Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are You Ready For Some Football? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

GreeneyedMe 02-03-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 742974)
Via Gaige's webcam, I am listening to fireworks, car horns, air horns, Gaige's neighbors celebrating, and watching porch lights around her neighborhood being flashed off and on (one of these by a neighbor in a nightgown :)). I want to cry, I am so fucking happy for our team, us, Ray Lewis, and Baltimore!!!

That ROCKS!! Congratulations!!

Gaige 02-03-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollylane (Post 742974)
Via Gaige's webcam, I am listening to fireworks, car horns, air horns, Gaige's neighbors celebrating, and watching porch lights around her neighborhood being flashed off and on (one of these by a neighbor in a nightgown :)). I want to cry, I am so fucking happy for our team, us, Ray Lewis, and Baltimore!!!

My neighbors are nuts. We love our Ravens here in Baltimore. I'm about 2 miles from the city and I can still hear the fireworks going off. WTG Ravens!!!!

Hollylane 02-03-2013 10:05 PM

They're showing on Baltimore news, that thousands of people are pouring into the streets in Baltimore! WHOOO HOOO!

Scuba 02-03-2013 10:53 PM

Congratulations Baltimore!! Ya scared me there for a minute though :)

Hollylane 02-03-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba (Post 743001)
Congratulations Baltimore!! Ya scared me there for a minute though :)

Gaige is going to laugh when I say this...

Indeed.

alexri 02-03-2013 11:06 PM

They found the cause of the power outage.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0340ab8f.jpg

j/k

Overall... meh game, bleh commercials, and bleh halftime show. San Fran could have won but they made stupid mistakes and had stupid penalties.

6 months until pre-season...

Parker 02-04-2013 12:26 AM

I was hoping they'd report on and release video of -->this<-- because I caught both Flacco's "fucking awesome!" and his teammate's "holy shit, right?!" during the broadcast and lol'd.

I love censored TV when it's live and anything can happen. lol :winky:

mustangjeano 02-04-2013 12:32 AM

Congratulations Raven fans.

alexri 02-04-2013 06:08 PM

I do give the Ravens credit for some pretty amazing catches. And the kickoff return was incredible.

/Still thinks the commercials were lousy.

Hollylane 02-04-2013 09:35 PM

I just saw this, it is adorable, and apparently, puppies are psychic :)

cinnamongrrl 02-17-2013 11:38 PM

:vigil: :vigil: :vigil:

Hollylane 02-17-2013 11:44 PM

I totally already miss watching the Ravens games with my Baby. Hey, did I mention that we won the Super Bowl? :)

not2shygrrl 02-19-2013 10:12 AM

genuinely happy......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaige (Post 742977)
My neighbors are nuts. We love our Ravens here in Baltimore. I'm about 2 miles from the city and I can still hear the fireworks going off. WTG Ravens!!!!

I am happy for Baltimore and their Ravens for the Super Bowl win !! It was an exciting game, when they had the lead and then almost gave it up to the niners...... :wtf: The controversy over the power outage had me going hhmmmm for sure but Balt. prevailed! Congrats and genuinely here in Pittsburgh we celebrated with you !

Hollylane 02-22-2013 10:54 AM

WHOO HOO!!!

The Ravens team just got even better, their homophobic center, Matt Birk, announced his retirement!

Hollylane 03-03-2013 11:23 PM

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...rman_getty.jpg

Lauren Silberman: Woman kicker's NFL trial cut short by injury

The first woman to take part in NFL trials managed just two kicks before aggravating a thigh injury, apparently ending her hopes of earning a professional contract.

Lauren Silberman, 28, took part in one of 10 regional "combines" in New Jersey on Sunday.

She pulled up after managing 19 yards with her first kick-off and then kicked 13 yards with her second effort.

Silberman then asked to speak to a trainer and did not continue.

In December 2011, the barriers that prevented women from attempting to play in the NFL were removed.

"I've always been an athlete, and I've always been a gamer," she said after her withdrawal. "When I had the opportunity to be in the NFL, one of the world's most competitive leagues, I absolutely had to take the chance."

She suffered a quadriceps injury while preparing for the trials during the week and said: "I tried staying off it and waited for today. I didn't even take kicks in warm-ups, and, it's pretty hard to know that you'll be in pain and I wanted to work through it and I certainly tried to, but I just couldn't do it today.

"I would certainly be very, very excited and happy if I had the opportunity to try again, but it's not up to me. It's up to the scouts."

UofMfan 03-12-2013 02:09 PM

FREE AGENCY DAY!

Yes, I am excited. I am listening to ESPN Radio and hoping my team seals the deal with Mike Wallace!

UofMfan 03-12-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 766084)
FREE AGENCY DAY!

Yes, I am excited. I am listening to ESPN Radio and hoping my team seals the deal with Mike Wallace!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Mike Wallace is now a Dolphin!

Hollylane 03-29-2013 10:52 PM

GO BRENDON! GO RAVENS!!

cinnamongrrl 04-13-2013 09:00 PM

not.....long.....now..... :(

KCBUTCH 04-13-2013 09:04 PM

ABSOFRICKENLUTELY YEEEEEESSSS!, ALTHOUGH MY HOCKEY TEAMS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO :)