Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gender Discussions (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Gender Myths.... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5037)

Kenna 07-01-2012 10:12 AM

Myth (that baffles me) : all soft butches, bi, androgynous, switches, butches with more feminine traits than masculine, TG persons, butches who don't pack or strap, butches who are attracted to butches are somehow less than any other identity or strongly masculine person. I have seen soft butches or butches that are submissive and bi folks treated like they are " lower on the hierarchy "... this happens because of the myth they are less than and therefore aren't taken serious. It kills me to see this and see anyone on the LGBTQW spectrum " pushed out" if space and less respected.

Myth : femmes are not sissies nor are they less than. They do not do " sissy jobs" because they are feminine or less strong physically.

SimpleAlaskanBoy 07-01-2012 10:21 AM

That I'll want to have bottom surgery, and if I do I'll want to tell everyone about it, including those outside of our community. That I cannot be attracted to men, and if I am, it's because I am totally 100% gay, and not also attracted to women. That I can't enjoy Hello Kitty or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic because that totally takes away any cred I receive from passing and T. That I wear a binder all the time.
Love this thread.
~SAB

Corkey 07-01-2012 10:59 AM

Myth: All TG are going to take T and have SRS.

Guy 07-01-2012 12:15 PM

Yes, I do understand anyone can quote a post as a jumping off point, we all do it. What bothered me were the "facts" that proceeded.Usually we jump off other post to continue to make a statement, or to agree with.

Didn't seem like either to me.

QueenofSmirks 07-01-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze (Post 583635)
MYTH: That all butch'es are born with knowledge on how to fix cars, do home repairs, mason, carpentry, painters, plumbers, electricity, shocking fact. Not all. Some only know 3/4 of these expectancy.

I don't know if people actually think butches are BORN with this knowledge. However, that is what "house bois" are for *grin*

QueenofSmirks 07-01-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneOne (Post 583903)
adding Stone in there

I'm not trying to be a wiseass, but this was curious to me. Are you using the term stone as its own gender identity?

QueenofSmirks 07-01-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 583923)
Women aren't good at math.

I'm not, but I know plenty who are!! :)

boobookitty 07-01-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks (Post 609763)
I'm not trying to be a wiseass, but this was curious to me. Are you using the term stone as its own gender identity?

just sharing info,.... yes some use the term stone as a gender expression/identity, in and of itself.

Kenna 07-01-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet (Post 609667)
Myth (that baffles me) : all soft butches, bi, androgynous, switches, butches with more feminine traits than masculine, TG persons, butches who don't pack or strap, butches who are attracted to butches are somehow less than any other identity or strongly masculine person. I have seen soft butches or butches that are submissive and bi folks treated like they are " lower on the hierarchy "... this happens because of the myth they are less than and therefore aren't taken serious. It kills me to see this and see anyone on the LGBTQW spectrum " pushed out" if space and less respected.

Myth : femmes are not sissies nor are they less than. They do not do " sissy jobs" because they are feminine or less strong physically.

Woops I goofed on the last one... myth: femmes ARE SISSIES and they are less than because we are less strong physically. Myth : femmes do sissy jobs because we can't handle heavy manual labor.