Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dating, Marriage, Family (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What are your three non-negotiables (in a relationship)? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4355)

CherylNYC 07-20-2013 12:09 PM

While all the below are imperative, these two are the most important to any kind of human relationship with me:

(1)Trust. If you're a liar, or behave in a dishonourable way, or are given to meanness or sneak attacks, stay far away from me.

(2)Respect. If you are disrespectful towards me, or if you're in the habit of doing things that would lead me to lose respect for you, stay far away from me.

The other imperatives for a dating relationship, not in any order of importance are:

(3)A safe playing, dominant, sadistic butch leather top with a high sex drive.

(4)A butch who is either stone, or who will respect and be satisfied within my stonefemme boundaries.

(5)Someone who has her own income and is living within her means.

(6)Either a biker or motorcycle friendly.

(7)Smart and funny.

(8)Non-monogamous.

(9)Not politically conservative.

(10)Someone who is relatively local. She would have to live within a day's ride from NYC.

cinderella 07-20-2013 12:41 PM

Only 3??? Oh boy...this is going to be hard!

Non-negotiables aka 'deal-breakers' for me would be a lot more then 3 things, but I'll try...
  1. smoker
  2. any substance abuse - this is a 'biggie'
  3. lazy/unkempt/unambitious

And these are just starters. I would add that he would have to be very intelligent, witty/funny, a sense of fair play, honest, generous to a fault, and have an immense curiosity about life, and the world around us.

Oh, being an incurable romantic, a love for classic film and good music, would not hurt one bit!! :)

Katelar 08-10-2013 03:29 PM

1) Communication; talk to me, discuss, debate, let me know what you think and why. Make some of the choices and don't wait for me to do everything.

2) Something to get up for in the morning; whether that's a job, a vocation, education, anything. Just something that gives you a life away from 'us'.

3) Honesty; don't lie, i'll know. Without honesty there can be no trust.

and a cheeky fourth

4) Cuddles and 'Us' time is essential; Sex is a two way street but let me take charge ;)

Gráinne 08-10-2013 04:55 PM

Back again:

1. Passion-not just of the obvious kind, but passion as a way of life, a passion for life. Includes having passions outside of the relationship.

2. The ability to be present in the moment with me, whatever is going on. You won't always "get" me, but really trying is important. I will reciprocate with you.

3. The ability to face your challenges and problems and see them as opportunities for real change. Even if they beat you down at first, the ability to come back stronger.

Chad 08-10-2013 05:54 PM

Non-negotiable

Always the same three for me;

!. No cheating

2. No lying

3. No stealing

Actually, I have more than three but maybe that is on another thread.

Lead by example.

Mari 08-10-2013 06:38 PM

1. Someone who knows and is true to who they are.

2. Someone of strong character and integrity.

3. Someone with a passion for every area of their life.

MysticOceansFL 08-10-2013 07:01 PM

1. Don't lie 2. Cheat 3. Or steal.

Have a sense of humor
be able to communicate
be able to forgive because if you cant do that how can you go forward in life?
Be faithful
trusting and have morals
:glasses:

Koffeelvr 08-10-2013 07:07 PM

Must haves:

Integrity

Kindness

Wisdom

Followed close by a healthy sense of adventure

NorCalStud 08-10-2013 07:09 PM

must have

emotional honesty
Likes to have a clean home
Communicates

Asari 08-11-2013 07:19 AM

1. A (nearly) similar view on spirituality, philosophy and ethics.
Indispensable attribute. Prevents major conflicts.

2. Healthy self-discipline.
There are no Problems, just challenges. Fear? Conquer it. Bored? Open your eyes for the miracles around you.

(If it's going to be a sexual relationship)
3. Attractiveness.
Female masculinity and a dominant aura is a good start. Or s/he is an anthropomorphic alien. *cough* :D

SleepyButch 08-11-2013 08:09 AM

Hmmmm....

Honesty

Affectionate

Must love dogs

Sweet Bliss 08-11-2013 08:51 AM

I don't share nicely, so NO open policy

I am not looking for pain = love, if you are keep walking away

I am the Domestic Goddess you always dreamed of having by your side ...
Not your slave, step up or get lost.

Okie dokie, there, some honest to gawd honesty.

It's Sunday morning, and yes, I'm putting it out there. Scorpio rising today. Feels fabulous.

Pixie 08-11-2013 09:20 AM

1. Fluid communication (with that is honesty....that ultimately develops trust)

2. Flexibility/Open-mindedness...one must hold themselves with compassion and understanding in order to express/live by these

3. Independence...Yes I want you to want me, yes I want time with you....but I also want time with out you, time away, time to appreciate the time I have with you.

Sweet Bliss 08-11-2013 10:30 AM

SCORPIO QUEEN OF CUPS Diving into emotional situations is best. Get in deep for best results. Work out emotional knots by addressing them head on.

See, Arwen said so. Feels good to say things outloud sometimes. I'm going to do this more often. :tarot:

ONLY 08-11-2013 11:04 AM

1. no smoking
2. no cats
3. no coming home drunk and obnoxious

and few others that are regarded as "normal"

LexiLove 10-27-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalipstic (Post 489147)

Chocolate is medicinal....even at times, better than boobs.

GASP!!! I didn't realize there were things that were better than boobs...(and I am a chocolate fiend.)

ButchKnight 10-28-2013 10:47 PM

good communicator
loves to kiss
loyalty means something

Nat 10-28-2013 11:28 PM

I think I'm still figuring these out, but almost everything I've thought of falls under this category:

Treats self and others with respect

kittygrrl 10-30-2013 05:00 PM

principled
passionate
ready

Sweet Bliss 10-31-2013 05:23 PM

Funny
non smoking (please, please, please )
Thinks I'm funny ... cuz I am.