Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SMOKERS... LETS KICK the HABIT!! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2446)

Shay McGee 08-28-2013 01:29 AM

You can do it

I grew angry at the habit after trying over 3 years to quit smoking . I made lists of all the things that I associated with smoking and started separating from them . Then one day I decided to order the e- cig and I bought that gum.
I didn't really like either of my alternatives, but I used them when I wanted a cigarette. One weekend I just lost all desire for them .

Lady Pamela 08-28-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay McGee (Post 838732)
I grew angry at the habit after trying over 3 years to quit smoking . I made lists of all the things that I associated with smoking and started separating from them . Then one day I decided to order the e- cig and I bought that gum.
I didn't really like either of my alternatives, but I used them when I wanted a cigarette. One weekend I just lost all desire for them .

What a gift to you, to have just lost all desire.
I don't know if you realize that or not but it truely is.
So happy that you have chose to not smoke as well.

Lady Pamela 09-04-2013 03:54 AM

19 months smoke free today

Still amazes me and I am so thankful for every day.
Also for all the help along the way.

How is everyone doing today?

DapperButch 09-04-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Pamela (Post 840972)
19 months smoke free today

Still amazes me and I am so thankful for every day.
Also for all the help along the way.

How is everyone doing today?

A-Ok. Still have cravings though. No doubt I always will!

macele 09-04-2013 07:22 AM

15 months today for me. that's wonderful. but now i've got to do something with all this big booty! lol

smoking and overeating will both kill you. just takes time.

i'm happy for all those who have quit and continue to not smoke. and those who want to quit, ... you can do it. yes you can.

Queenie 09-04-2013 08:01 AM

Here in London a pack of Marlboro's sell for around £8.00. That is I think around $10.00 or $11.00? So, because of that I have stopped smoking for I think the 12th time? I need to STOP! I just don't have the money to buy em any longer. In a normal week I would smoke about half a carton.
My reasons for why I smoke are:
  • I am a addict. I like to take and smoke things that maybe I shouldn't.
  • I am always in a lot of pain from my back.
  • I am a bored house wife.
So, at the moment I haven't had a smoke in a week. I did the patch for 4 days and then I moved onto a nicotine inhaler. I would really love any advice on how I can continue to not smoke.

Daktari 09-04-2013 09:39 AM

macele...it's taken 3 and half years to lose the giving up smoking/hitting man-0-pause weight.

Queenie...lot's of gritting yer teefs and just gettin' on with it is what works. We make it hard for ourselves by thinking we're missing something instead of working on how positive it is that we're not smoking For Today! If it gets real hard you break the day down into more manageable chunks. It's easier to consider not smoking for an hour or half hour, 5 minutes if it's that bad.

Strong cravings you just have to ride out. Lots of deep breathing and distraction is need at those times.

3 and half years not smoking and counting...still get the odd craving and as Dapper says, probably always will. I'm alright with that though.

18months sober
17 months clean

DapperButch 09-04-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daktari (Post 841027)
18months sober
17 months clean

Congrats on this too!

Lady Pamela 09-04-2013 10:45 PM

WAY TO GO! THAT'S AWESOME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by macele (Post 840998)
15 months today for me. that's wonderful. but now i've got to do something with all this big booty! lol

smoking and overeating will both kill you. just takes time.

i'm happy for all those who have quit and continue to not smoke. and those who want to quit, ... you can do it. yes you can.

Lady Pamela 09-04-2013 10:47 PM

kEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..THATS AWESOME!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daktari (Post 841027)
macele...it's taken 3 and half years to lose the giving up smoking/hitting man-0-pause weight.

Queenie...lot's of gritting yer teefs and just gettin' on with it is what works. We make it hard for ourselves by thinking we're missing something instead of working on how positive it is that we're not smoking For Today! If it gets real hard you break the day down into more manageable chunks. It's easier to consider not smoking for an hour or half hour, 5 minutes if it's that bad.

Strong cravings you just have to ride out. Lots of deep breathing and distraction is need at those times.

3 and half years not smoking and counting...still get the odd craving and as Dapper says, probably always will. I'm alright with that though.

18months sober
17 months clean

Lady Pamela 09-04-2013 10:50 PM

cONGRATS FIRST OF ALL..GREAT CHOICE!
If you read through the thread there are tons of great ideas on how to stop smoking..Ones that have helped me alot.
Not to mention great support.

Keep it going..It gets easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queenie (Post 841006)
Here in London a pack of Marlboro's sell for around £8.00. That is I think around $10.00 or $11.00? So, because of that I have stopped smoking for I think the 12th time? I need to STOP! I just don't have the money to buy em any longer. In a normal week I would smoke about half a carton.
My reasons for why I smoke are:
  • I am a addict. I like to take and smoke things that maybe I shouldn't.
  • I am always in a lot of pain from my back.
  • I am a bored house wife.
So, at the moment I haven't had a smoke in a week. I did the patch for 4 days and then I moved onto a nicotine inhaler. I would really love any advice on how I can continue to not smoke.

Lady Pamela 09-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 840992)
A-Ok. Still have cravings though. No doubt I always will!

Yes the cravings suck but your doing incredible and are such a wonderful strength to those doing the same.
Thank you for that.
And keep on keepin on...smiles

Glenn 09-08-2013 03:18 PM

just checking in with my yearly account here

am still struggling .. I've only managed this past year to cut down from two packs a day, to one pack a day, because it has been too hard to quit cold turkey. I will need to implement a better plan to cut down even more this year... so I've decided that even though I may gain weight, it is better to cut down..via..eating more food I like instead of smoking a cigarette, ice-cream, candy, long hot epsom salt baths, death mantras, prayers, etc. will report back next year if I'm not dead..

Lady Pamela 10-07-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 842283)
am still struggling .. I've only managed this past year to cut down from two packs a day, to one pack a day, because it has been too hard to quit cold turkey. I will need to implement a better plan to cut down even more this year... so I've decided that even though I may gain weight, it is better to cut down..via..eating more food I like instead of smoking a cigarette, ice-cream, candy, long hot epsom salt baths, death mantras, prayers, etc. will report back next year if I'm not dead..

I suggest reading this thread all the way through..tons of wonderful ideas...Also cut the tips off your smokes and then slowly decrease 1 at a time...if that is the way you choose.
Or get a vapor ciggarret to smoke half and half smokes untill finally that is all your smoking.

Some can not do it cold turkey..first rule of thumb is dont kick yourself down.
You invested years into creating this addiction...If you can't go cold turkey..Then invest a few months in doing things to stop it...there are no rules.

But seriously read this thread.

Good luck.

Lady Pamela 10-07-2013 11:18 PM

I wasn't here on the 4th but it was my 20th month smoke free.
I found it awesome that when I returned, I found messages to congratulate me even while I was gone.
Ya all rock!

Thank you so much!

Nat 10-08-2013 12:16 AM

I had mostly quit before the reunion but I believe my last cig was the morning of the femme swap at the reunion. I've craved one all week, but I withstood it - even today when one was offered to me.

Lady Pamela 10-10-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nat (Post 852196)
I had mostly quit before the reunion but I believe my last cig was the morning of the femme swap at the reunion. I've craved one all week, but I withstood it - even today when one was offered to me.

Way excited for you!
Keep it up. It is so worth the hard times.
Proud of you.

macele 10-11-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nat (Post 852196)

hey nat. i don't know how much you smoked a day, or for how long, or if you've ever quit before and started back, ... but we don't realize how great it will make us feel. the great can't be relayed, ... you have to feel it for yourself. your body will thank you.

i wish you lots of willpower.

Queenie 10-11-2013 11:56 AM

Next week it will mark two month since I have had a smoke. I feel really fab about being able to stop smoking for two whole months! And its nice having more money in my bank account!

DapperButch 10-11-2013 01:24 PM

Keep it up, Nat and Queenie! It feels great on the other side!