Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Careers, Work, Business (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   myers-briggs and your occupation (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654)

apretty 01-04-2010 11:46 PM

myers-briggs and your occupation

http://cviaaorg.ipower.com/AAGallery..._carl_jung.jpg

career test

ENFP here, what are you?

is your employment 'suited' to your personality?

according to my Type, i'd find satisfaction by moving in the occupational direction of 'character actor'--i'm adding this to my 5 year plan.

are you already in a satisfying career? have you thought about changing direction? are you a character actor? what does character acting entail?

Medusa 01-04-2010 11:58 PM

Im an ENFP too!

Funny enough too, I did the test as a child and as an adult and STILL a strong ENFP.

Inuus 01-05-2010 12:04 AM

Your Personality type is ISTJ

ISTJ "Trustee" These are dependable pillars of strength. They often try to reform their mates and other people. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.

Not sure I would be good with the career choices they gave for me though

Arwen 01-05-2010 12:09 AM

Every time I test I am an INFP.

INFP: "Questor". These people are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, but don't relax well. High capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

And the list? Here are two that i am or have been. :)

minister/priest/rabbi
writer/poet/novelist

I'mOneToo 01-05-2010 12:24 AM

ISTJ -- but agree with Inuus on the career choices. I can't add two plus two, and would've hated being a PE teacher. And the boy scouts... well I'm too old for that ;) Unless somebody's up for starting an adult Butch Scouts club, then I'm up for that!

amiyesiam 01-05-2010 12:31 AM

INFJ

being one of most rare types it means that it can be hard for people to understand us

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types."

INFJSo, what happens when they see that many others do not behave that way?? (only 2-3% of America’s population is this type, indeed most rare of all 16 types) Answer: Different levels of stress, confusion, irritation, etc.; typically nothing this type can’t handle. So, this is a NATURAL reaction on the part of this type, they are not doing anything wrong.

morningstar55 01-05-2010 07:13 AM

ok i took this test............. it was interesting..
looks like im a .. ESFJ

Selenay 01-05-2010 07:26 AM

Your Personality type is ISFJ: Conservator. These people are service and work oriented - very loyal. They may suffer from fatigue and tend to be attracted to troublemakers. They are good nurses, teachers, secretaries, general practitioners, librarians, middle managers, and housekeepers. 6% of the total population.

christie 01-05-2010 07:36 AM

INFP: "Questor". These people are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, but don't relax well. High capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

Pretty dead on... thanks, apretty :)

Semantics 01-05-2010 07:53 AM

INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1% of the total population. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They are private and easily hurt. They make good spouses, but tend to be physically reserved. People often think they are psychic. They make good therapists, general practitioners, ministers, and so on.

According to this, it sounds like I'm appropriately placed in social work.

Linus 01-05-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Because your answers in one or more categories were split 50/50,
your personality type, XNTP, (an 'X' represents a split), is not perfectly defined.
Pfffffttt! :P That's not helpful.. or is it? I'm all and none? A Quantum MB?

Queerasfck 01-05-2010 09:23 AM

It's me.

Your Personality type is ISFJ

These people are service and work oriented - very loyal. They may suffer from fatigue and tend to be attracted to troublemakers. Yes, I am VERY attracted to troublemakers, one in particular.

turasultana 01-05-2010 09:29 AM

INTJ

INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. These are the most independent of all types. They love logic and ideas and are drawn to scientific research. They can be rather single-minded, though.. 1% of the total population.

I'm an annoying planner. :)

Bootboi 01-05-2010 11:28 AM

INFJ

Same as its always been

always2late 01-05-2010 11:53 AM

ESFJ "Seller": Most sociable of all types. Outstanding host or hostesses. They may be dependent, first on parents and later on spouses. They excel in service occupations involving personal contact. 13% of the total population.

Hmmm..I suppose that "nurse" fits as a service occupation involving personal contact. :)

Rockinonahigh 01-05-2010 12:04 PM

I Took the test and the results were.....ESFJ.I should have take this as a younger preson...now im in the food service end of hospitrality and tourism.As a chef I put on lots of banquets,partys and what not..I have a catreing service as well.
Rockin

Linus 01-05-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 30392)
Pfffffttt! :P That's not helpful.. or is it? I'm all and none? A Quantum MB?

Toook some googling and such.. but found it:

Quote:

Often quiet and reserved, but often stimulating company, alert and outspoken. Usually interested mainly in ideas. Often enjoys parties and small talk — may argue for fun on either side of a question. Enjoys theoretical and scientific pursuits. Tend to have sharply defined interests. Enjoys solving problems with logic and analysis. Quick, ingenious, good at many things. Apt to turn to one new interest after another. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems, but may neglect routine assignemnts. Need careers where some strong interest can be used and be useful. Skillful in finding logical reasons for what they want.
This actually does fit me as a Technical Trainer and the myriad of things that entails. :)

Lynn 01-05-2010 12:32 PM

ENFP--"Jounalist"

I went to college to study journalism, but found that it wasn't the career for me. Deadlines are not fluid enough.

It fits, even though my present career doesn't exactly match. I'm a social worker, but I've had jobs in personnel development and I've done some conference planning very successfully.

The most meaningful information is the section on how I handle stress:
The ENFP finds symbolic meanings behind the immediate circumstances. These meanings are construed as foreboding problems when ENFP's are under stress. Having a pervasive feeling of losing control over their own independent identities, ENFP's will feel virtually split apart by intruding circumstances. They will be "besides themselves" and "just not all there" — as if something, or someone, has taken away the essence of who they are. Not feeling like themselves, the ENFP will become subject to their own feelings of shame for being a phony, a fake or an impostor. If stress continues to grow, they may attribute malevolent schemes to others in order to explain away their fears.

I often experience those feelings, especially feeling "not all there" and feeling like an imposter in my own life.