Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Talk about your exercise experience today (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6401)

Glenn 04-30-2013 10:38 PM

Since I'll be living near a nature reserve for the next few months, I've been out alot everyday taking long walks through brush in the woods, and along the lagoon at around sunrise, then, I've been biking a few miles along the lake, or through the park, maybe walk on the beach/swim before/at sunset.

puddin' 05-01-2013 06:32 AM

shhhush...

don't tell anaone i actually ride me exercise bike a half hour ever'day... DAT would be exercise! (and we'll have none o' that!)

femmeInterrupted 05-02-2013 08:00 AM

Did a 5km walk yesterday-- way to tired to do the whole 10k after a morning at the hair salon and an afternoon getting the back patio set up and mowing the lawn for the first time in the season! But if felt SO good to be outside and active!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...028_6712_n.jpg

My view at the end of our walk yesterday evening. Awesome to see open water an no ice!!

Planning a hike in the regional forrest for later this afternoon :)

femmeInterrupted 05-02-2013 06:23 PM

Awesome hike!

Did an almost 7km hike in the forest today. It was gorgeous and the hills and uneven terrain added a kick to the work out. It's Trillium season in Ontario :)

https://cameracombo.files.wordpress....rilliums-2.jpg

MissItalianDiva 05-02-2013 06:44 PM

Boot camp this morning that once again kicked my butt. I have enrolled in various boot camps but this man is no mercy and I love it!!! Also did 45 min on the elliptical

MarquisdeShey 05-02-2013 07:31 PM

...Reflection

So, I have been doing power hour kick/boxing going on three months. I never cared for the gym environment but after the first round I was hooked! I went when it hurt, I went when I was too tired, too bitchy, too stressed, up too late the night before...the 'too-s" are endless at times...

Anyway...I have noticed my body slowly changing. But today, as I was throwing my punches I saw my body in motion - the way in which my shoulder muscles flexed and glistened with sweat, my legs becoming defined with each squat, my arms not missing a beat...I smiled at the sweaty mess and realized - Wow, you are beautiful! The strength inside me now showing through my body. What an amazing show! I finished my rounds and before I left I took one last look at myself. I am going back again and again.

So, that's what I got from my workout today. :)

Rockinonahigh 05-03-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissItalianDiva (Post 792592)
Boot camp this morning that once again kicked my butt. I have enrolled in various boot camps but this man is no mercy and I love it!!! Also did 45 min on the elliptical

Wow,you must be super woman,it's all I can to to get a fue minits on it before I give out.If I may be so bold to ask..how long did it take you to be able so spend so much time on the ellipitical?

cinnamongrrl 05-04-2013 05:46 AM

Im on the way to the gym now :) Eliptical and weights...maybe some bike time since I'm really wanting to start mountain biking this year....maybe a zumba class if I'm feeling REALLY brave! lol

tantalizingfemme 05-04-2013 06:02 AM

I started doing the 30 day ab and 100/day push up challenges on facebook. So far today, 25 sit ups, 80 crunches, 15 leg lifts, plank for 20 seconds and 25 push ups.

Later it will be the elliptical for an hour and the rest of the 75 push ups through out the day.

I forgot how much I enjoy feeling sore.

cinnamongrrl 05-04-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 (Post 793267)
Im on the way to the gym now :) Eliptical and weights...maybe some bike time since I'm really wanting to start mountain biking this year....maybe a zumba class if I'm feeling REALLY brave! lol

Zumba wasn't scheduled til 11am :( So I just did about 45 minutes of cardio and a small circuit on the weights; mostly upper body, the eliptical makes my legs feel like jello!! In a good way :hangloose:

Kobi 05-04-2013 09:12 AM

I feel almost guilty for admitting the extent of my exercise plan for today is to sit on the deck, soaking up the sunshine while reading the new Mary Higgins Clark book. I will be sure to turn the pages with gusto and bench-press a few cups of coffee along the way. :)

Mopsie 05-04-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 793354)

I feel almost guilty for admitting the extent of my exercise plan for today is to sit on the deck, soaking up the sunshine while reading the new Mary Higgins Clark book. I will be sure to turn the pages with gusto and bench-press a few cups of coffee along the way. :)

Made me giggle! :)

cinnamongrrl 05-04-2013 10:56 AM

I dont know if this has been previously mentioned, but I've been hearing a lot about this Daily Burn site which provides exercise videos to your computer/tablet/TV etc. I looked into it today and it's only 10 dollars a month. The variety is very good. Dance (like zumba...and others) yoga, kettle bells, and strength training work outs...And right now they are offering a 30 day free trial :)

www.dailyburn.com

Ascot 05-04-2013 11:22 AM

I've yet to head out but I am very much looking forward to the hike I'll be taking with a couple of friends later.

femmeInterrupted 05-04-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobi (Post 793354)

LOL! Awesome :) I spent the morning and early afternoon on the patio with coffee and a book (Scott Turow's Innocent-- The Presumed Innocent Sequel)

Off for a 10km walk now--
Cocktails Later!

fever 05-04-2013 01:16 PM

Different kind of Exercise

My grandkids stayed overnight, so I am picking up clothes, blankets, pillows, dishes, various kinds of mess, calming the cats and dog, and enjoying my son's visit from Osoyoos. Once all my housework is done, I am on my way to Osoyoos for a week.

I miss doing 5 km walks and lots of outdoor stuff. Let's hope I get my new hip this year. It sucks using a walker.

Wryly 05-04-2013 01:55 PM

I've been cleaning house most of the day. My bachelor brother is rather lax in that department so I let it pile up until I get motivated myself. Today has been sweeping and tidying and putting away winter stuff (yay!).
Just finished in the kitchen - in time for him to start dinner!
Now trying to decide if I should do yard work or tackle a bedroom closet!

nycfem 05-04-2013 02:23 PM

I went to the gym today. It was a gorgeous day out weather-wise so the gym was nice and empty.

I did the elliptical for an hour (intensity 30), and then an hour of free weights, abs, yoga, and stretching.

The TV I watched while on the elliptical was baaaddddd. I watched "Bait Car" (oy!), Nancy Grace talking about the Jodi Arias trial, and life for women on Cell Block 6 (note: it's depressing!). Oh, and I watched Tabitha take over a bar (eye roll). I'm sure any of you who watch cable on Saturday afternoons can feel my pain :D

Kätzchen 05-05-2013 02:11 PM

Outside of all the walking I do when I am on my work assignments,
I've been not working out as much as I would like to - especially since I injured a toe on my foot recently. But today, I'm going out with some friends and while we have tentative plans to go out to Sauvies Island, we might end up going down to the beach, because it's so lovely here today.

I kind of hope we do go to the beach - walking on the sand feels good on the feet and hearing the ocean surf is so very relaxing.

Mopsie 05-06-2013 07:09 PM

It was hard to get motivated today - it's very rainy and dreary here... but I went to the gym and walked for 40 minutes. I felt great afterwards! In the future I need to get motivated earlier in the evening - I'm so wound up I can't get to sleep! :|