Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Pics In Post (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3978)

cuddlyfemme 10-10-2011 01:29 PM

Pics In Post

How do you post a picture in a post? I looked at the little postcard looking thingy but it says I have to give a url?? Inquiring minds and all that stuff :)

Chancie 10-10-2011 01:36 PM

If there is an image you want to post, right click and select properties.

You will be able to highlight, copy and paste the URL.

You don't need the URL for the whole page, just where the image lives.

You might already know this, but

You can preview your post to make sure it looks like what you expected.

If you want to post one of your own images, like a photo,

Save your photo at photobucket, and 'share' it the same way.

:tea:

cuddlyfemme 10-10-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancie (Post 435019)
If there is an image you want to post, right click and select properties.

You will be able to highlight, copy and paste the URL.

You don't need the URL for the whole page, just where the image lives.

You might already know this, but

You can preview your post to make sure it looks like what you expected.

If you want to post one of your own images, like a photo,

Save your photo at photobucket, and 'share' it the same way.

:tea:

Thank you very much!

willow 10-29-2011 09:34 AM

Finally!

It's only taken me most of the day but I now have photobucket with pics on there and everything! And I resized (eventually) so as not to scare anyone :|

sharonsuburbia 08-16-2012 01:25 AM

pics

my pics kinda are gone -granted tehy were old - how do i update 0 sorry i am all thumbs in tech stuff:glasses:

Linus 08-16-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonsuburbia (Post 633456)
my pics kinda are gone -granted tehy were old - how do i update 0 sorry i am all thumbs in tech stuff:glasses:

Do you mean the gallery? If so, then read this: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5431

willow 09-08-2012 06:18 AM

Hoping someone can help

I have just switched from chrome to firefox and can no longer shortcut posting pictures by right clicking on the image and cut/pasting into my little mountain icon box. Does anyone know if there is a way to do it in firefox without using photobucket or something like? Not sure I even remember my photobucket password -_-

If you can help then please be advised, I require very simple instructions. :glasses:

willow 09-08-2012 06:24 AM

Erm..... nevermind

After fiddling and poking things *forever* (ok not forever but a while!) I give one more thing a try and get it, right after I posted above.

Sorry folks.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hello-kitty/blush.gif

Nomad 09-09-2012 06:54 AM

hiya genius tech types. i just got me hands on one o' them iPad2 thingys and in order to prove my general stoopidity i cant post youtube or pics in any of the forums which might be a relief to others but is pretty frustrating to me. anyone got a bigger clue than me? mucho thanksalot!

Linus 09-09-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 650041)
hiya genius tech types. i just got me hands on one o' them iPad2 thingys and in order to prove my general stoopidity i cant post youtube or pics in any of the forums which might be a relief to others but is pretty frustrating to me. anyone got a bigger clue than me? mucho thanksalot!

How are you attempting to post these? Are you missing icons?

Remember that there are limitations as far as what the iPads can use (e.g., no Flash, no java, etc.) and that may limit your experience here.

Nomad 09-09-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 650201)
How are you attempting to post these? Are you missing icons?

Remember that there are limitations as far as what the iPads can use (e.g., no Flash, no java, etc.) and that may limit your experience here.

whoa whoa there! stop with the fancy words now! i'm not flashing anyone and i've had coffee but i still cant post using the YouTube button and the IMG button the way i used to when i had my trusty old laptop. (i'm not missing any icons btw. i can see and click on them all.) that laptop mighta been held together with a rubber band and some gorilla glue but it didnt give me any guff when i pounded on the keys either! this iPadishness is so sensitive and pristine and perfect and shiny that i feel like i'm talking smut to a :rabbi: every time i use it! and mysterious! whew! i can barely get my mail.

so whatchersayin is that i was better off before my attempt to embrace the 21st century?

Strappie 09-09-2012 10:32 AM

REMINDER TO ALL PICTURE POSTERS:

When posting a picture in a Thread.. PREVIEW before POSTING IT...

If it is too large you can go back and change the size before posting it. There is NOTHING more annoying than a picture that takes up the entire screen and then some. Not to mention it's pisses the ADMINS right off.

Linus 09-09-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 650214)
whoa whoa there! stop with the fancy words now! i'm not flashing anyone and i've had coffee but i still cant post using the YouTube button and the IMG button the way i used to when i had my trusty old laptop. (i'm not missing any icons btw. i can see and click on them all.) that laptop mighta been held together with a rubber band and some gorilla glue but it didnt give me any guff when i pounded on the keys either! this iPadishness is so sensitive and pristine and perfect and shiny that i feel like i'm talking smut to a :rabbi: every time i use it! and mysterious! whew! i can barely get my mail.

so whatchersayin is that i was better off before my attempt to embrace the 21st century?

The way to post pictures or youtube is the following:

1. Choose either the Post Reply button or Quote button.
2. Click into the post editing box
3. Then click on either the Youtube or Picture icons. This will be either the IMG or Youtube tags into the editing box
4. Between the tags (they look like this [IMG] and [\IMG] or [YOUTUBE] and [\YOUTUBE]) put either the image address or the youtube video identifier like you would have when it'd pop up.

Nomad 09-09-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 650222)
The way to post pictures or youtube is the following:

1. Choose either the Post Reply button or Quote button.
2. Click into the post editing box
3. Then click on either the Youtube or Picture icons. This will be either the IMG or Youtube tags into the editing box
4. Between the tags (they look like this [IMG] and [\IMG] or [YOUTUBE] and [\YOUTUBE]) put either the image address or the youtube video identifier like you would have when it'd pop up.

thanks. that's what i did before i switched from PC to Apple. guess my ignorance about the incompatibility between Flash and iPad means no video posting for me. images though. dont really understand why they wont post just as before. must be the other thing? Java?

clay 09-09-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strappie (Post 650217)
REMINDER TO ALL PICTURE POSTERS:

When posting a picture in a Thread.. PREVIEW before POSTING IT...

If it is too large you can go back and change the size before posting it. There is NOTHING more annoying than a picture that takes up the entire screen and then some. Not to mention it's pisses the ADMINS right off.

Thanks for this reminder, Strappie!!!
When a post with a really BIG picture is "quoted", is there a way to "delete" said pic, so that every post, which sometimes, runs in to several, doesn't use that huge pic repeatedly? Thanks....

Linus 09-09-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 650237)
thanks. that's what i did before i switched from PC to Apple. guess my ignorance about the incompatibility between Flash and iPad means no video posting for me. images though. dont really understand why they wont post just as before. must be the other thing? Java?

No. Because I can do it on my iPad. So not sure what it is that you are doing that is preventing it.

Nomad 09-09-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linus (Post 650242)
No. Because I can do it on my iPad. So not sure what it is that you are doing that is preventing it.

of course you can. because you're you. there's probably not a computer on the planet you cant whip into shape. :D i'll go and experiment sommore and stop botherin ya! thanks again!

pamcat 12-24-2012 06:58 AM

Hi there, can someone help me? When am I able to post pictures and attachments? My profile status says I'm not allowed to, and I'm guessing it has something to do with my membership level. What stage do I have to be at before I can do this? Any info will be gratefully received as I can't find anywhere that explains this, many thanks
:confused:

Tye 12-26-2012 11:14 PM

I was wondering same thing as Pamcat,I cant find anything on my profile where it says I can load a pic to my profile? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

Corkey 12-26-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tye (Post 723560)
I was wondering same thing as Pamcat,I cant find anything on my profile where it says I can load a pic to my profile? Any help would be appreciated,thanks.

See over there
<----- says gallery? In your profile>>>> Click that, then download your pic to your gallery following the site perimeters.