Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Grandchildren- That Special Bond (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4097)

StoicStone 06-17-2017 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soft*Silver (Post 1149624)
if you are a grand parent, what do your GC call you?

My oldest grandson calls me Grams, the other older grandchildren call me Grandma, but the two youngest call me Memaw. (The 3 yr old is still having trouble pronouncing his "G" blends, and the 8 yr old liked the sound of it so she started calling me that as well lol)

Gayandgray 06-18-2017 02:21 PM

My spouse's grandkids all call her Mom-Mom and me Aunt.

*Anya* 06-18-2017 04:01 PM

I have 5 grandkids.

My oldest lives back east with her hubby and 4 kids.

Her children call me Grandma Anya (insert real name here) and their other Grandmom is Grandma Joan. She lives near my daughter and son-in-law. My daughter is very close to her. I feel a little jealous sometimes but in the end, I am glad that she has the help and support close by.

My youngest and her daughter live close to her ex-hubby. This granddaughter calls me grandma and sometimes, grandmom. I was with my youngest and her husband in the delivery room. I cried more than the baby.

Hell, in my labor and delivery rotation in nursing school, I cried at the delivery of total strangers. I think it is one of the most profound and touching experiences possible to have.

I wish that I had been able to be retired when the girls had their babies so I could have spent more time with all of them. The youngest is 7 now and the oldest is 15.

VintageFemme 08-29-2017 05:04 AM

I have one beautiful and brilliant two year old grandson from my only child, and he calls me Mina.

Canela 09-01-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soft*Silver (Post 1149624)
if you are a grand parent, what do your GC call you?

My babies all call me Gramma, sometimes Nana...I'm over the moon when they do!
It's the best thing in the world to me!❤❤❤

Canela 09-02-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayandgray (Post 1150027)
My spouse's grandkids all call her Mom-Mom and me Aunt.

That's what my g-babies call me when they first start talking, Mom-Mom. (My daughter gifted me with a bracelet that says that.)

I❤❤❤being a Gramma.

Congratulations to all the grandparents here! What a huge blessing!

homoe 09-02-2017 10:01 AM

Speaking of Grandchildren and Grandparents.......Sunday, September 10 is National Grandparents Day.

Canela 09-02-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1166868)
Speaking of Grandchildren and Grandparents.......Sunday, September 10 is National Grandparents Day.

Yay! Thanks for reminding us Homoe, one more lovely thing to celebrate this month, besides first day of school for 2 of mine this year...

:moonstars: