Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The News (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   RIP (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4126)

Vlasta 01-23-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 510905)
PS

I'm gonna shush now cause I feel really strong about child abusers and their enablers. Plus nothing anyone says will change my view of a POS.

:)

100% agree with you , I will not add fuel to the fire as I already see . I just say it's disgusting to me as well .

PaPa 01-23-2012 11:29 PM

Being from Happy Valley has gotten my blood boiling more than once on this case. If you believe everything from the media, then unfortunately our schools are not teaching enough. Without the facts people are making misinformed statements and flying off the handle and it still doesn't mean anything when tomorrow comes because none of this blabbering is changing the lives of the kids who were affected.

I know which side I stand on with this, but it does me no good to defend or crucify because ya know what? The kids lives are still altered whether you choose to argue this point or not.

As a side note...JoePa did report. The police dropped it!! They dropped the flippin' ball. The dead/missing DA even believed Sandusky was innocent. Of course if you knew all of the facts then you would have known a DA from here also turned up missing after the first allegation and his statement that he was cleared.

Second of all, the sick pervert Sandusky used his non-profit troubled kids agency as a way to find young boys and yes most of them were underprivileged or poor. I actually have friends in the Mental Health field who sent young troubled boys to that agency and you have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how much guilt those persons feel today to know these kids lives were already screwed up and they sent them into the possible hands of a monster. People are too busy looking to JoePa because of his name and status in the college, but guess what JoePa had a superior too. In case you forgot he was fired. He was the middleman, but yet his superiors are not taking this heat. His superiors Failed. Why are they not the targets of this crime as well? The higher ups in a university that I attended failed miserably. They failed the community, the college students and staff, and MOST importantly the children. RIP JoePa. Nobody knows the turmoil you lived and the communications you had with God before your time was done here on Earth. It's time for us to live in the solution not the problem. So RIP.

The_Lady_Snow 01-24-2012 08:19 AM

Thoughts

For every kid that was molested AFTER Paterno had the KNOWING makes him an accomplice and EVERYONE else that knew. They are just as guilty.. What's sad is football and it's reputable so called "leaders" are more sympathized than these kids are and that's what's gross to me...

Kobi 01-25-2012 07:19 AM

James Farentino 1938-2012

Actor James Farentino, who appeared in dozens of movies and television shows, died Tuesday in a Los Angeles hospital, according to a family spokesman. He was 73.

Farentino died of heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Hospital after a long illness, said the spokesman, Bob Palmer.

Among his many television appearances, Farentino guest-starred in 1964 with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., in the episode "Super-Star" of the CBS drama series, The Reporter, with Harry Guardino in the starring role of journalist Danny Taylor of the fictitious New York Globe newspaper. Early in 1967, he appeared in Barry Sullivan's NBC western series The Road West in the episode "Reap the Whirlwind".

In 1969, he starred opposite Patty Duke in the film Me, Natalie. Farentino was one of the lawyers in NBC TV series The Bold Ones (1969–1972) which also starred Burl Ives and Joseph Campanella. He made two appearances in the 1970s anthology television series Night Gallery, once with then wife Michele Lee ("Since Aunt Ada Came to Stay"), and secondly with actress Joanna Pettet ("The Girl With The Hungry Eyes"). In the 1970s, he appeared in an NBC Mystery Movie, Cool Million. In 1978, Farentino was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Comedy or Drama Special for his portrayal of Saint Peter in the mini-series, Jesus of Nazareth.

In 1980, Farentino starred in The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen. In the movie, the super carrier U.S.S. Nimitz (captained by Douglas) is sent back in time by a strange storm at sea to December 6, 1941 (the day before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor) The Captain must decide whether to use the force of the modern warship Nimitz to stop the attack or to allow history to proceed as "normal". Farentino appeared as "Frank Chaney" in the short-lived 1984 ABC series Blue Thunder, based on the 1983 film of the same name starring Roy Scheider. (The 11-episode series, which starred a then-unknown Dana Carvey, was released on DVD in August 2006.) In the late 1990s, he appeared as Doug Ross' estranged father, "Ray", on ER.

DapperButch 01-25-2012 05:36 PM

James Farentino

He was excellent in Jesus of Nazareth.

Kobi 01-25-2012 07:33 PM

Dick Tufeld - the "Danger, Will Robinson!" guy

Basking in the warmth of childhood memories on this one.

By Claire Noland, Los Angeles Times
January 25, 2012

Dick Tufeld, a longtime radio and TV announcer who intoned "Danger, Will Robinson!" as the voice of the Robot in the 1960s science-fiction TV series "Lost in Space," has died. He was 85.

Tufeld died Sunday at his home in Studio City while watching the NFL playoffs, his family said. He had heart disease and had been in declining health since sustaining a fall last year.

In "Lost in Space," producer Irwin Allen's futuristic retelling of the "Swiss Family Robinson" story that aired on CBS from 1965 to 1968, actor Bob May wore the Robot costume and Tufeld provided the voice.

Besides warning young Will Robinson of impending danger, Tufeld's Robot uttered other lines that became catchphrases for faithful viewers — including "That does not compute" — and needled the antagonistic Dr. Zachary Smith with barbs like "Dr. Smith is a bubble-headed booby."

Tufeld was the announcer for Allen's other TV shows, including "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" and "The Time Tunnel," and his narration and other voice-over work could be heard on an array of TV programs. He introduced many Walt Disney productions, notably the 1950s TV series "Zorro" and Disney's long-running prime-time anthology series.

His other TV credits from the '50s through the '90s included "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends," "The Fantastic Four," "The Gallant Men," "Surfside 6," "Annie Oakley" and variety shows starring Judy Garland and Julie Andrews.

Richard Norton Tufeld was born Dec. 11, 1926, in Los Angeles to Tanya and Bentley Tufeld and raised in Pasadena. He grew up entranced by the radio fiction of "The Shadow" and "The Green Hornet" and rehearsed his own play-by-play accounts of sporting events.

After studying speech at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., he returned to Los Angeles and began working in radio. Beginning in 1949 he was the announcer for ABC radio's "The Amazing Mr. Malone" and "Falstaff's Fables" before becoming the narrator for "Space Patrol," a science-fiction serial on radio.

"Space Patrol!" Tufeld cried out at the beginning of the show. "High adventure in the wild vast reaches of space ... missions of daring in the name of interplanetary justice. Travel into the future with Buzz Corry ... commander-in-chief of ... the Space Patrol!"

Tufeld also worked as a sports and news announcer for local TV and radio stations and narrated hundreds of commercials.

He returned as the voice of the Robot in the 1998 "Lost in Space" feature film. By 2004 he was still playing the Robot, for an episode of "The Simpsons."

Tufeld's wife of 56 years, Adrienne, died in 2004. He is survived by sons Bruce and Craig, daughters Lynn and Melissa, six grandchildren and a brother, Howard "Bud" Tufeld.

Kobi 01-27-2012 03:22 AM

Robert Hegyes 1951-2012

Robert Hegyes, one of the Sweathogs on the immortal New York high school comedy “Welcome Back, Kotter,” died Thursday after suffering apparent heart failure at his Metuchen, N.J., home.

On “Kotter,” Hegyes played Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein, a Puerto Rican Jew who was known for his tall hair, short stature, big mouth and large attitude.

His signatures on the show included a large red handkerchief in his rear pocket. He also wrote regular notes to the teacher, Gabe Kaplan’s Mr. Kotter, that asked he be excused from various activities, including his classes.

They were always signed, “Epstein’s Mother,” and when Kotter read them aloud, Epstein would mouth the words.

Born in Perth Amboy, N.J., Hegyes graduated from Metuchen High School and Glassboro State College, now Rowan University, before moving to New York to join a children’s acting company, Theater in a Trunk.

He auditioned for the Epstein role and landed it, playing alongside John Travolta’s Vinnie Barbarino, Ron Palillo’s Arnold Horshak and Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs’ Boom Boom Washington.

After “Kotter” he stayed in acting, guesting on shows like “NewsRadio,” “Drew Carey” and “Saturday Night Live.”

He became a regular as Detective Manny Epstein on “Cagney and Lacey.”

He always said his acting idol was Chico Marx, whom he would occasionally imitate on “Kotter,” and he played Chico in a stage production of “An Evening With Groucho.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz1keHGh46t

MsTinkerbelly 02-01-2012 08:51 AM

Love, peace and soooooooouuuuullllllll...from joemygod

Don Cornelius Commits Suicide

What a shocker. Soul Train creator Don Cornelius has apparently committed suicide at the age of 75. Here's what little is known so far.

"Soul Train" creator Don Cornelius was found dead at his Sherman Oaks on home Wednesday morning. Law enforcement sources said police arrived at Cornelius' home around 4 a.m. He apparently died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case was ongoing. The sources said there was no sign of foul play, but the Los Angeles Police Department was investigating.

SnackTime 02-01-2012 12:37 PM

Rest In Peace Don Cornelius!

I read a article on facebook, Jesse Jackson reported that he talked to Cornelius a few days ago and there were no signs of him being upset.

Gentle Tiger 02-01-2012 01:42 PM

Be at peace Mr. Cornelius. Thank you for everything you did! You paved the way for many and made it possible for me to see people who looked like me on television growing up.

Gentle Tiger 02-01-2012 02:43 PM

Rest in Peace Miss Camilla Williams

Camilla Williams, first black opera diva, dies at 92

Thank you for sharing your gift and paving the way for others.

MsTinkerbelly 02-01-2012 05:34 PM

Don Cornelius took 'Soul Train' on pioneering trip
Feb. 1, 2012, 3:28 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- In an era when Beyonce and Jay-Z are music royalty, when Barack Obama is the nation's chief executive and when black stars in the cast of a TV show are commonplace, it may be hard to grasp the magnitude of what Don Cornelius created once he got his "Soul Train" rolling.

Yes, the syndicated series delivered the music of Earth Wind & Fire, the Jacksons, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder into America's households, infusing them with soul in weekly doses. Yes, it gave viewers groovy dances and Afro-envy, helping get them hip to a funky world that many had never experienced, or maybe even suspected.

But it was more than that. Before BET would give African-Americans their own channel, and before black music and faces found their way to MTV videos as well as network dramas and comedies, "Soul Train" became a pioneering outlet for a culture whose access to television was strictly limited.

"Most of what we get credit for is people saying, 'I learned how to dance from watching "Soul Train" back in the day,'" Cornelius told Vibe magazine in 2006. "But what I take credit for is that there were no black television commercials to speak of before 'Soul Train.' There were few black faces in those ads before 'Soul Train.'

"And what I am most proud of," he added, "is that we made television history."

"Soul Train" (which went on for 35 seasons) didn't make history just by influencing the music charts. It served as a pop-culture preview and barometer of fashion, hairstyles and urban patois.

By some measure, "Soul Train" was the equivalent of Dick Clark's "American Bandstand," although belatedly. Arriving on the wave of the Civil Rights Era, it premiered 13 years after "Bandstand" went national, then took a while longer to attract local stations to air it and advertisers to support it.

From there, it became a Saturday afternoon ritual as soul and rap artists (and white artists, too, including Elton John and David Bowie) showed off their latest releases while kids responded on the dance floor.

"When you come up with a good idea, you don't have to do a whole lot," Cornelius told The New York Times in 1996 in describing his show's formula. "The idea does it for you."

On "Soul Train" ("the hippest trip in America," the announcer proclaimed, "across the tracks of your mind") the host, of course, was Cornelius, but to describe him as the black Dick Clark is somewhat misleading. (A bit like calling Pat Boone the white Little Richard, as David Bianculli noted in his "Dictionary of Teleliteracy.")

For Cornelius, the difference was all in the execution, as he told The Associated Press in 1995.

"If I saw 'American Bandstand' and I saw dancing and I knew black kids can dance better; and I saw white artists and I knew black artists make better music; and if I saw a white host and I knew a black host could project a hipper line of speech — and I DID know all these things," then it was reasonable to try, he said.

On his show, Cornelius was the epitome of cool, with a baritone rumble that recalled seductive soul maestro Barry White, and an unflappable manner.

He laced his show with pro-social messages directed at his black audience.

On a 1974 program, he interviewed James Brown about the tragedy of violence in black communities ("black-on-black crime looks very bad in the sight of The Man," Brown said sorrowfully). Then he brought on a 19-year-old Al Sharpton, already a civil rights activist, who presented Brown with an award for his music.

But Cornelius never let preaching get in the way of "Soul Train"'s hipness — or of his own.

Standing by Mary Wilson of the Supremes on another edition, he displayed a slim black suit that flared into bellbottoms, a gray shirt with white polka dots and a huge afro.

"What do you do for kicks?" he asked Wilson, who mentioned bowling as one hobby, but said how much she wanted to dance with Cornelius on "Soul Train."

"You can dance with me," Cornelius replied. "But not on television."

The_Lady_Snow 02-11-2012 07:41 PM

Another one gone way to soon

First Don, now you.... You are phenomenal woman, and you will be missed...

DapperButch 02-11-2012 07:43 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...-dies-15565063

Was just looking for this thread to post the above, when I saw Snow's post.

She had an amazing voice. I really feel saddened by this.

LeftWriteFemme 02-11-2012 07:48 PM

Addiction is no respecter of persons it takes the great and unknown alike, but I have to say I had hoped it would be different for her. I am so sorry she is gone.

Gentle Tiger 02-11-2012 07:56 PM

I am just now seeing this! And for several reasons this hits hard! I can't believe this. This has to be incorrect. It can't be right.

May you finally know real peace Whitney.(f)

princessbelle 02-11-2012 07:58 PM

R.I.P. Whitney

It's really just so hard to believe.

She was just beautiful in so many, many ways.

The world will miss her. She was just magical.

always2late 02-11-2012 08:01 PM

I am so shocked and saddened. What an amazing voice and incredible talent. RIP Whitney.

girl_dee 02-11-2012 08:04 PM

She will always be a DIVA and much more.