Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbie Introductions (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Newbies! Introduce yourself here! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5891)

Liam 02-02-2017 07:52 PM

Hey Apollo and Steele!

ClintB 04-08-2017 08:16 PM

Hello from Clint

Hello all! I've read the forums here from time to time, now am choosing to start posting as it think I have need for greater community, resources, perspectives.

A little about me... I'm not really sure where I fit in, but I'm seen as soft butch maybe in the queer community and frequently mistaken for male in the straight community (especially if the interaction is quick) I am also starting to use the term gender queer, though I feel the need to hang onto female/she/hers. I prefer female pronouns, but am not uncomfortable, even feel a bit validated, when misgendered.

So I'm here to help myself better understand me, become more comfortable with who I am.

Other than that I am a traveling medical professional. I'm getting tired of the road though, and I want to settle down and have a family someday. Currently casually dating but hyper focused on one sweet woman, who likes me for me.

Other than that, I like hunting and fishing, and am obsessed beyond measure with my Jeep Wrangler (if anyone here offroads... hit me up!)

Chad 04-08-2017 09:26 PM

Welcome ClintB, you have arrived at a very accepting and supportive community. Have fun.

Chad

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClintB (Post 1137315)
Hello all! I've read the forums here from time to time, now am choosing to start posting as it think I have need for greater community, resources, perspectives.

A little about me... I'm not really sure where I fit in, but I'm seen as soft butch maybe in the queer community and frequently mistaken for male in the straight community (especially if the interaction is quick) I am also starting to use the term gender queer, though I feel the need to hang onto female/she/hers. I prefer female pronouns, but am not uncomfortable, even feel a bit validated, when misgendered.

So I'm here to help myself better understand me, become more comfortable with who I am.

Other than that I am a traveling medical professional. I'm getting tired of the road though, and I want to settle down and have a family someday. Currently casually dating but hyper focused on one sweet woman, who likes me for me.

Other than that, I like hunting and fishing, and am obsessed beyond measure with my Jeep Wrangler (if anyone here offroads... hit me up!)

NavyButch 04-18-2017 04:35 AM

Hello to everyone

Hello to everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Not quite sure what to say, so I will just say Hi and say I hope to find an extended family here to feel part of. I have read the threads? and think this looks like a good spot to come ashore. I guess one thing I could share is that I am retired-Navy and still serve in the Naval Reserve.

Thank you - Navy

*Anya* 04-18-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyButch (Post 1139051)
Hello to everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Not quite sure what to say, so I will just say Hi and say I hope to find an extended family here to feel part of. I have read the threads? and think this looks like a good spot to come ashore. I guess one thing I could share is that I am retired-Navy and still serve in the Naval Reserve.

Thank you - Navy

Hi Navy!

We are so glad to have you here!

Welcome aboard!

NavyButch 04-18-2017 07:30 AM

Hi Anya-

Thank you :)
Navy

Gayandgray 04-18-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Hello to everyone,

Thank you - Navy

Hello and welcome!!!

Shystonefem 04-18-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Hello to everyone,

Thank you - Navy

Welcome Navy!

Bel 04-20-2017 12:54 PM

Greetings!

Hello, hello! I was slightly more of a lurker in 2012, but then dropped off the map. Everyone I've met around here has been so very welcoming. Thank you!

Still learning the social culture of the forums...
What I'd like to say is that I run a bi+/bi/bisexual empowerment project and if you identify within the bi+ spectrum, you and me should speak immediately!
: )

That said, i identify primarily as a feminist above all else, and as queer. My life is creative, independent, messy, delightful, curiously living for more life.

Bel

Shystonefem 04-20-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bel (Post 1139420)
Hello, hello! I was slightly more of a lurker in 2012, but then dropped off the map. Everyone I've met around here has been so very welcoming. Thank you!

Still learning the social culture of the forums...
What I'd like to say is that I run a bi+/bi/bisexual empowerment project and if you identify within the bi+ spectrum, you and me should speak immediately!
: )

That said, i identify primarily as a feminist above all else, and as queer. My life is creative, independent, messy, delightful, curiously living for more life.

Bel

Welcome Bel

girl_dee 04-20-2017 05:17 PM

Welcome to all the new folks!

Don't forget we have chat and the crowd gathers whenever but mostly at night about 8pm EST........

Kätzchen 05-08-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClintB (Post 1137315)

Welcome to the community, Clint.

I've been reading your posts out in forum threads and it looks like you're finding your way around the forums. And, if Dapper doesn't mind me saying so, I think you'll get some great objective advice from Dapper, as well as other butch and femme members in our community.

Best wishes,

Kätzchen :rrose:

Soft*Silver 05-08-2017 07:25 PM

welcome to all the new ones! I am so glad to have met Navy on the threads already! And Bel, I am an ardant feminist as well!I have a degree in Women's Studies from the 1980s! Peak of wave 2! And Clint, my husband and I are jeepers. I have a Liberty and he has a wrangler! I wave to everyone else!!!

stonebutchjack 05-09-2017 05:00 PM

Yo,

I'm Jack and I'm new to this site. I'm in my late 20's and I'm here to met other butch lesbians like me and maybe some cute femmes along the way. I'm mostly here just to feel a sense of community because I don't really have one where I am and would love to meet others like me.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Peace.

girl_dee 05-09-2017 07:00 PM

Welcome Jack.........

girlin2une 05-09-2017 07:04 PM

Welcome Jack! You might find that you are on the younger end of many groups, but hey... that is a thrill for lots of people....
I, myself am a femme....early 40's, but look very young and have 2 young children that help keep me that way.
Enjoy your time here. Be yourself and have fun!

JDeere 05-09-2017 07:09 PM

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Contradictor 05-09-2017 07:13 PM

Hello, It's me ;)

Hello all :)

Tell us about yourself

I'm early thirties.

I'm a little confused about how I identify. I look femme but I don't feel it. I don't really mind about this, it isn't a problem to me but I sort of wish it wasn't the case if that makes sense.

What are your hobbies
I'm a student at the moment but I finish soon (YAY).

I love animals and nature. I like being outside. Trouble is It's always freezing here!

I have three rescue dogs.
I powerlifted and loved it but got a nasty injury so can't do it any longer. I run now as often as I can.

I'm not out to family. I've tried, but it wasn't received well and It's since been supposedly forgotten about. I love my family and wish it was different.

What excites you?
Nature, knowledge, humour... Also pjamas, lazy days in the sun, and wine (I'm a bit sad like that)!
Where are you in this big bold world?
UK
What brought you here?

I like being online which is lucky as a lot of my work involves it, and find it fun and relaxing to chat to people be it about daft things or serious ones :)

Liam 05-09-2017 07:25 PM

Welcome to the Planet Jack and Contradictor!

Contradictor 05-09-2017 08:14 PM

Thank you for the welcome, glad to be here :)