Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SMOKERS... LETS KICK the HABIT!! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2446)

gaea 05-31-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 349864)
*hugs*

You keep being stubborn gaea. You're doing brilliantly. I'm pleased to hear that folks are supporting you and allowing you your tantrums. No, I don't believe it is wrong to want someone to hold your hand, I wish I could do just that for you.

Keep the faith, you can do it!

Trust me Im doing this, even through the tantrums and tears...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillith (Post 349878)
Firstly, congratulations to everyone who has quit whether it has been a hour or 10 years.
Gaea – I totally get what you mean about dealing with emotions. The first two months were the most shit-tastic experience of my life. Having a dry birth was less hard than this. I think that it is too important to do this to feel like you have to do it alone. I will pm you my number, and you can text or call if you want.
Ms. Meander – East some of that chocolate, girl! You deserve it! Congratulations!

My Story:
Smoking was my last great vice, and I smoked for 20 years. About 3 months ago, I developed pneumonia, and was out for about a week. During the course of the week, I slept and didn't really wake up to eat or use the restroom, much less smoke. When I was finally awake enough, I decided it was time to quit. I am the kind of person that if you take away my addiction, then it will be worse than what it needs to be. I kept a pack of cigarettes on my nightstand, and gave myself permission to smoke only if I need to. After the week of not smoking, I pulled on out of the pack, and left it on my nightstand with the same permission as above. It stayed there for two weeks, and I threw it away. Don’t get me wrong, I know I was lucky because I got to sleep through the worst part of the physical addiction, but I was in the middle of my last semester, in an unhealthy relationship, and having to fight with a professor who was trying to bully me into quitting. I never in my life wanted to say fuck it, gimme a smoke. Everyday for about a month I wished I had a cigarette. The toughest part, I think, is living with people who still smoke. The smell sits in my mouth like some explosive chemical reaction, and leaves my tongue feeling rough and abrasive against my soft palate. And so, three months later, I still want to smoke. I don’t think that feeling will ever go away completely, but I know that today is easier than yesterday and tomorrow will be easier than today.

Ok I'm week 7 plus a day nearing the 2 mos mark...and although i have a ton of support there are moments i feel more alone than what i have no clue just alone...and scared outa my mind about the whole thing...after 23 yrs can i make this quit stick?

gaea 05-31-2011 06:38 PM

Can we post

Video's in this thread? like helpful ones?

Glenn 05-31-2011 09:24 PM

Update: Smoking outside only... Not in the house.

gaea 06-01-2011 02:52 PM

ok all the great advice about how things pass listen lol I did. and I will continue to listen that's my advice.

one bad day poured into a really good one thus far.

duffel the heels in and not giving up on me.

OS Butch 06-01-2011 09:17 PM

Good evening quitters:) That is suppose to be funny:)

I am on the end of day 2 of my quit smoking forever this time. I have been smoking for 35 years...I have tried to stop too many times to count. My quitting got to be a joke because I have tried so many times...I quit smoking every night. I have gotten really good at quitting since I have done it so much!

The best part for being successful this time is that I am not at home.I will be away for 2 weeks and surrounded by non smokers. As long as I am not near it, I don't think I will be tempted. Hopefully those here will be OK with any uncharacteristic temper tantrums that may occur.

I am adding all my support to those here that need it to to end this habit.

Have a great smoke free evening:)

OSB

OS Butch 06-01-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa (Post 350161)
Update: Smoking outside only... Not in the house.

I have done that for 35 years. I don't like the stale smell of cigarettes in my home....how weird was that. I also started dining in non smoking restaurants about 10 years ago. I hate being around smoking while I am eating.

OSB

gaea 06-01-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS Butch (Post 350732)
Good evening quitters:) That is suppose to be funny:)

I am on the end of day 2 of my quit smoking forever this time. I have been smoking for 35 years...I have tried to stop too many times to count. My quitting got to be a joke because I have tried so many times...I quit smoking every night. I have gotten really good at quitting since I have done it so much!

The best part for being successful this time is that I am not at home.I will be away for 2 weeks and surrounded by non smokers. As long as I am not near it, I don't think I will be tempted. Hopefully those here will be OK with any uncharacteristic temper tantrums that may occur.

I am adding all my support to those here that need it to to end this habit.

Have a great smoke free evening:)

OSB

Good for you....i too am here for support even though i have had my own bad days lol there is a ton of support in this thread .

digging my :blueheels: in ..

OS Butch 06-02-2011 06:25 AM

Good morning on my day 3.

I find that changing my usual habits helps me not auto trigger a smoke. Usually my day starts with a morning cup of coffee and a smoke outside on my back screened porch. Today, since I am away from home, it is coffee with conversations with family. The craving is there, but the distraction is working pretty well.

Thanks for being here!

OSB

gaea 06-02-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS Butch (Post 350864)
Good morning on my day 3.

I find that changing my usual habits helps me not auto trigger a smoke. Usually my day starts with a morning cup of coffee and a smoke outside on my back screened porch. Today, since I am away from home, it is coffee with conversations with family. The craving is there, but the distraction is working pretty well.

Thanks for being here!

OSB

OSB,

while your away from home this will work, after you get home you will want to maintain as much as your regular routine as possible and here is why...those of us that have many times in the past chose to stop smoking often would change our routines so drastically it would cause confusion an upset this is a fact...and we often failed (using we as a general term) ...this is fact..

This time for me i kept my routines and it working i still hang out with my friends and do the things i do only now i have added working out into my routine.

If you make changes to your routines they should be small and barely noticeable...

ps i still take my coffee in the same place i took it before i quit...just saying..

Still Digging her :blueheels: in

OS Butch 06-02-2011 11:07 AM

I do agree with making little changes...For instance, still having my coffee out on the porch but in a different chair. The point for me is to avoid the automatic triggers....The one that will be the hardest is driving with a smoke. I won't be driving much in the next 10 days, so that helps...I also avoid going into 7-11....There has only been 1 reason for me to go into a 7-11!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaea (Post 350898)
OSB,

while your away from home this will work, after you get home you will want to maintain as much as your regular routine as possible and here is why...those of us that have many times in the past chose to stop smoking often would change our routines so drastically it would cause confusion an upset this is a fact...and we often failed (using we as a general term) ...this is fact..

This time for me i kept my routines and it working i still hang out with my friends and do the things i do only now i have added working out into my routine.

If you make changes to your routines they should be small and barely noticeable...

ps i still take my coffee in the same place i took it before i quit...just saying..

Still Digging her :blueheels: in

Daktari 06-02-2011 03:43 PM

Go you OS Butch...you can do it. If you read back I am the example of what can happen if you don't get wise and give up. You do not wanna be where I am with the equivalent of one lung left which will never get better. :|

Internet and smokes are what were one of my hardest habits to break and post food cigs. They were killers to move past....but I did. I kept my routines the same too gaea and went to the same coffee shop with my smoking mates - even continued going outside with them when they smoked for a goodly while. Still visited my buddy round the corner who I'd smoked joints for years with but just changed over to a bong. I Still go to the same parties with all the smokers around. I didn't want to change those things, that would have meant I wasn't living my life as I like it.

Wishing you lots of luck in breaking the habits whilst you're away OS Butch.

OS Butch 06-02-2011 05:32 PM

I certainly won't change my friends....They didn't dump me because I smoked. Funny thing is that I only have one other friend that smokes, so being around my friends doesn't present temptations!

Thanks Incubus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incubus (Post 351037)
Go you OS Butch...you can do it. If you read back I am the example of what can happen if you don't get wise and give up. You do not wanna be where I am with the equivalent of one lung left which will never get better. :|

Internet and smokes are what were one of my hardest habits to break and post food cigs. They were killers to move past....but I did. I kept my routines the same too gaea and went to the same coffee shop with my smoking mates - even continued going outside with them when they smoked for a goodly while. Still visited my buddy round the corner who I'd smoked joints for years with but just changed over to a bong. I Still go to the same parties with all the smokers around. I didn't want to change those things, that would have meant I wasn't living my life as I like it.

Wishing you lots of luck in breaking the habits whilst you're away OS Butch.

Nat 06-02-2011 05:41 PM

I'm going on about 26 hours without a cig and I wanna break something and then eat it! :)

OS Butch 06-02-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nat (Post 351132)
I'm going on about 26 hours without a cig and I wanna break something and then eat it! :)

Been there Nat...About 36 hours ago. They say the 1st week is the hardest....The first 3 days are the killer. Go ahead, break something, I won't tell a soul.

DapperButch 06-02-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Meander (Post 349623)
Holiday weekends are filled with temptation and opportunity.

I admit, I succumbed. Only a little bit, and I don't consider my efforts ruined. I am right back on track this morning.

I really didn't want to come here and share this but I'd rather be honest and shame-faced, then dishonestly accept kudos I don't quite deserve.

SO - fresh start this morning. All is well. So far, so good. I hope everyone else fared the weekend better than I!

Well, I think you deserve kudos for coming in here and being honest about it. But, just like you said, back on track!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaea (Post 349802)
I have been ten minutes from buying a pack for the last week...this so major freaking sucks...someone said maybe its my cycle interfering with my psyche ...UGH..

Honesty...I wanna scream and have a tantrum...I wanna cry i think i already did this morning. This will pass though it always does.

Honesty....I refuse to break...im stubborn that way...besides i don't like the flippen withdrawals they suck big time..

I know this is easier than im making it sound..and i love and adore those that have allowed me my tantrums and fits..

Honesty....I want someone to hold my hand through this..is that so bad?

No, not at all. It is normal.

Incubus has it correct...you are on the hump right now....you will get over to the other side. Keep fighting!

DapperButch 06-02-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Woo Hoo! Keep it up! Keep it up!

OS Butch 06-03-2011 06:06 AM

Day 4 of my success:) Craving are bad and I so do want to eat everything in site. Good thing I have a very busy day and weekend ahead.

I find keeping busy with things that require concentration helps with not thinking about smoking.

Have a great smoke free day and weekend!

OS Butch 06-03-2011 08:53 PM

Oh the cravings! At a festival and every other person is smoking.....I will not bum, I will not bum a cigarette...I will not!

gaea 06-03-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

push through and keep going

Quote:

Originally Posted by OS Butch (Post 351872)
Oh the cravings! At a festival and every other person is smoking.....I will not bum, I will not bum a cigarette...I will not!

well ok so dont have us all worried now please tell me you didnt...

2 days from 8 weeks in and digging my :blueheels: in...

OS Butch 06-03-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaea (Post 351907)
well ok so dont have us all worried now please tell me you didnt...

2 days from 8 weeks in and digging my :blueheels: in...

I made it through the evening without bumming a cig!

Great for you. Keep them heels diggin'!