Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Western Canada! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4526)

fever 02-09-2012 02:17 AM

The tea!!

I am going to the Women of Wisdom Conference on the 17-19. When I get back from Seattle on the 20th, why don't we set up that femme tea? I had wanted to known when scubadyke was available, since Hy wanted to come up and do a "panty raid" or something like that. lol

I am available the last Sat Feb. 25 weekend. How about the rest of you?

And, where shall we have this tea? Commercial Drive works for me, and there is more parking than downtown Vancouver.

Candice:byebye:

foxyshaman 02-09-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fever (Post 523358)
I am going to the Women of Wisdom Conference on the 17-19. When I get back from Seattle on the 20th, why don't we set up that femme tea? I had wanted to known when scubadyke was available, since Hy wanted to come up and do a "panty raid" or something like that. lol

And, where shall we have this tea? Commercial Drive works for me, and there is more parking than downtown Vancouver.

That looks like a great conference. I have read works by almost all of those women. I have heard about it before, and then it promptly fell outta my brain, cause it happens like that sometimes.

Have a great time Candice. I would be most interested in hearing about some of the highlights. Sorry I can't make it for tea.

foxyshaman 02-10-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chai~ (Post 523320)
The book I am reading is just one of those silly ones,_____ for dummies, so, It's Women Spirituality for dummies.

It has a log of info, and is an easy and quick read.

I am going to look into doing a retreat this year, I have never done one before!

I hope you do a silent retreat. I often have patients who complain of not being able to shut off their brains. Or not being able to relax. A monk I studied with once told me..."how do people know they will not like chanting for an hour if they have never tried it"... I try to apply that to all things to quiet my mind. I believed i was one of those who could never quiet my mind, what I didn't know, was that I wasn't really trying.

When I first started yoga, I had a helluva time staying in my body. I was ssssoooo used to being outside my body, I had no idea what it meant to be in my body. Disassociation was a way of life for me. And when I first heard... when your muscle is tight breathe into it. I was all like....wwwhhhaaaatttt... now I am all like...ooohh that hurts...oh wait (deep breath).

I won't at all criticize you for reading Dummies books. I have yet to find one that does not have some interesting tidbits of information and tips. Read on girl.... read on.

ruby_woo 02-12-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

I have a work thingie on the 25th from 1:30-3:30, but am available after that, or the Sunday. Don't know about everyone else...

I'm sorry I don't really know the Commercial Drive area well, but if we wanted to do an official fancy afternoon tea there's Shaktea on Main.

Scuba 02-12-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Just pretend I'm not here...carry on **chuckling**

chai~ 03-01-2012 01:42 AM

Did this happen and I missed it?

Breathless 03-01-2012 02:58 AM

I was just thinking that.. it would be worth the drive to attend.. :)

Central Alberta here..

ruby_woo 03-01-2012 08:55 AM

If it happened I missed it, too.

I'd organize something but know nothing about tea- if it's up to me we're all going to be throwing back pitchers of beer at the Fountainhead haha.

Silverseastar 03-10-2012 12:14 PM

I'm a Vancouverite too! Also would love to meet up with other butches and femmes to hang out.

laruss 04-05-2012 09:24 AM

Currently in Alberta, but moving to BC in a few months.
I will have to get to know a whole new community there. It's scary moving all by yourself.

canadianmusician 04-30-2012 01:24 PM

Not butch, am FTM, but am very much in Vancouver and always looking for a good game of Scrabble, Cribbage, Spite n Malice, Monopoly...anything really :)

canadianmusician 04-30-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laruss (Post 559274)
Currently in Alberta, but moving to BC in a few months.
I will have to get to know a whole new community there. It's scary moving all by yourself.

It is for sure! I did it. The good thing about Vancouver is the community here is so wide and diverse (I know some butches, though there are more transguys it seems). It's Vancouver....anything goes lol

Do you know what area you're looking in? The Lower Mainland is MASSIVE.

Silverseastar 04-30-2012 08:16 PM

Hi Ryan seems we have some people in common! I love playing games of all sorts :)

I can't believe we haven't met yet.

Curley 04-30-2012 09:24 PM

Hey everyone I just saw this thread Vancouver west end here

canadianmusician 05-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverseastar (Post 575821)
Hi Ryan seems we have some people in common! I love playing games of all sorts :)

I can't believe we haven't met yet.

LOL I was thinking "How does she know my name?" and then realized.....my signature line! Still workin' on my morning coffee. :jester:

If you'd like, shoot me a message and we can talk about setting up a game time :)

tiggs 05-02-2012 09:06 PM

Wow I never knew there were so many butches, femmes and trans here in the lower mainland!

Hey Candace my sweet girl ;o) Can't wait to see you this weekend! Gonna have to pull out the martini book, I'm just saying we have a spare room lol

Leigh 05-07-2012 12:01 PM

I would have to be the lone Manitoba girl here right? LOL geez :p

fever 05-13-2012 07:22 PM

You did a good job!!

Just found this post. Oh, sweet woman, you did an excellent job with those martinis!! I had such a fun night with you, Converse, and the rest. The food was scrumptious, the martinis were OH MY material, and hubby was charming as ever. Thanks so much for inviting me. I love you Tiggs. You are the best!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggs (Post 577037)
Wow I never knew there were so many butches, femmes and trans here in the lower mainland!

Hey Candace my sweet girl ;o) Can't wait to see you this weekend! Gonna have to pull out the martini book, I'm just saying we have a spare room lol

laruss 05-17-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianmusician (Post 575567)
It is for sure! I did it. The good thing about Vancouver is the community here is so wide and diverse (I know some butches, though there are more transguys it seems). It's Vancouver....anything goes lol

Do you know what area you're looking in? The Lower Mainland is MASSIVE.

I have decided on Kelowna as the energy here seems to fit with my new life. I have left the corporate world to pursue my art and writing. I am in Kelowna this week scouting out the area and will be officially moved by the end of July.

Leigh 05-17-2012 10:49 AM

One day I wanna visit Vancouver :)