestly say that the American women played an amazing game, and gave us a run for our money ~ it was a well fought, hard battle but I have to say that BOTH teams deserve to be proud of what they did today :thumbsup:

:canada:

Goofy 02-25-2010 10:55 PM

I'm not huge on figure skating, and I don't know a triple lutz from a triple toe loop....

But how about the Canadian woman Joannie Rochette? Her mother passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. And here she is skating 4 days later to a bronze medal! Congrats for her! I can't imagine how difficult this must have been for her.

Gemme 02-25-2010 11:00 PM

I still like my good ole American boys 'n girls, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 57489)
Men's hockey hasn't played yet for medals (the Medal games will be on the 28th). And I expect it will be Canada. :)

HSIN told me this too. Phooey! They should have all (meaning all of the sports) played all of the prelim games to get here. No wonder it takes almost a month. :blink:

Leigh 02-25-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy
I'm not huge on figure skating, and I don't know a triple lutz from a triple toe loop....

But how about the Canadian woman Joannie Rochette? Her mother passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. And here she is skating 4 days later to a bronze medal! Congrats for her! I can't imagine how difficult this must have been for her.

I cried when Joannie skated her short program the other night, and I also cried tonight watching such an emotional performance tonight. What an amazing skater, having to deal with such a tragedy and yet turn it into a bronze medal ........... she did herself, her mom, her family AND especially Canada proud :watereyes:

I am SO damn proud to be Canadian right now :canada:

:cheer::thumbsup::clap::happyjump::cheerleader: :pile:

Goofy 02-25-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braedon (Post 57518)
I cried when Joannie skated her short program the other night, and I also cried tonight watching such an emotional performance tonight. What an amazing skater, having to deal with such a tragedy and yet turn it into a bronze medal ........... she did herself, her mom, her family AND especially Canada proud :watereyes:

I am SO damn proud to be Canadian right now :canada:

Watching the medal ceremony right now, and it's making me tear up. What a bittersweet moment for her! I'm not Canadian, but I'm unbelievably happy for her. I actually hoped that the US woman after her would not skate a better program.

Leigh 02-25-2010 11:26 PM

I definately teared up too Goofy. Its simply amazing to see such a wonderful young woman have to face such a horrible tragedy, and yet want to continue in the competition to do well (which I am sure that's what her mom would have wanted). She took the bronze medal, winning it for herself and her family as well as for the entire country! I don't think you need to be Canadian to feel proud of what she did, it was something that it beyond words to describe :)

paulpeter 02-26-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 20374)
My favorite events:

~Ice skating (solo & couples)

~US Hockey

~Luge

~Downhill skiing

~Speed skating

~Snowboarding (with that wild red-headed guy)

Oh that's really great my favourite is Downhill skiing any ways lets see the results from start to till now are given below..

Gold Silver Bronze Total
1. United States 8 12 12 32
2. Germany 8 11 7 26
3. Norway 7 6 6 19

This are top 3 countries...

Andrew, Jr. 02-26-2010 03:18 PM

I really have enjoyed watching the games so far. I cannot believe they are almost over. Every day was like a big thing to watch on TV. I just loved it.

Greyson 02-26-2010 10:44 PM

Go Canada!!!!

Canada plays Team USA this Sunday for the Gold in Men's Hockey. Great Game!!!!

AtLast 02-26-2010 10:54 PM

WOW about the women's figure skating finals! Breathtaking!

I'm thinking that in my next life, I want to be a pairs ice skater or ice dancer. Guess the Olympic Committe better start working on a queer category righ now!

Imagine...

Greyson 02-26-2010 11:20 PM

Is it Sunday yet?

:canada::usa:

Peach 02-27-2010 01:18 AM

We just got home from watching Canada win two gold medals in short track speed skating! amazing to be there, see it all happen, with the crowds cheering, it was deafening!

Diva 02-27-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 58137)
We just got home from watching Canada win two gold medals in short track speed skating! amazing to be there, see it all happen, with the crowds cheering, it was deafening!

Well just how cool is THAT!!!! What an amazing experience THAT must have been!!!!! :)

Rockinonahigh 02-27-2010 11:37 AM

Pole Danceing!?

I saw a comersal on tv that they may make pole daceing an olimpic event,it only came on once,did anyone else catch it?

Soon 02-28-2010 11:12 AM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqCJ75A0J54"]YouTube- Johnny Weir: That's Gay[/ame]