Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singles Mingle (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   What Do You Miss? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3355)

LaneyDoll 06-08-2011 02:46 PM

What Do You Miss?

I was chatting with a friend today and asked her "what do you miss most about being with someone?"

I think that, for me anyway, I miss having someone to go home to, to go to bed with (and wake up beside)-to just share a life with.

I had an ex once who would rub lotion on my feet, knees and elbows while we watched a movie together. I miss that little gesture-I am bad to forget to "lotion." lol

It is the little things that I find myself missing.

So, I wanted to ask the same question here...

What things do you miss about being in a relationship?

Pixie 06-08-2011 05:55 PM

For me I miss...

Coming home to find notes written on the mirror
Showering with someone....my back is never cleaner!!! :D
Being able to be with them and not even leave the house

I miss that heat during the night that makes you kick off the covers just so you don't have to unsnuggle

pajama 06-08-2011 06:13 PM

Because I'm really shallow....I miss the great sex whenever. This may be enhanced at the moment since I have not had sex, good or bad, in quite a while.....for me.

And then with this one partner, I miss our love of foods. Often our vacations were built around restaurants. I haven't had a partner that shares my love of food for many years. I am lucky though that The Boy has it, so at least I can share. It's just not the same as with a partner obviously.

That's about it.....yep....I'm pretty shallow. :blink:

A

Kobi 06-08-2011 06:45 PM

I miss:

~ having someone to share the events of the day with
~ having someone to bounce decisions off of
~ having someone to call when I will be late
~ having someone who remembers all the things I forget

tapu 06-08-2011 06:54 PM

Cooked food.

Miss Scarlett 06-08-2011 07:09 PM

Being held in strong arms with my head on his chest or shoulder and falling asleep that way...

tapu 06-08-2011 07:10 PM

Matched socks.

hpychick 06-08-2011 07:12 PM

I miss being woken up in the middle of the night by my partner, making love and falling back asleep, fully sated.

dixie 06-08-2011 07:44 PM

I miss... cute little cards and random romantic gestures....and great sex. Can't forget great sex. :giggle:

tapu 06-08-2011 07:48 PM

Morning coffee. Just the way I like it.

gotoseagrl 06-08-2011 08:44 PM

my vd D ... badly.

DoReMiFemme 06-08-2011 08:45 PM

Aimless philosophical conversations that last until the small hours of the morning.

Morning breath.

Someone to make the bed for.

Hack 06-08-2011 08:55 PM

Watching her sleep.

The way she cocks her head and grins when she senses me sneaking up behind her in the kitchen, opening up her neck for a kiss.

Lying in bed on a Sunday with no plans.

tapu 06-09-2011 06:35 AM

Opening everything.

(?Now what all could that mean?)

Tommi 06-09-2011 07:49 AM

My old Sony, evern though the MacBook is faster.
Cool whip, cocoa? and banana'a

Witty zippy "isms."

Aural ping pong

photoshop creating

I miss my Mom too.

tapu 06-09-2011 01:46 PM

Having two dogs.

tapu 06-09-2011 01:49 PM

Having two cars.

tapu 06-09-2011 01:50 PM

Having two mama's around.

tapu 06-09-2011 01:50 PM

Ah. And having two incomes.

avec_amore 06-09-2011 02:20 PM

I miss...

Someone to cook for
Inside jokes
Spooning with someone (instead of the couch cushions : /)
Having a date to concerts (i'm going to Peter Gabriel alone next week...)
The smell of "hym" and "hys" things with my things in the closet and bath
*sigh*

Starrynightaw 06-16-2011 04:24 PM

That few moments before going to sleep when I was at complete relaxation and felt arms around me. Now it's a million pillows surrounding me like a fort. Still missing something...

wolfbittenpoet 06-16-2011 04:28 PM

Having someone to watch sleep all night besides the cat.
Having stripes all over my body under my shirt because they lose control.
Having a surprise 2 am snack watching the stars or old movies.
Knowing someone will worry if I don't call or show up somewhere.

foxyshaman 06-16-2011 04:41 PM

My map girl. She could get me anywhere. And her eggs benedict, we would have that on Sunday mornings, laying in bed watching Coronation Street. I hate coronation street now and have not touched eggs bene.

swan 06-19-2011 11:19 AM

I miss having someone to go places with. And someone to call and say "hey, I forgot the *blank* for dinner. Can you swing by and grab some on the way over?" I don't know that I miss it enough to have a partner right now though. But sometimes I do miss being part of an us instead of just me.

AtLast 06-19-2011 11:30 AM

I miss a trusted mind to make tough decisions with. I miss taking pride in our home together and sharing dreams.

I miss the serenity I found "knowing" we would age together sharing silly songs, fur-kids, good and bad cooking, road trips, making up after disagreeing. Hell, I miss diagreement.

I miss the heat of our passion and knowing we would accept each other's ways of aging with kindness.

I miss feeling whole and knowing the gifts of interdependence.

I know, however, that all that I miss is not worth travel down a path with the wrong person.

little_ms_sunshyne 06-19-2011 11:30 AM

I miss THE CITY and everything that comes with it...friends, family, noise, restaurants, and shopping!

swan 06-19-2011 11:24 PM

I was getting into the shower tonight and realized that I really miss having someone to brush my hair for me. Maybe that could be a fundraiser at the Reunion. Some nice Butch could raffle themselves off to brush someone's hair for a while.... I'd bid on that.

*Anya* 06-24-2011 10:14 AM

I miss...

Coffee ready when I wake up; warm cup of soup when I am ill; sex whenever and always (although I have learned a lot about my own sexual pleasure than I did when coupled for so long); the strong arms to hold me to give me inner strength when times are hard; when I see a funny movie or laugh at The Big Bang Theory but I am laughing alone-oh gosh getting maudlin here. I do not want to remain single forever but am not desperate or needy. I am comfortable in my skin with myself but want to have someone to share my skin.

*Anya* 06-24-2011 10:17 AM

Aww, I can relate! You know femmes would be happy to brush your hair too..

tapu 06-24-2011 10:18 AM

small talk about big stuff

ScandalAndy 06-24-2011 11:39 AM

being held until i fall asleep

cooking an amazing brunch and having someone to sit outside with me and enjoy it

swan 06-24-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia (Post 364639)
Aww, I can relate! You know femmes would be happy to brush your hair too..

True! Very true... I'm laughing at myself because the weather's turned HOT and the humidity is rising so I've got mad curls again. I was just thinking to myself (again) "That's it, THIS is the summer I'm going to shave my head!"

I say that every summer around this time of year.(w)

Delish 06-24-2011 12:02 PM

I miss................................

basically part of everything listed. Too bad I am NOT willing to compromise!

Daktari 06-24-2011 12:57 PM

I miss...

...waking up with her

...that first mug of tea brought to me in the morning with a smile

...having my chicken peeled and anchovies skinned

luv2luvgirls 06-24-2011 12:59 PM

I miss everything about it
I miss laying side by side entwined legs and arms talking and just feeling
I miss the way she would love me with her words and gestures
most of all I miss how happy she would get when I said hi

always2late 06-24-2011 01:55 PM

Coming home to a not empty house (well...the house is never REALLY empty thanks to the fur kids...but you know what I mean).

tapu 06-24-2011 03:06 PM

Making sure we're not dressed too much alike. Or that our hair doesn't match.

cinderella 06-24-2011 03:37 PM

OK, I'm freaking out...

I don't quite know where to post this...but I'm asking a question...how can I start a new thread - I tried, but did not get the proper questions to ask...please let me know what the apprppriate steps are? Thank you so much.

luv2luvgirls 06-24-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinderella (Post 364867)
I don't quite know where to post this...but I'm asking a question...how can I start a new thread - I tried, but did not get the proper questions to ask...please let me know what the apprppriate steps are? Thank you so much.

Hey Im new but I believe you just click the new thread button on the upper left of the page...like when in a thread it says post reply there :) I hope that helps

Hack 06-25-2011 07:47 PM

Being necessary to someone other than my boss.

My green sweatshirt.

Walking down the street and feeling her hand slip in to mine.

Popping one eye open while lying in bed just in time to see her walk across my line of sight wearing nothing but a towel after her bath.