Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   How many hours of sleep did you get last night? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8277)

GeorgiaMa'am 01-01-2020 06:10 PM

8 hours of fair sleep. I woke up about 3 times, but always managed to get back to sleep. According to my fitbit, I was mostly in REM sleep, not much in deep sleep - that's why the score of "fair", I guess.

Kätzchen 03-08-2020 10:11 AM

I bought a new pillow yesterday at Target, the alternative feather pillow kind, with protective covering around it.

I slept so good that I didn't get up once.

I even turned my clocks forward one hour, earlier in the day yesterday, so even the time change did not affect me much. But having the new pillow to cradle my head just right? Just that alone, improved my sleep exponentially.

I slept more than 8 hours and I woke up feeling refreshed. :cheer:

theoddz 03-08-2020 10:40 AM

I've never really had trouble sleeping and Mother used to always say that my sister and I were "good sleepers" as children. I'm at my best with 8-9 hours of solid sleep. If I get less than about 7, I'm draggy and cranky.

Since I retired, I seem to always get a complete, good night's sleep. I go to bed between 11 pm and 12 am and am usually up by 8 am. Last night was no exception. I got 9 hours, despite the time change!!! :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

GeorgiaMa'am 03-08-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kätzchen (Post 1263116)
I bought a new pillow yesterday at Target, the alternative feather pillow kind, with protective covering around it.

I slept so good that I didn't get up once.

I even turned my clocks forward one hour, earlier in the day yesterday, so even the time change did not affect me much. But having the new pillow to cradle my head just right? Just that alone, improved my sleep exponentially.

I slept more than 8 hours and I woke up feeling refreshed. :cheer:

The right pillow can make all the difference!

JDeere 03-08-2020 02:48 PM

13.5 hours, yes I slept for 13.5 hours...

I know how the time change affects me so I take matter into my own hands!

Kätzchen 07-26-2020 09:24 AM

I am on a stay-cation and I have had two nights of uninterrupted sleep. 8.5 hours last night. And almost 9 hours night before last.

Feels heavenly to have enough rest and to wake up spontaneously, refreshed for another day. :stillheart:

:hk20:

FireSignFemme 07-27-2020 08:07 PM

It's amazing what a difference a good night sleep can make isn't it? I got a solid 7 hours straight and feel like a million bucks.

Gemme 07-28-2020 10:16 PM

Not enough lately. I got about 3.5 hours last night and 4 or so the night before and I'm a 7.5-8 hour kind of girl. Tomorrow's not looking good if anyone wants me to actually be nice.

easygoingfemme 07-29-2020 06:44 AM

9. Heat exhaustion is no joke.

Bèsame* 07-29-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1272210)
9. Heat exhaustion is no joke.

Oh sooo true....

Stay hydrated!!

Gemme 07-31-2020 12:25 AM

Last night was wonderful. I got about 7.5 hours of sleep. Tonight will be somewhere around 4 hour mark. No bueno.

C0LLETTE 07-31-2020 12:00 PM

Who knows.

Between the time I lay down my weary head and the time i jumped up to finally avoid and end yet another miserable dark early morning memory/thought, I've no idea how many cumulative moments of "restful" sleep I got.

Gemme 08-01-2020 03:48 PM

Last night was better...around 6.5 hours. Tonight I hope to get a full night's sleep.

And to stop having space dreams.

They are just weird, even for me.

Blade 08-13-2020 02:00 PM

Oh I don't know. Since I have been home for almost 4 months I fall asleep when I do. I wake up during the night and stay awake a few hours then fall back asleep for a few hours. I'd say 7 or 8 off and on

GeorgiaMa'am 08-13-2020 06:40 PM

About 8 hours. I used to get more, but since the baseball season started, I have been staying up late to watch. Oh well, now longer naps in the afternoons make up for it!

cutegrrl 08-14-2020 12:08 PM

6 hrs. I went to bed later than I wanted to. I hope to get 8/9 hrs. tonight.

Orema 09-18-2020 03:58 AM

6 hours. That’s my usual these days.

Taking 10 mg of melatonin most nights. That helps me from not waking up so many times. No longer need the canna-butter/edibles to help me sleep.

Maybe I’ll make some cookies or brownies on my next no-diet day.

:bow:

PlatinumPearl 09-18-2020 07:40 AM

Sleep...

7 Hours but my goal is to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep to allow my body more time to rest, recover and heal from the days events.

Kätzchen 10-10-2020 03:48 PM

I have been using my ResMed CPAP with pillows for the past five nights. I have been sleeping through the night without having to get up to go potty or get a sip of water or anything. Over the past few days, I've gotten near-perfect scores for sleeping health. The sleep study found that I was having breathing incidents (not snoring, it's an airway block of sorts) before I began to use the ResMed Ladies CPAP machine with pillows for your nose... probably around ten per hour. Since five days ago, I now have less than .6 incidents per hour. Which is fantastic. I forgot what it was like to sleep an entire sleep cycle without getting up for x, y or z. I have slept wonderfully, since last Friday.

Last night, I logged 9.20 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I feel better and better each day that goes by.

Kelt 10-10-2020 04:19 PM

I’ve spent the last decade trying to sort out sleep. I’ve gone through all the sleep hygiene steps that I have found plus dietary changes and all sorts of sleep meds. I’ve also spent several years using a sleep tracker on my phone so I could see that all of the changes made no difference whatsoever. Stuck at 5 to 6 hours per night of fitful sleep seemingly forever.

I think I may have found the magic combination and I’m now getting 7-7.5 hours of sleep per night and much better quality. What did I do?

1. Stopped taking a prescribed anti-anxiety med that I have been on for 25 years, that helped the brainspin I would get whenever I woke up. It wasn’t fun to withdraw from especially during a pandemic lockdown, but worth it.
2. The biggest I think has been changing how I take magnesium supplements, it used to just be whatever was in my multivitamin and now I use a powder that you stir into water an hour before bed. That seems to keep me asleep at a deeper level and has the bonus of me being noticeably calmer during the day. It’s called “Calm” and is better than the Xanax was for me.
3. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been experimenting with some CBD oil in a reach for deeper sleep and it is definitely helping. The jury is still out as to whether or not I will continue using it, interesting to try.

At this point I’m very happy to get restful sleep for the first time in memory. Finally.