Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Voice... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964)

tribalwomon 03-05-2010 04:57 PM

Voice...

Just got off the phone ..with someone on TAGGED.....she gave me her phone number.. to call her...after a few emails..I called her..it was very unnerving...the silences....My voice..always seems to bother ... the wimmin I talk to...It is now painful for me to talk to strangers....afraid of the reactions...I used to love ...the sound of my voice....now ..I'm very uncertain....Been thinking of ways to change it...But then..I wouldn't be me....Irene

The_Lady_Snow 03-05-2010 04:59 PM

Curious, what is wrong with your voice.?

sweetcali 03-05-2010 05:03 PM

Huh???

sweetcali

Apocalipstic 03-05-2010 05:17 PM

Sorry you feel weird!

Rockinonahigh 03-05-2010 06:44 PM

You shouldnt ever have to change any part of who u r for any reason,I dont know what is wrong with the world to day.One thing I have noticed is ppl r becomeing way more careful becaues of on line probs(not saying u r at all) lots has been put on the TV about being careful.
I have much of the same prob cause I have a deep male voice that many think im my son unless they have spoken to me a fue times on the phone.

tribalwomon 03-05-2010 09:32 PM

my voice

My voice is very young sounding....I'm 55...I'm told all the time my voice doesn't fit me.....it's soft...girlish....i'm a womon of color(black-japanese)...no cussing..no slang..But if they would just get to know me...the voice does fit me...I'm different...I need to find more black wimmin...who will accept me.. my little girl..persona...so i'm just being silly...My friend triffany.. she is a black lesbian..she accepts me...my BFF......so maybe..I will find others...

The_Lady_Snow 03-05-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalwomon (Post 61588)
My voice is very young sounding....I'm 55...I'm told all the time my voice doesn't fit me.....it's soft...girlish....i'm a womon of color(black-japanese)...no cussing..no slang..But if they would just get to know me...the voice does fit me...I'm different...I need to find more black wimmin...who will accept me.. my little girl..persona...so i'm just being silly...My friend triffany.. she is a black lesbian..she accepts me...my BFF......so maybe..I will find others...

Tribal...

You are unique, and no one should tell you how to talk, act, dress, be, find yourself an inner circle that accepts you for the person you are...

Welcome to the Planet!

Diva 03-05-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalwomon (Post 61469)
Just got off the phone ..with someone on TAGGED.....she gave me her phone number.. to call her...after a few emails..I called her..it was very unnerving...the silences....My voice..always seems to bother ... the wimmin I talk to...It is now painful for me to talk to strangers....afraid of the reactions...I used to love ...the sound of my voice....now ..I'm very uncertain....Been thinking of ways to change it...But then..I wouldn't be me....Irene

Sweet Irene....

The problem is CLEARLY not YOURS, my darling......it is THEIR problem. Don't let the timbre of Your voice keep You from reaching out to anyone You wish!

And You said it best.....if You forced change in Your voice, You wouldn't be You.....<smile>

And there You have it!

:sparklyheart:

amiyesiam 03-05-2010 11:00 PM

Hi and welcome!

sweetcali 03-06-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Yeah what they said!!!!

sweetcali

Gryph 03-07-2010 06:26 PM

My girl doesn't sound her age either and she is 51, quite honestly I love that about her! She sounds so sexy and(to me) looks just as sexy. Part of the whole package was the sexy voice to go along with a wonderful woman and girl.

Take heart, don't let those who have no class get ya down, after all its their loss, not yours.

Bit 03-07-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Oh honey! My heart just goes out to you!

Okay, I don't know anything from tagged or any of the other matchmaking sites, but I DO know that there are plenty of girls here on the Planet, and there are plenty of wonderful partners for us too. Maybe you might consider just hanging around here with us for a while? Post some, read some, make friends?

For me, that worked better than anything else, because I had a chance to talk with people and really get to know them.

Lady Pamela 03-07-2010 09:14 PM

Voice

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribalwomon (Post 61469)

Who you are is beautiful...You are unique and 1 of a kind!
Often on the phone people who call ask if my mom is home...lol
I just laugh at that and say, I am the mom.Can I help you? Smile

But seriously;
In relationships, alot of people actually think a femme voice like that is very sexy..Well in my experience, that is what I have come to know.

Don't change a thing. Own who you are and hold your head high!

JUST BECAUSE YOU HOLD SOMETHING UNIQUE,
DOES NOT MEAN YOU DON'T FIT IN,
OR THAT YOUR NOT PART OF THIS BIG PUZZLE!
:rose:

http://www.positive-focus.com/galler...DI_NOISSES_PMT

DressyFemme 02-10-2017 12:15 PM

Voice issues....

I was a preemie (1 month early) and was told that there was a problem with the incubator I was in and I developed an acute respiratory infection... so I ended up with a very deep loud voice for life. I was teased about it incessantly in school and it probably played a role in my eating disorder and depression. I used to love to sing and stopped because my dad would sing over me... i kinda gave up. Being an Anglophile and British by birth I found myself using a British accent at work, where as an administrative assistant I was praised for having a good phone voice especially interacting with the elderly. Then we got a new HR rep and suddenly it was noted that I was speaking too loudly and I got put on probation. I literally twisted myself into a pretzel trying to speak less loudly which was quite traumatic. I was eventually fired. I'm now very self conscious about my speaking voice and singing voice. Tried singing in church only to have the minister say he wished he could sing so low. **ack**. I'm seriously considering getting speech therapy... but part of me still loves to sing in the car, wants to say F You to the naysayers, take singing lessons and try out for The Voice someday....? I can dream....