Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are You Ready For Some Football? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

UofMfan 03-08-2012 06:27 PM

Sources: Peyton Manning favors AFC

UofMfan 03-10-2012 06:49 AM

Looks like one less team is courting Mr. Manning.

Redskins, Rams Trade Draft Picks, Likely Sending Robert Griffin III To Washington: REPORT

ruffryder 03-17-2012 05:40 AM

Peyton Manning chooses ___________.

....and Tim Tebow ___________.

UofMfan 03-17-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder (Post 548430)
Peyton Manning chooses ___Tennessee________.

....and Tim Tebow __Goes back to UofF where he is still Jesus, because now he knows how the Broncos REALLY feel about him._________.

And he can turn koolaid into wine...

UofMfan 03-19-2012 10:38 AM

Peyton Manning told his agent to negotiate a deal with the Broncos.

Now I bet this man is asking...WWJD?

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-conte...ow-praying.jpg

Prudence 03-19-2012 11:30 AM

Just hit NFL.com.. manning, broncos, tebow, trading block. Well, if the offensive line folds on manning the way it did on tebow in the playoffs.. need I say more? WWJD?.. Wait and watch what door opens up for tebow.. JC dont like ugly.... :footballpass:

Prudence 03-19-2012 11:32 AM

From anyone.

ruffryder 03-19-2012 03:01 PM

yeahhhh Broncos land Manning!

Hope to see my Broncos back in the superbowl real soon! Yeahhh buddy!

Kobi 03-19-2012 04:38 PM

Manning to the Broncos? Didnt see that coming. Then again, Elway was not a Tebow fan. Thought Peyton would head to the 49ers.

With so many players changing teams this off season, its getting confusing keeping track of them all.

Tommi 03-19-2012 06:38 PM

:fastdraq: Manning jumped from one horse to another. :)

Let the dominoes fall. Maybe he'll get to play his little Bro next year.

WolfyOne 03-19-2012 06:46 PM

I read that Cutler will reunite with Marshall, so we'll see if they still have that old magic

justkim 03-19-2012 06:47 PM

Nothing is set in stone yet with Manning... he still hasn't signed a contract... Although he has chosen the Bronco's he can still change his mind.
I just wish they would get it over with... then maybe the news can be about the news and not Peyton Manning coming to Denver...
Now just please bring on some football...

WolfyOne 03-19-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommi (Post 549843)
:fastdraq: Manning jumped from one horse to another. :)

Let the dominoes fall. Maybe he'll get to play his little Bro next year.

There are people everywhere that save old horses
This one happens to be a great work horse with much more to give and show us

UofMfan 03-19-2012 06:53 PM

I have no idea what God likes, nor will I pretend to know so. That seems, well, pretentious.

Football is football, players are traded, fired and hired on a daily bases. Come to think of it, it happens in all professional sports. Nothing is written in stone, but it does look like the Broncos are willing to accept the terms expressed by Manning.

What I do know is that my team has passed up 3 opportunities to sign a great quarterback.

I am afraid, unless they sign someone good soon, that the upcoming season will be another bad one.

justkim 03-19-2012 07:00 PM

UofMfan, they have a saying here in Colorado... God must be a Bronco fan since sunset are blue and orange... Not so sure about the blue and orange color, but we have some breathtaking sunsets filled with many colors...

I am sorry your team has dropped the ball so to speak when it comes to quarterbacks...

kannon 03-19-2012 07:19 PM

I'm praying that one of the Cowboy's rivals picks up Tim Tebow.
I still can't believe he was the # 1 draft pick a few years ago. His QB rating last season was 72. He ranked number 28 out of something like 32 quarterbacks. Yet, Denver made it to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh. This makes me believe in the power of God.

If Manning has recovered from his injuries things could get interesting in Denver. Denver may get Dallas Clark as well. I think they got a little taste of blood last year and now they want it.

Prudence 03-19-2012 08:36 PM

LOL..pretention.. ostentatious.. overdone.. the picture of Tebow on his knee along with the question above it.. to me, a bit overdone. Sorry, accept my apology if I have offened. Washingtons my team.... Maybe we are going to be the open door.. cant really see it.. but stranger things have happened.. Like Tebows stats in the playoffs.. 316 this 316 that.. Who knows? Going to interesting to watch..........

Queerasfck 03-19-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UofMfan (Post 549852)
I have no idea what God likes, nor will I pretend to know so. That seems, well, pretentious.

Football is football, players are traded, fired and hired on a daily bases. Come to think of it, it happens in all professional sports. Nothing is written in stone, but it does look like the Broncos are willing to accept the terms expressed by Manning.

What I do know is that my team has passed up 3 opportunities to sign a great quarterback.

I am afraid, unless they sign someone good soon, that the upcoming season will be another bad one.

UofM, don't fret too badly! If you mean the 'Fins missed Alex Smith and Matt Flynn don't shed a tear. Neither is really any better than Matt Moore the QB you already have and tonight they added David Garrard. The Dolphins moves or lack of seem to be confusing but the franchise has been confused for a while. Dumping your best offensive player (Marshall) because he has off the field issues and run-ins with the law is weird when the team already knew he had those problems to begin with. The Dolphins are a mess. Aren't you used to it yet? Players don't want to go there for a reason.

So they missed Manning? I mean yes, he's been a great QB but he's past his prime, had THREE (or is it four) NECK surgeries and the Broncs just dumped a boatload of money at him. They do have the nucleases for a very good team around Manning and I do see them picking up some more players like Clark as someone already mentioned. But my beef is people are forgetting Manning is a china doll at this point. I wouldn't risk it. But then again, anyone is an upgrade from where the Broncos were at QB.

UofMfan 03-20-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queerasfck (Post 550014)
UofM, don't fret too badly! If you mean the 'Fins missed Alex Smith and Matt Flynn don't shed a tear. Neither is really any better than Matt Moore the QB you already have and tonight they added David Garrard. The Dolphins moves or lack of seem to be confusing but the franchise has been confused for a while. Dumping your best offensive player (Marshall) because he has off the field issues and run-ins with the law is weird when the team already knew he had those problems to begin with. The Dolphins are a mess. Aren't you used to it yet? Players don't want to go there for a reason.

So they missed Manning? I mean yes, he's been a great QB but he's past his prime, had THREE (or is it four) NECK surgeries and the Broncs just dumped a boatload of money at him. They do have the nucleases for a very good team around Manning and I do see them picking up some more players like Clark as someone already mentioned. But my beef is people are forgetting Manning is a china doll at this point. I wouldn't risk it. But then again, anyone is an upgrade from where the Broncos were at QB.

Q, formerly known as John, formerly known as Ezee,

Jeff Ireland IS the problem. Why sign a has been? The difference with Manning is that at least he would have been a great teacher/model for a young quarterback drafted this year. Gerrard is none of that.

Now we have not only another china doll, poor used goods, but he has none of those other qualities Manning does, like leadership, knowledge and expertise.

I was hoping for Alex Smith, I think he stood out more than the others. And I do not even want to talk about the Marshall trade. Really?! I totally agree with you.

I agree about Matt Flynn, what, two actual starts and now he is a super star? I think not.

Once again we are going to suck, but this time "Luck" isn't even in the equation.

The only redeeming fact is that among the mediocre choices Jeff Ireland was willing to spend money on, we did not end up with the T-man. We do not have to deal with sideline praying and miracle chanting and all that circus shit Elway and the Broncos organization were done with.

Perhaps there IS a God.

Queerasfck 03-20-2012 07:24 AM

I just read one of my morning sports blogs that predicted Tebow ends up in New England to reunite him with the coach that drafted him Josh McDaniels. We'll see.