Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thinking Harder (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   A GIRL YOU SHOULD DATE - Date a girl who reads... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4337)

JustJo 12-16-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 487416)
Is it me or is it true that most "girls who read", are tea drinkers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgeek (Post 487419)
I think you are on to something.. I'm equal parts tea and coffee drinker..

Me too....coffee in the morning, with books....tea in the evening, with books. :)

DapperButch 12-16-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 487422)
Me too....coffee in the morning, with books....tea in the evening, with books. :)

Thought so.

Just like they like tea, but aren't necessarily anti-coffee, I think they are pro cat (but are not anti dog, necessarily).

JustJo 12-16-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 487425)
Thought so.

Just like they like tea, but aren't necessarily anti-coffee, I think they are pro cat (but are not anti dog, necessarily).

Yes...this too. :)

DapperButch 12-16-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 487431)
Yes...this too. :)

God, I'm smart.

blush 12-16-2011 08:58 PM

I spent my money on books AND clothes. Both make me happy.

Rockinonahigh 12-17-2011 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 487280)
I agree with Theoddz and Rockingonahigh….it REALLY twists my knickers when my partner reads as well! We don’t have to read together, I can be hand embroidering, designing new projects, making clothes, etc. There’s a seductive, sensuousness about reading together, being read too, and reading too the one you’re in love with….

Well said mam,well said..tyvm.

Rockinonahigh 12-17-2011 02:11 AM

One of the local colleges hear on the first weekend of September has a huge book sale going on,the books are prices fron.10 to $1.00 each.I love to go and fnd the old books that have much to give and may well be collectors quility for my small libary,ive been looking for leather bound compleat colection of the arabian knights,I found some last year but couldnt get them from the owner who had them in an open cardbord box in her garage going to waist...poor books.

Glenn 12-17-2011 04:05 AM

I've rescued from garbage trucks Ovid, Ouida, Maupassant, DH Lawrence, Maugham, Yogananda...which will have to be pryed from my cold, dead, hands someday. If I had my way, I'd read eighteen hours a day. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of dating a femme who "smelled of the lamp" of midnight oil.

1QuirkyKiwi 12-17-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 487416)
Is it me or is it true that most "girls who read", are tea drinkers?

I’m not a coffee drinker and I’m famous for drinking herbal teas, lol! ….For me, it’s the feeling of a simple luxury and indulgence of a good book, a pot of my favourite tea, maybe a square of chocolate or my favourite fruits sliced to eat with vegan cheese and sitting or laying comfortably and losing myself in the writing and images my mind conjurs up. :)

1QuirkyKiwi 12-17-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blush (Post 487536)
I spent my money on books AND clothes. Both make me happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh (Post 487803)
One of the local colleges hear on the first weekend of September has a huge book sale going on,the books are prices fron.10 to $1.00 each.I love to go and fnd the old books that have much to give and may well be collectors quility for my small libary,ive been looking for leather bound compleat colection of the arabian knights,I found some last year but couldnt get them from the owner who had them in an open cardbord box in her garage going to waist...poor books.

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa (Post 487810)
I've rescued from garbage trucks Ovid, Ouida, Maupassant, DH Lawrence, Maugham, Yogananda...which will have to be pryed from my cold, dead, hands someday. If I had my way, I'd read eighteen hours a day. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of dating a femme who "smelled of the lamp" of midnight oil.

Fabrics and books for me! :) I often look through the local charity shops for books....the same when the Library has a sale on. Car boot sales, Fetes, anywhere that is likely to sell books. Sadly though, many books in these places are badly damaged and not worth spending the 25p on them!

I use the Library a lot and if I like a book, I'll buy it from Waterstone's or Amazon. With travelling so much and losing books when moving, I've kept my book collection down to a minimum. Once I settle down somewhere that I know will be permanent, then I'll re-start my book collection again.

JustJo 12-17-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 487816)
I use the Library a lot and if I like a book, I'll buy it from Waterstone's or Amazon. With travelling so much and losing books when moving, I've kept my book collection down to a minimum. Once I settle down somewhere that I know will be permanent, then I'll re-start my book collection again.

Kindle...my friend...kindle. :) I have transitioned completely and, although wondering if I'd miss the feel of a book in my hands, find that I don't at all. The beauty of it is that I can enjoy all the books I want...a new one anytime I want...carry 3,000 of them in my purse....and all with no books to dust or walls of bookshelves.

Love it...

Diva 12-17-2011 07:08 AM

I've been known to walk into a book store and cry....tears of happiness, as I didn't know where to begin.

I've been known to buy a book simply by what it felt like in my hands. Most times, the book touched my heart in some way.

I love to travel..........and two of my best memories are The Tattered Cover in Denver and Powel's in Portland....I don't remember much else about Denver and Portland.

There is just something about the smell of a book store that makes me drunk with happiness.

There are books/book cases in almost every room in my home. I need more of both....... :eyebat:

pinkgeek 12-17-2011 09:28 AM

Aside from my friend persiiiiiiiiiiii - Powel's is the best thing in Oregon. I got to go there for the first time earlier this year and it was heaven. I think persi and I spent 2 hours in the queer and feminist sections alone. And then there were the cookbooks!! I didn't even make it to the other sections I was exhausted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva (Post 487838)

I love to travel..........and two of my best memories are The Tattered Cover in Denver and Powel's in Portland....I don't remember much else about Denver and Portland.

1QuirkyKiwi 12-17-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgeek (Post 487875)
And then there were the cookbooks!!

Just don't get me started on cookbooks! I read them TWICE before I make any of the recipes from them....I'm very particular about the knowledge of the Chef writing the book, especially when it's Italian and French cookbooks. :o

1QuirkyKiwi 12-17-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 487215)

My cousin downloaded the Kindle PC app for my laptop….I cannot get on with it….it doesn’t feel the same when reading! I love to feel the weight of a book in my hands as I read….to feel the texture of the paper….to smell the book whether new or old. ….I’m the same with newspapers, lol! I will remain a traditionalist in this way (and a few others, lol!) and will not go willingly into the 21st century with eReaders....*Stamps foot in stubbornness, then sits down and pulls out a paperback book for a quick -ish read* LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 487830)
Kindle...my friend...kindle. :) I have transitioned completely and, although wondering if I'd miss the feel of a book in my hands, find that I don't at all. The beauty of it is that I can enjoy all the books I want...a new one anytime I want...carry 3,000 of them in my purse....and all with no books to dust or walls of bookshelves.

Love it...

Nah! I reckon it'll be years (or another lifetime) before I make the complete transition to eReaders....I'm still trying to get the hang of my Android phone and so far, I'm failing spectacularly, especially when I cut people off trying to answer it! LOL! :|

Thank you (f) for the gentle encouragement my friend, but, for now, I'll stay antiquated, lol! :tea:

DapperButch 12-17-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi (Post 487215)

My cousin downloaded the Kindle PC app for my laptop….I cannot get on with it….it doesn’t feel the same when reading! I love to feel the weight of a book in my hands as I read….to feel the texture of the paper….to smell the book whether new or old. ….I’m the same with newspapers, lol! I will remain a traditionalist in this way (and a few others, lol!) and will not go willingly into the 21st century with eReaders....*Stamps foot in stubbornness, then sits down and pulls out a paperback book for a quick -ish read* LOL!

No kindle for me either. I like books. The same with newspapers.

1QuirkyKiwi 12-17-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 487951)
No kindle for me either. I like books. The same with newspapers.

You're a Butch after my own heart....umm....except I'm a Femme, but, you know what I mean (....I hope!), lol!

Sunday mornings were meant for a loving couple to snuggle up together and read the newspaper together with :tea:,lol!

By the time I've bought a kindle and paid £7....something to download book, I can buy a bookcase full of books for the same price, lol!

kannon 12-17-2011 12:46 PM

I love books too. But I'm going to try and switch over this semester and have all my text books on my ipad.

The trees.

tazz 12-17-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannon (Post 487965)
I love books too. But I'm going to try and switch over this semester and have all my text books on my ipad.

The trees.

***kannon... can you download non-textbooks and magazines for free on an iPad?

DapperButch 12-17-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannon (Post 487965)

The trees.

But, then you can't "highlight", right? Or is there a way to do that on one of those things? If not, would make it hard to study for an exam (for me, anyway).

I had a friend in college who was so obsessive-compulsive with everything in life that she used a ruler when she would highlight!

I hear you on the tree thing, though.