Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is/are your biggest fears? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2386)

Apocalipstic 11-21-2010 02:07 PM

What is/are your biggest fears?

There are small things that creep us out...like giving a speech, worms, spiders, clowns. snakes, bugs....but what is your biggest fear?

I do not fear death.

What I fear most is family.

The Holiday season begins this week and I am sick at my stomach. Yes I go to therapy, yes, I meditate, yes yes yes, I do all the things I am supposed to and am on medication to make me not care.,

Yet.

I am almost frozen with fear.

diamondrose 11-21-2010 02:24 PM

I fear leaving familiar places and going to a unfamiliar place. I always have to tell myself to stop being ridiculous.

girl_dee 11-21-2010 02:33 PM

lots of people in buildings.. I know they are not going to smother me and suck all of the air out of the place but that is exactly what is going to happen.

diamondrose 11-21-2010 02:35 PM

i get terrified when i am in an elevator full of people. I will get off asap and wait for the next one to get to the floor i am headed to

I am terrified of the word "root canal"

Julie 11-21-2010 02:39 PM

Doctors..
I go (well am supposed to) for full body scans every six months.
I am terrified of enclosed spaces.
Needles.
I get biopsies fairly regularly and they involve LOTS of Needles.
Body Scans require Needles.
I used to have someone go with me for my biopsies and scans...
She is moving far away.
Now I have to go alone...and not have anyone hold my hand or feet.

Ohhhh - I am not afraid of dying or death
But I am afraid of donating my organs (even though I am)
And afraid of being cremated (even though I am).

I am a MESS!

Andrew, Jr. 11-21-2010 02:40 PM

My 2 fears:
1. Family
2. Being burned alive

The_Lady_Snow 11-21-2010 02:43 PM

Spiders, clowns, ice cream trucks & over friendly in your face people

:|

Jet 11-21-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme (Post 232505)
Doctors..
I go (well am supposed to) for full body scans every six months.
I am terrified of enclosed spaces.
Needles.
I get biopsies fairly regularly and they involve LOTS of Needles.
Body Scans require Needles.
I used to have someone go with me for my biopsies and scans...
She is moving far away.
Now I have to go alone...and not have anyone hold my hand or feet.

Ohhhh - I am not afraid of dying or death
But I am afraid of donating my organs (even though I am)
And afraid of being cremated (even though I am).

I am a MESS!

Ah, my cake friend...I just had an MRI in an enclosed space...moved during the imaging and he has to do the whole thing over. I fear not getting thru it again. My greatest fear of all is not overcoming PTSD. Bad, bad implications.
You're not a mess, you need to bake my Watergate Cake and feel better.

atomiczombie 11-21-2010 02:53 PM

I fear lots of things. In no particular order:

Germs.

Going to strange places alone.

Going to not so strange places alone, such as the grocery store or the gym.

FIRE.

Enclosed places, theaters.

Job interviews.

Going to the doctor, especially my psychiatrist.

Being alone.

Living by myself.

Finding myself in a situation where someone is being not nice to me, and having no way out (except my ex-wife. I can handle her, oddly.)

Not being able to help my daughter when she is in trouble!

Dying before my work here in this world is finished.

That's all I can think of for now. There may be more that I will add later.

Julie 11-21-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 232518)
Ah, my cake friend...I just had an MRI in an enclosed space...moved during the imaging and he has to do the whole thing over. I fear not getting thru it again. My greatest fear of all is not overcoming PTSD. Bad, bad implications.
You're not a mess, you need to bake my Watergate Cake and feel better.

I will bake your cake... I did bake brownies last night :-)

I will hope you can get through your MRI. I know how hard it can be.

bigbutchmistie 11-21-2010 03:54 PM

I almost panic to be around a bunch of people. Even my job as I know everyone there it still frieks me out to have to get up in front of everyone and talk.

I fear dying alone. This is very real for me. I live alone and most days, the phone doesnt ring. Not cause my friends dont care but they are all coupled with families and are busy. When I was in the hopsital diagnosed with meningitis and a couple of other times I was in there alone, it hits me. And its the loneliest feeling in the world.

Being burned to death

Fire does scare me

Buildings full of people. I wont go in alone.

girl_dee 11-21-2010 04:39 PM

being trapped in line.. like at Tim Hortons drive thru where there is walls on both sides :|

lipstixgal 11-21-2010 05:51 PM

I fear dying alone I live alone so that's why.
I also fear going into the city all alone at times even though I did it for years before.
Pretty much that's it..

Glenn 11-21-2010 05:57 PM

My furkids becoming orphans:(

katsarecool 11-21-2010 06:02 PM

Not getting to see my grandchildren grow up.
I wasn't afraid of big needles but now I am!
I am not afraid of dying; just not in the for seeable future.
Spiders, no matter what size creep me out.
Family reunions; the family is so dysfunctional they all feel the need to get rip roaring drunk then dump on each other. Normally they shove shit under the rug. I hate that! Not my kids and their family. I am talking about siblings and my step-father that was negilgent, abusive and mean-spirited to us all. Besides this I am fearless!

Apocalipstic 11-21-2010 06:53 PM

Family reunions are almost more than I can bear to think of. shudder.

asphaltcowboi 11-21-2010 07:02 PM

my biggest fear is gaurdrails at 80 mph.

JustJo 11-21-2010 07:04 PM

I work myself into a fit just knowing that I'll have to face a needle.
Drowning.
Spiders, but only if they're big or hairy...tarantulas totally freak me out.

I don't have fears about my family, but know that my mother is bad for me so I keep my exposure limited....and I've cut my sister out completely purely for self-preservation.

I can handle crowds, enclosed spaces, public speaking...but like many here I wonder sometimes if I'll see my son grow up (having health issues and having had him at 35....I know I likely will, but it's on my mind)....and groups of men laughing can put me on high alert, even when I know it's irrational.

I'm squeamish...so the sight of blood, or even discussion of things bloody or medical that gets too detailed can make me feel light-headed and I get that "seeing in black and white, ears ringing, I'm going to pass out" feeling. It's not a fear exactly, but still something I avoid like crazy.

Venus007 11-22-2010 01:01 AM

Biggest fears

Loosing the ability to be self determining in my life

Becoming a prisoner in my body

Forgetting all I have fought for and learned and relapsing/regressing to my broken past

Being homeless (it has been nearly 20 years since I was homeless and I still keep an eye out for safe places to sleep and shower)

Diva 11-22-2010 02:22 AM

When I was little ~ about 5, I guess ~ my Mom put me in swimming lessons. At one point, we were supposed to open our eyes under water and be able to tell the instructor how many fingers he held under the water. I just kept guessing....wrong, of course. And finally, he pushed my head underwater until I would open my eyes.

I jumped out of that pool and never went back.

From that point on, I was scared of the water. When I was in college, I had to pass a swimming test in order to graduate. :| I failed the test repeatedly, so I had to take a semester of swimming. I learned the basics, but I still couldn't open my eyes underwater.

In 1991, I went to New Braunfels with a bunch of women. We were gonna inner-tube down the Guadalupe. I thought I could do this. Yes, I was scared.

Well....as luck would have it, I didn't paddle to the banks when I was supposed to and my partner and I got swept into the rapids and sucked under.

Long story short (right), I almost drowned. I was pulled to safety by a couple of paramedics who just happened to be close-by.

I'm terrified of drowning. And I'm a Pisces.....sign of The Fish. Go figure.