Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are You Ready For Some Football? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

UofMfan 03-20-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queerasfck (Post 550146)
I just read one of my morning sports blogs that predicted Tebow ends up in New England to reunite him with the coach that drafted him Josh McDaniels. We'll see.

That would make me very happy. I'll keep an eye on that.

justkim 03-20-2012 08:08 AM

95 million?
They really are talking Peyton and his wife up...
They do a great deal of charity work, lets see if they give back some of that hefty sum...

UofMfan 03-20-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justkim (Post 550175)
95 million?
They do a great deal of charity work, lets see if they give back some of that hefty sum...

No wonder he picked Denver!

Wow, that is just crazy.

MsDemeanor 03-20-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queerasfck (Post 550146)
I just read one of my morning sports blogs that predicted Tebow ends up in New England to reunite him with the coach that drafted him Josh McDaniels. We'll see.

No. Hell no. Fuck no. Fucking hell no. No fucking way fucking hell no.

The sports talking heads on TV are saying that the Broncos have a 'get out of this bad deal' clause where Manning has to pass a physical after the first season. They can dump him and only be out the $18M for 2012.

In the mean time, my condolences to the people of Colorado.

justkim 03-20-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justkim (Post 550175)
95 million?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 550178)
No wonder he picked Denver!

Wow, that is just crazy.

I was wrong...
96 million over 5 years...
:blink:

justkim 03-20-2012 12:43 PM

Here it is...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...07106027_n.jpg

UofMfan 03-20-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 550302)
No. Hell no. Fuck no. Fucking hell no. No fucking way fucking hell no.

The sports talking heads on TV are saying that the Broncos have a 'get out of this bad deal' clause where Manning has to pass a physical after the first season. They can dump him and only be out the $18M for 2012.

In the mean time, my condolences to the people of Colorado.

I know how you feel. But better you than me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justkim (Post 550303)
I was wrong...
96 million over 5 years...
:blink:

Yes, insane. The only part that makes sense is the dump him clause.

kannon 03-20-2012 03:12 PM

I thought I would share some Tebowie

Queerasfck 03-20-2012 03:56 PM

Takin' it to the streets

Occupy Miami Dolphins.

Toughy 03-20-2012 03:58 PM

I wonder what Tebow has been praying about lately?

UofMfan 03-20-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queerasfck (Post 550377)

My son and I were discussing this earlier today. I am not surprised, we are all appalled by the latest of many baffling decisions.

Queerasfck 03-21-2012 11:57 AM

Wow, what a day. Saints head coach Sean Payton banned for one year and other punishments. I think it's too harsh. You know and I know that the Saints are not the only ones who were doing the bounty thing. They got caught and the commish wants to make them the examples.

Tebow is traded to the Jets for a fourth round pick and a sixth round pick.
This move defies logic.

Hollylane 03-21-2012 12:08 PM

First, I'm glad Tebow is going to a team other than my team :)

Second, I read the article about NFL bounties, and I think they should all be punished equally. If it can be proven, this is deplorable and in my opinion, more than a bit evil.

Julien 03-21-2012 12:12 PM

What a sad day to be a Saint's fan. I don't know if the suspensions are too harsh or not, but I hope that other teams will be looked at for doing the same thing the Saint's got caught doing. It taints the Super Bowl run of 2009. I am a Saint's fan and am disappointed in Sean Payton and the Saint's organization for letting the bounty system get started in the first place. I am not surprised that Greg Williams got banned from the NFL. My question is what will happen to the players and how can the Saints rebound from their suspensions when they come down. 2012 is the year that the Super Bowl will be played in the New Orleans Superdome. Can the Saints even get there? The Saints need to sign Drew Brees soon so that something good can come from this season. Geaux Saints, bummer.:doh:

Queerasfck 03-21-2012 03:42 PM

Maybe God said no to the Tebow/Jets trade??

Poor Weatherboi. There's still a chance Tebow plays for his Jags.

UofMfan 03-21-2012 07:35 PM

Maybe he just wanted to make sure they wanted it bad enough.

Tebow Lands With Jets

Lady_Di 03-21-2012 07:45 PM

I am just happy that Tebow is not gonna be in Orange anymore. And because I am old school about it, for me... they will always be Orange Crush, no matter what they say we can call em!

girl_dee 03-21-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julien (Post 550893)
What a sad day to be a Saint's fan. I don't know if the suspensions are too harsh or not, but I hope that other teams will be looked at for doing the same thing the Saint's got caught doing. It taints the Super Bowl run of 2009. I am a Saint's fan and am disappointed in Sean Payton and the Saint's organization for letting the bounty system get started in the first place. I am not surprised that Greg Williams got banned from the NFL. My question is what will happen to the players and how can the Saints rebound from their suspensions when they come down. 2012 is the year that the Super Bowl will be played in the New Orleans Superdome. Can the Saints even get there? The Saints need to sign Drew Brees soon so that something good can come from this season. Geaux Saints, bummer.:doh:

This whole thing is breaking my heart and i wonder if the Saints were the only team investigated.

Queerasfck 03-21-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 551170)
This whole thing is breaking my heart and i wonder if the Saints were the only team investigated.

That's a really good question. I think the focus was on the Saints because someone gave the NFL offices the info. The "someone" is rumored to be ex Saint Jeremy Shockey. You may want to check out this article by Peter King of SI. It was written several weeks ago before the league handed out the punishments today.

Some interesting points here by King:

The league said there was an initial investigation, after the 2009 season, into a bounty system led by Williams that could not be corroborated. Then, Goodell said "significant and credible'' new information was forthcoming late in the 2011 season that led to the findings the league acted on Friday. Those conclusions found that Saints players were paid off-the-books incentives for some outstanding performances such as interceptions -- obviously in violation of the league's salary cap -- as well as $1,000 and $1,500 payments for injuring opposing players.

The league, led by director of investigative services Joe Hummel and chief league security officer Jeff Miller, discovered these violations:

• Players pooled their own money to fund the bounty club, and players were paid $1,500 if a foe was knocked out of the game, and $1,000 if an opponent was carted off the field.

• Between 22 and 27 players contributed to the bounty pool over a three-year period, with amounts guaranteed if a certain opposing player was knocked out of the game.

• Ex-Saints Coach Gregg Williams (now defensive coach for Rams) occasionally reached into his own pocket to contribute to the bounty pool.

The_Lady_Snow 03-21-2012 08:53 PM

FUCK

I just want to express how fucking HAPPY I am that TeBLOW did not end up in Jax!!!

That would of been the straw.....

:praying: