Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Europe Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   London Calling... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48)

Words 11-03-2009 12:40 PM

London Calling...

W/we're actually in East Sussex but hey, close enough....

So, who else is in the UK?

Jet 11-03-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 231)
W/we're actually in East Sussex but hey, close enough....

So, who else is in the UK?

Not me, but hello from across the pond.
—Parker

Words 11-03-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol' Jet (Post 254)
Not me, but hello from across the pond.
—Parker

And hello back at you.:)

W/we've been living in the UK for over two years now and have yet to meet another B/F couple. W/we've seen some, but not actually met any.

Sad huh?

cara 11-03-2009 03:30 PM

That's terribly sad! :(

Hi from Seattle! :)

Words 11-03-2009 04:50 PM

Hey Cara :)

My partner lived in Seattle for some 16 years or so and Hy's always saying how similar the climate there is to the one we have here in the UK. Something about Seattle and the UK being on the same latitude (47 degrees, or thereabouts)?

So...is it raining? (It's been pouring down all day here.) I've been lucky. The two times I visited the weather was great but I've heard it can get pretty - and yes, that is, apparently, an understatement - wet.

Words

cara 11-03-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 295)
Hey Cara :)

My partner lived in Seattle for some 16 years or so and Hy's always saying how similar the climate there is to the one we have here in the UK. Something about Seattle and the UK being on the same latitude (47 degrees, or thereabouts)?

So...is it raining? (It's been pouring down all day here.) I've been lucky. The two times I visited the weather was great but I've heard it can get pretty - and yes, that is, apparently, an understatement - wet.

Words

It's a beautiful autumn day in Seattle. No grey or rain! (yet). I lived in Edinburgh, Scotland for a year and can attest that the weather in the UK is similar. Edinburgh, however, was much windier, which made the winter months very cold.

cara

Waldo 11-03-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 263)

W/we've been living in the UK for over two years now and have yet to meet another B/F couple. W/we've seen some, but not actually met any.

Sad huh?

That is just wrong. I was in London for a weekend this summer and met... well, actually now that I say that I realize I met lots of butches and femmes but none of them were couples.

Guess you gotta get out more, or at least say hello when you see them.

Words 11-05-2009 12:32 PM

London's a bit different. O/our nearest gay bar, or what used to be our nearest gay bar (it's now closed), was some 20 miles away, and when W/we did go there, it was fully of very young androgenous types with a few little baby butches thrown in for good measure so W/we kind of gave up on it even before it closed down.

You're right though, W/we do need to get out more, even if it means going over to Brighton or up to London. W/we're just a little limited because of my daughter, but hey, perhaps W/we'll give it a try next time she's at respite care. It's certainly something worth thinking about.

Andrew, Jr. 11-06-2009 03:43 AM

Hi!

Welcome from across the pond as they say. ;)

Angelika 11-08-2009 09:54 AM

Oh I go to London on a semi-regular basis (I am currently in Prague) ... and I love it. Been to Brighton once, loved it too *grins*

Every time I have been to London, I have 'seen' Butches and/or Femmes, albeit have not met any past a brief hello; I am not usually there long enough ... or for pleasure ... so that will limit 'my' meeting them.

Perhaps next trip I will make a post here and if it works out, people in London or around London would consider meeting for coffee (or tea :D).

Angelika

Jaques 11-08-2009 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=Words;263]And hello back at you.:)

WELL YOU HAVE NOW - yup, found you at last...........:p:p:p

Jaques 11-08-2009 10:07 AM

...so yeh, hi people, my partner of 8 yrs and i also live on the south east coast of England - Hastings to be precise - (as in battle of 1066)
Im sure this site will grow and as im a member of a uk site, will mention this on there.....................

Jaques 11-08-2009 10:53 AM

Butch femme transguy uk

I mentioned this new site on the uk butch femme site and was pm'd that they have removed my post.................seems there isnt freedom of speech on there anymore - strange because others have written about butch femme rainbow and butchfemme.com but for some reason they seem to object to this one being mentioned..............???

Words 11-08-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 1105)
Welcome from across the pond as they say. ;)

Nice to see you again Andrew...it's been a long time!

Words:)

Words 11-08-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelika (Post 1931)
Oh I go to London on a semi-regular basis (I am currently in Prague) ... and I love it. Been to Brighton once, loved it too *grins*

Every time I have been to London, I have 'seen' Butches and/or Femmes, albeit have not met any past a brief hello; I am not usually there long enough ... or for pleasure ... so that will limit 'my' meeting them.

Perhaps next trip I will make a post here and if it works out, people in London or around London would consider meeting for coffee (or tea :D).

Angelika

London's a bit far off Angelika but if you're ever in Brighton again, give U/us a shout, okay?

Best,

Words

Words 11-08-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaques (Post 1955)
I mentioned this new site on the uk butch femme site and was pm'd that they have removed my post.................seems there isnt freedom of speech on there anymore - strange because others have written about butch femme rainbow and butchfemme.com but for some reason they seem to object to this one being mentioned..............???

At least you were able to sign up.

As W/we told you before, B/both of U/us have tried to sign up several times over over the past six months or so but for some reason, W/we've not been approved. More annoying is the fact that the Admin. doesn't even bother to respond to my notes about it.

Their loss;)

Words

Words 11-08-2009 11:18 AM

[quote=Jaques;1935]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 263)

WELL YOU HAVE NOW - yup, found you at last...........:p:p:p

Damn Jacques, you ID as butch? LOL... I know you don't ID as femme.

Jaques 11-08-2009 11:20 AM

[quote=Words;1966]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaques (Post 1935)

Damn Jacques, you ID as butch? LOL... I know you don't ID as femme.

Hey I id'd as male/tg................pauls joining btw............

Paul DB 11-08-2009 11:26 AM

Well hello there

Hello Jaques and LTNS Words...

Usually from the UK but taking care of ill in laws at the moment, How are you all

Words 11-08-2009 11:29 AM

[quote=Jaques;1968]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Words (Post 1966)

Hey I id'd as male/tg................pauls joining btw............

I know, I was teasing. *Insert eye roll.*

Good news about Paul!