Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Is there life after death? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2452)

moonfemme 12-04-2010 01:12 PM

Is there life after death?

Is there life after death? Discuss. Try not to be religious; I want real-life experiences. Thanx:~)
moonfemme

katsarecool 12-04-2010 02:11 PM

It is my firmly held belief that when you die that is it. Of course the body during the process of breaking down sustains other life forms on this planet. I can live with this belief and have done so for over 40 years. I have some consolation that I along with my parents, grandparents and all other ancestors live on in my children. And I hope they remember me as I remember those that I came from.

lipstixgal 12-04-2010 02:12 PM

I don't think that there is life after death I its a done deal!! my .02 cents I don't know about religion??:blink:

DapperButch 12-04-2010 02:14 PM

Yes, I believe that there is life after death, but no, I have no "real life experiences" I can share on that!

Blade 12-04-2010 02:25 PM

Yes I believe in life after death

Kobi 12-04-2010 03:03 PM

I believe we are essentially spiritual beings
inhabiting and attempting to master a carbon based life form.

I would try and tell you why I believe that,
but some things just defy words. It's in the
feelings, in the unusual experiences....it is
simply a knowing.

Glenn 12-04-2010 03:10 PM

Sure. I saw my friend Fred after he died, and my Grandmother.

Rockinonahigh 12-04-2010 03:15 PM

Yes,I fully beleave there is life after death.I have firm held experences to back it up,those experences scared the bejeasus out of me when they happened..one was when I saw my grannie and several of her deceased friends walking on a public street not far from the greveyard where all of them are burried..in broad daylight.Then a fue years later when a beloved uncle passed I saw/shook hands then had a convo with him in a car lot when I was looking to buy a truck,this was a one of a kin kinda guy that no one colud be mistaken for..this happened two weeks after his death.I went back to see if I was outta my mnd but the manager said there never was anyone but him selling cars..Yeah real spooky.Then his wife my aunt woke one morning and said 'Wally is comeing for me" two hours later she droped dead at my feet.As hard as I tryed to bring her back nothing worked and the corroner said it was like her heart stoped cold,her death certifiacte stated ..death by greif.

JAGG 12-04-2010 03:37 PM

life

Yes there is life after death. I am 100 percent sure , of this I have no doubt. I'm sorry, I can't share how I know this ,it is way too personal. I am not a religous person. I know that before this event, I didn't think there was life after death. I thought that this was it. No one could have convinced me otherwise. I'd hoped maybe there was, but, I highly doubted it.
What exactly there is after this I can't say for sure, but I do know there is something else, and life doesn't end when we die. Sometimes I forget about that event, because I get busy living my life, but then I remember and it feels so good, because no matter what happens in my life, I have that ace in the hole.

JustLovelyJenn 12-04-2010 04:28 PM

Yes, I believe there is life after death. I believe it with all of my being, because I can and have talked with those spirits have left their bodies behind. I have on many occasions been able to sit with someone and tell them things that no one but themselves and the person in question would have been able to know. I have been able to pass on messages that needed to be shared and weren't. I have been able to sooth the living that remain behind because the dead are there, real, and care.

Corkey 12-04-2010 05:02 PM

I have no idea, no one I know has ever come back to say there was. I however will still act like there is, just in case.

Ebon 12-04-2010 05:13 PM

Absolutely. I think that after we die our spiritual bodies have a life review to see what we have learned from our experiences. There is more but BFP doesn't have enough server space for me to continue.

HoneyedChrysanthemum 12-04-2010 05:28 PM

RE: reincarnation

i believe that there has been "life before life" and will be "life after death" (reincarnation). i have a couple of real-time experiences for believing this.
the first concerns my belief as a child and youth that i was a boy. i was not butch or trans-i was simply a boy. i happen to be born a little more than 3 months premature. i also got a shock every time i looked into a mirror and saw this blonde-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned person looking back at me. my conception of my self was of a black-haired, dark-eyed, somewhat dark-skinned boy. my Buddhist Master explained that in their teachings i had "jumped the gulf" too soon, i.e. passed into my next incarnation too soon. i was remembering my self from the last incarnation and had not yet fully incarnated into this incarnation as a girl.
the second concerns my after-death experience. i had had an extremely severe reaction between seafood and medication. according to my dr, i actually was dead for several minutes before they brought me back to this world. i can remember looking down at my body, to which i was connected by a golden cord. according to my Master, if this cord had severed, they would not have been able to bring me back to life here. i would have passed into the next bardo.
those two experiences, plus the teachings of my Masters, have convinced me of the reality of reincarnation.
pres :moonstars:

Kenna 12-04-2010 05:39 PM

For me, if there is, I hope it's a peaceful life - more so than what I've faced in this one - where I get to be with my Great Gramma, my children, my nieces, my brother and other loved ones again. I can't imagine that our souls - spirits aren't connected in some way.

moonfemme 12-04-2010 06:09 PM

thanx everyone :~)

I have had my own personal experiences as well, too many to keep track of. I have studied Metaphysics since I was 11, So let's say... a while... I love hearing the stories and experiences others have had and I do not have enough room here to expound on all I know or The Truth as I know it !!! I am not a Religous person, too much dogma but I am very Spiritual ... That's enough said... Keep sharing :~)

MsDemeanor 12-04-2010 06:43 PM

I don't have a real life experience, as I have not died. That said, when you're dead, you're dead. Done, gone, finito, bye-bye.

princessbelle 12-04-2010 07:18 PM

From my *me* space....

I'll try and make it way shorter than i could.

What happened:

I was 16 and hit head on by a drunk driver who was 20 years old going 80 mph. Through the windshield i go, prior to seatbelt laws. Landed partly on the hood of the car and partly on the road. Parametics did CPR for over 5 minutes. I was dead.

What i remember:

Seeing headlights, feeling and hearing glass. Then, I was laying in tall grass and a man leaning over me saying the Lords Prayer. Looking down at me with the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. Telling me i would "be ok". The peace felt was like no other. No words to describe the feeling of love, completness, happiness, comfort, beauty and joy. He smiled. I smiled and closed my eyes. Then, i heard someone say "i've got a pulse". I was back, paddles still on my chest, and i hurt, and i cried and people were bleeding and oh how i wanted to go back....

....back to that place that was *my* life after death....

I am thankful for that experience. I am thankful i left and thankful i came back. *I* know, without a single doubt, there is life after death. I am thankful...that I know....what a blessing it is.

Lynn 12-04-2010 07:46 PM

My personal belief is that we are spiritual beings, larger and more powerful than our bodies. I believe that we *are* the soul, not that we have a soul, and I believe we are immortal. I have had some personal experiences which lead me to these conclusions, as well as some studies which support my perceptions.

I don't believe that there is a prescribed task or set of activities that one does when he or she leaves her body. That is, to me, as regimented and proscribed as the dogma of religion. I think if you're a nice guy in life, you're always likely to be a nice guy. If you're rotten, you can learn and do better, but you can also continue to be rotten, from lifetime to lifetime. There is a continuity to who one is, body or not. Just because someone has died and is now in a spiritual form, it doesn't mean they are wiser or kinder. But, they may be!

Day to day, I don't thnk about dying or a next life. I experience spirituality more in terms of realizing that I am able to create my life and future, and that my intentions and thoughts can supercede the expectations of others, or even the "rules" of the universe.

TickledPink 12-04-2010 08:40 PM

I simply don't know. I've asked my spiritual pastor, she doesn't know either. I "believe" we all have an energy, the soul, that never dies. When the body dies, the soul takes its own form. Where it goes? I don't know. I'd like to think a much better place. I don't believe there is a hell. I think hell is what we chose or don't chose to live in/with while in our physical bodies.

I can share that my mother was totally non responsive for 2 weeks. Her pastor came to visit and we all held hands around her as he said a prayer. She sat straight up in her bed, clapped her hands, and had the happiest expression I've ever seen on her face. She never spoke another word and died shortly after that. My faith, a bit restored.

The greatest mystery of life is death.

Gemme 12-04-2010 08:50 PM

I believe there is life after death.