Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hobbies, Crafts, Interests (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   For the love of a spork! All things gadgety! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255)

Jess 11-13-2009 03:32 PM

For the love of a spork! All things gadgety!

In the past year or so I have become somewhat enamored by certain lil life saving or at least time saving ( back saving, etc.) gadgets.
I figured some other folks out there probably have precious lil tools that they just can't live without and it would be cool to turn each other on to the latest in electronics, hardware, etc.

My two newest and mostest favorite are A) The Hammerhead automatic hammmer made by craftsman. It is absolutely fantastic for doing crown molding and other projects where having a free hand is necessary! The next is B) the lights that either attach to a cap or wear as a headband. I use it for everything from lighting up the lines I need to follow with a jig / scroll saw to walking the dogs at night! Having two dogs on leashes doesn't allow for a flashlight, so the headlamp is great!

What do you guys have? I'm always looking for new handy/ fun things to work with or play with!

christie 11-13-2009 03:53 PM

*pokes my Daddy* Why's it gotta be "what do you GUYS have"??!?!?!? Girls, as you know perfectly well, enjoy tools, gadgets, and all things home reno related!

:p I know what you meant, just giving you hell.

Your lil handy, dandy homodepot lovin' girl

Jess 11-13-2009 08:56 PM

see now.. this is how all things unrelated start... I "could" have put this in the "butches" thread, but I purposefully did not, coz I knowssssss my girl is a handy dandy mizz wizard with some power tools.
I adore you and your affinity toward gadgetry.. so, tell me purdy lady.. whatchu got???? GIMME!

christie 11-13-2009 09:03 PM

i think the best gadgety things we have belong in another thread! *wink*

Tommi 11-13-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christie0918 (Post 4965)
i think the best gadgety things we have belong in another thread! *wink*

Ahem...you mean over there---->:fuck:

I was watching NCIS and Dinozzo freaked out when one of those flat robot vacuum cleaner things circled out from under a couch. It goes and goes and goes, hits something and turns and goes another direction.

I have hardwood floor that breed dust over night , and of course there are the two fuzzy furpurrs that fly around the house.

Does anyone have one? Know someone that has one? It might drive my two cats up the their cat trees all day though.

I DO Want that hammer...

Trishagee 11-13-2009 09:49 PM

Love Gadgets!

I am ready to purchase a Kindle (sp?) but am reading about the one Sony put out for much less, difference is that the Kindle seems to have wifi, and the Sony version is similar to my Ipod, just plug and download... would love to hear from people who have both and their opinions before I buy one.

Tommi 11-13-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishagee (Post 4987)
I am ready to purchase a Kindle (sp?) but am reading about the one Sony put out for much less, difference is that the Kindle seems to have wifi, and the Sony version is similar to my Ipod, just plug and download... would love to hear from people who have both and their opinions before I buy one.

I have seen the Sony ads recently, and know the Kindle has been out a while.

and Amazon.com has it on a lot of the Book Pages. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=amb_link_85978291_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_r d_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=04XVQNHXJ9HAK348AQAH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =498747991&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation): Kindle Store[/ame]

..Don't have either one. My girl reads to me , and I don't have to worry about her being charged. She is always on..:D

Tommi 11-13-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhammer (Post 4992)
I love tools and gadgets.

I picked this up http://www.countycomm.com/microhook.htm

Had to have it, I carry it on my keys.
I have no reason to have it, but its mine. :nixon:

Someday I will need it and it will be the apex of cool.

:shocking: I had no idea you two were spies... now, I get it.Danger is in the midst of us..or at least, could be in your travels. I HAVE SEEEENNNN the Dusa Steamer Trunks, and dead Bellman......

Watched the gadget video ..It IS damn kewl.

Tommi 11-13-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhammer (Post 5010)

Thanks Jack,

Just added Sears to my to do tomorrow list.AWESOME for my tool collection.:cool:

girl_dee 11-14-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trishagee (Post 4987)

Barnes and Nobles has one too... have you seen it?

I'mOneToo 11-14-2009 02:18 AM

Every gadget I've acquired has become lost at some point, except for my trusty mini Swiss army knife. It gets used nearly every day. Hope I don't lose it but now I've probably cursed it, dammit.

JustLovelyJenn 11-14-2009 02:41 AM

My dad has some sort of odd obsession with having tools he never uses... so I just use them when hes not looking. *bats eyelashes*

but honestly... my "i just cant live without" things are still duct tape and zip ties... *shrugs*

Jess 11-14-2009 07:07 AM

I love the micro hook! I must have one and be apexy cool too now!
Yes, that's the hammerhead Jack! < insert lil MC Hammerhead dance here>
They also have a pretty snazzy multi-tool that has attachments for cutting stuff etc.
My newest obsession is a sliding double compound miter saw. No more flipping the crown to get the right cuts! Although the missy elliot song about crown molding was hot.."put the crown down flip it and reverse it ".. That WAS about home repair wasn't it? It's got a great beat and I can dance to it!

The gadgets in "another thread" can also be found at homo depot. The plumbing section has a wonderful little "funny pipe" as I recall. :spank:

Keep the gadgets coming!

Tommi 11-14-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mOneToo (Post 5113)
Every gadget I've acquired has become lost at some point, except for my trusty mini Swiss army knife. It gets used nearly every day. Hope I don't lose it but now I've probably cursed it, dammit.

My Ex and her partner went to Switzerland last year, and bought me a wonderful Swiss Army Knife. It remains wonderful, as I can't figure how the hecka to open it.

christie 11-14-2009 07:16 AM

Just for the record, there is NOTHING funny about the "funny pipe" except maybe some :perv: moments.

Does anyone have a Dogie Doolie? Its on the list to purchase but I wanted to ask of anyone's experience with it? Like it? Love it? Couldn't live without it? Don't waste the $?

Jack... just how many trip wires do you encounter that you might need that grappling hook thingy? LOL

NJFemmie 11-14-2009 07:19 AM

There is no practical reason why I want these - other than the fact I just do! (hey, you never know when they can come in handy....)

Legendryder 11-14-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christie0918 (Post 5154)
Just for the record, there is NOTHING funny about the "funny pipe" except maybe some :perv: moments.

Does anyone have a Dogie Doolie? Its on the list to purchase but I wanted to ask of anyone's experience with it? Like it? Love it? Couldn't live without it? Don't waste the $?

Jack... just how many trip wires do you encounter that you might need that grappling hook thingy? LOL

I had one of those Dogie Doolies in a house I rented. It was killed by the lawn mower. RIP Dogie Doolie.

Jess 11-14-2009 07:29 AM

ok.. the goggles go on the list too.. I can use them to spot the landmines that need to go into the dooley!

Whats the best lawnmower attachment for getting apples up with? :lawnmower:
Currently I just smash em... we'll be better set to can some next year... the handy girl makes some kick ass applebutter! mmmm