Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   When you're down, what do you do to pick yourself up? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3946)

Gemme 05-30-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayandgray (Post 1146684)
I'm sort of going through this now. I'm very hormonal but the doctor says it is normal and I just have to deal with it.... I'm not actually depressed but I'm feeling kinda "blue". All the rain makes it even worse! LOL!! :jester::jester:
Guess I need to put on rubber duck boots and go play in a puddle???

You know, my rain galoshes are children's boots and I get compliments on them all the time and wearing them makes me happy...brings out my inner child, I think. I say go get yourself a fun, colorful pair of boots to do all that splashing in!

Kätzchen 06-01-2017 11:52 AM

Tina Turner (on auto extended replay)

Listen to Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It (Handbook Remix) by Handbook #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/handbook/tina...handbook-remix

akiza 06-02-2017 04:08 PM

oh the question! i don't know hum normally i hear music,let go and cry or try to have positives thoughts but most of the time i wait for the darkness to pass in private

Tuff Stuff 10-27-2017 07:17 AM

I think we all go through our down moments,its no big deal to cry when life has got you by the short and curlies,with a hundred pound weight on the ends.

Crying is a good thing.Knowing when and where is the big question.

I think the last time I cried was in February of this year.I was sick and scared for myself and my family.l felt better afterwards and thank the lord that I'm still here to enjoy life yet, and whatever she throws my way.

I like hugging when I feel down,too.

My favorite cat on my lap, farts,fur and all.

I try not to be alone if I'm feeling way down,flashbacks more than once have tried to kill me.

CherryWine 10-27-2017 06:32 PM

Whenever I'm feeling down or stressed, I try to spend some alone time with Mother Nature - even if it's just a 30 minute walk through the woods. It helps every time.

Long drives through the countryside help, too.

ksrainbow 10-27-2017 07:58 PM

I go for long walks near my home. It is a short destination, a few yards away. I have shared this comforting place for 35 yrs. There are pine trees, bushes and flowers. There are 3 small graveled roads that I have been walking and know each turn without looking. I have seen and heard how sacred this space is. I have come to know so many there.

When I take my walks there: I am overcome by how peaceful and soothing it is. I am honored to be walking with others who I truly know that I am there and I take a pause. Some I know very personally, some I have memories of. Some I do not know at all.

When I go for my long walks there...I do gaze downwards and say hello. Then I stop after my gaze and look up to the sky above and I give my gratitude and appreciation. My life has been blessed to walk in their honor and grace.

ks-

Gayandgray 10-27-2017 09:03 PM

Come on here and read all the posts....:hangloose:

C0LLETTE 10-27-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayandgray (Post 1177723)
Come on here and read all the posts....:hangloose:

I agree. I read some posts in here and they cheer me right the Hell up.

cathexis 10-28-2017 01:13 AM

Listen to music (jazz, new wave, classic rock). Especially Pink Floyd.

Also come online to read and post.

girl_dee 10-28-2017 05:01 AM

i usually distract myself- this place is a good one for that
talk to my Daddi
try to think of positive thoughts

Bèsame* 11-05-2017 04:27 PM

Turn the music up. Dance, sing. It's a great distraction.

Kätzchen 11-05-2017 04:32 PM

I focus on the things in life that bring me joy.....And I keep myself busy with activities to help me to not dwell too much on things in life that cause me to worry or feel down. Arts and crafts or reading a good book or hanging out with my BFF, helps a lot.

Kätzchen 08-10-2019 12:18 PM

I like to watch videos concerning things like how to make a Tiny House (one guy used Roosevelt Elk racks for door handles, etc) or how to make a Tiny Tent House over at the YouTube channel called:

Living Big In A Tiny House

:)

Tiny House (video)

Tiny Tent House(video)

Gráinne 08-10-2019 01:09 PM

I play Diana Ross's "I'm Coming Out" (not literally; she means taking control of her life and reinventing herself). Such a positive song.

~ocean 08-10-2019 09:52 PM

~

I get goofy with the dogs they always cheer me up.

easygoingfemme 08-11-2019 05:25 AM

Depends on how far down.

If it's a little... some good music, a bike ride, talking with a friend, helping someone who has more struggle than I do, make plans for something fun that makes me happy.

This year I've learned that sometimes it's so deep down I just have to sit with it and feel it.