Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Queerbay - Your ButchFemmePlanet Marketplace! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Holiday Shopping? Shop Local, Shop BF Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2392)

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:24 PM

Holiday Shopping? Shop Local, Shop BF Planet

It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for :present: , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our :greendollar: within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:35 PM

I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.

I'd like to point out one special line - abstract stamped cuffs. They can be stamped with most anything in either lower or upper case. For the Queer Etsy Team fundraiser shop (which benefits the Trevor Project), I stamped one with 'queer' linkyloo . Other fun messages could include 'butch' or 'femme'. Each one is made to order.

katsarecool 11-22-2010 04:41 PM

Your jewelry is amazing and you are a wonderful artist!!!!

As for me, yes I would love customers. I do portraits of people and pets of all kinds. It can be done in watercolor, colored pencil (a much misunderstood medium) and drawing pencils. I use quality media always. For a commission I require 50% down payment and the balance due at the time the customer receives their product.

I require a down payment reluctantly but I did two commissions and the potential buyer never paid for their paintings which I still have.

So yes, I would love some commissions!

Ms Demeanor, this is a great idea and thank you for posting it.

MsDemeanor 11-22-2010 04:53 PM

Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome for the thread. Please don't be reluctant about requesting a deposit, I don't know any artists who do commission work without one.

Do you have some examples of your portraits - especially pets - that you can share?

katsarecool 11-22-2010 05:02 PM

I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine. :)

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 02:20 PM

*bumping for the Tuesday crowd*

JustJo 11-23-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 233252)
I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.

Wow...these are beautiful!

JustJo 11-23-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsarecool (Post 233285)
I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine. :)

Another talented member! (My artistic skills end just past stick figures)

Kats....if we sent you pictures of all of our 4 kitties, could you put them into one portrait?

I know we couldn't take a pic of them that way (cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)... and what do you normally charge?

scootebaby 11-23-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 233991)
Wow...these are beautiful!

could you be more specific? just curious :)

AtLast 11-23-2010 03:16 PM

Great thread! Great idea!

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 233994)
...(cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)...

This made me giggle. I appreciate folks who make me giggle.

Thanks, too, for the beautiful :cheer:

JustJo 11-23-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scootebaby (Post 233999)
could you be more specific? just curious :)

Subtle baby :giggle:

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

:kissy:

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"

lipstixgal 11-23-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 233237)
It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for :present: , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our :greendollar: within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.

Gorgeous stuff I would buy too especially for Hanukkah which I celebrate maybe if I get some money together. And I like the idea of the portraits of my pets too. That would be nice!!

MsDemeanor 11-23-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJo (Post 234035)
Subtle baby :giggle:

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

:kissy:

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"

Those "ands" are just fine :giggle:

The Sugilite stone is dreamy. It's quality stone that I get from a top-notch lapidary buddy up in Oregon. I have a stash of it that I'm keeping for myself :heartbeat:

That garnet ring measures at a 7.5, but it's a skinny band so it would probably fit a slightly larger finger, too (like my size 8 finger). Just sayin.....:winky:

MsDemeanor 11-26-2010 11:51 AM

*bumpity bump bump*

Arwen 11-29-2010 06:33 PM

Great idea. I have a bracelet that I commmissioned from Bowers Jewelry. Can't say enough good things about the quality of the work. Truly one of my favorite pieces.

If you want to give the gift of insight, you can always purchase a reading with me for your friends and family!

PM me if you have questions.

MsDemeanor 11-29-2010 07:11 PM

Thank you :rose:

Gemme 11-29-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 235730)
*bumpity bump bump*

What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather. :)

Arwen 11-29-2010 11:25 PM

C'mon! I know some of our photographers have pictures and cards. Let's hear from everyone that was trying to use Queerbay!

MsDemeanor 11-29-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 237981)
What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather. :)

That's a fun pendant; sadly, it is gone. The Flickr pics include stuff that's sold and stuff that I made for myself; the other link to the Etsy store is what I have available right now, plus there's another dozen or so pieces on my workbench that will be done soon. Everything I make (except those noted as having copper parts) is constructed of sterling silver and fine silver; I never use plated :-)

MsDemeanor 11-29-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwen (Post 238077)
C'mon! I know some of our photographers have pictures and cards. Let's hear from everyone that was trying to use Queerbay!

Yeah, don't make us come find you!!!

MsDemeanor 12-09-2010 12:33 PM

Because Thursdays can suck, I'm having a one day sale - everything in the shop is 10% off until midnight. Don't forget about the BFP2010 discount code for another 10% off the sale price - just 'cause y'all are so special. Linkyloo

:smileyXmasTree:

MickMan 05-15-2011 04:39 PM

Hope I am posting in the right place

I have a shop www.Tortuga-Trading.com

I have some really cool hand made soaps, candles and air fresheners. Also, I currently have the worlds only Gay Hot Sauce!

The website is fairly new and more stuff is being added every day.

Would love feedback on the site and products!

chai~ 11-12-2011 11:19 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Auras-...66526980037500

My page! I create a ton of stuff.
Cards, invitations.
Tu tu's, headbands, ponytail holders.
Charm jars.
Jewlery.

I do custom orders also!

girl_dee 11-13-2011 03:29 PM

nice stuff Chai!

chai~ 11-13-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_dee (Post 463218)
nice stuff Chai!

thank you so much!

VintageFemme 11-13-2011 04:03 PM

I have Christmas cards!

@ my redbubble

[you can click above or on the images below to go right to the cards, or click my signature
to go to the front page of my portfolio where you can find other prints in various formats]

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8...Screenshot.png

Gemme 11-17-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 244193)
Because Thursdays can suck, I'm having a one day sale - everything in the shop is 10% off until midnight. Don't forget about the BFP2010 discount code for another 10% off the sale price - just 'cause y'all are so special. Linkyloo

It's nearly a year later, but do Thursdays still suck and will there be a discount this year for BFP?

I have my eye on something but I'm a big ole cheapo.

Thanks!

chai~ 11-19-2011 10:01 PM

I've changed the prices on my pendents, so they are 33% less that what I usually make them for.

Again, I do custom orders and if something interests you, please let me know so I can figure out what sh/h will be!

Thanks again for looking and happy shopping!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Auras-...66526980037500

chai~ 11-21-2011 09:50 PM

I KNOW there are more creative people out there!!! Show us what you've got!!!!
I've made my list and have checked it twice!!!!!

Strappie 11-21-2011 10:06 PM

Damn, we have some very talented people on BFP!!!

Nice work!!!

chai~ 11-21-2011 10:27 PM

I agree Strappie! They just need to show their stuff!!!

MsDemeanor 11-21-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 466718)
It's nearly a year later, but do Thursdays still suck and will there be a discount this year for BFP?

I have my eye on something but I'm a big ole cheapo.

Thanks!

There is indeed a discount this year. Thank you for the reminder :cheer: Use coupon code BFP2011 for 10% off at My Shop on Etsy

I offer free shipping to the US and Canada for the holiday season, and have a bunch of stuff clearance priced.

I have a pile of jewelry that still needs photos and listings; hopefully they will be done by Friday.

Tommi 11-21-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 244193)

I have no idea about how to shop~~ with or without the BFP codes. I am familiar with ETSY , and don't do Facebook. Have Paypal..

I went to your site and I want this.

Pattern Wire Ring in Sterling Silver Size 6.

Please advise.

MsDemeanor 11-21-2011 11:24 PM

Thanks, Tommi!! I sent you a PM.

I've also been going through Mister's closets, cleaning out some really swell coats and hats that don't fit. Most of the items look like new, some have barely even been worn. Ebay linkyloo

Tommi 11-21-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 470632)
Thanks, Tommi!! I sent you a PM.

I've also been going through Mister's closets, cleaning out some really swell coats and hats that don't fit. Most of the items look like new, some have barely even been worn. Ebay linkyloo

I got it. I did it. Ahh, that felt good. :hangloose: I shopped !!!!!

MsDemeanor 11-21-2011 11:43 PM

Thank you, Tommi :pile:

I went home to see my folks for a few days, and Mom and I spent an afternoon at a big Xmas show. Despite 90% of the stuff being mass produced (and 90% of that being gawdy or junky), we managed to fill the trunk of the car with only stuff that was handmade or from local small businesses. That felt great :)

Tommi 11-22-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 470655)
Thank you, Tommi :pile:

I went home to see my folks for a few days, and Mom and I spent an afternoon at a big Xmas show. Despite 90% of the stuff being mass produced (and 90% of that being gawdy or junky), we managed to fill the trunk of the car with only stuff that was handmade or from local small businesses. That felt great :)

Tis the season to be buying :)
Looking forward to your new pics and listings.

Arwen 11-22-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 470600)
There is indeed a discount this year. Thank you for the reminder :cheer: Use coupon code BFP2011 for 10% off at My Shop on Etsy

I offer free shipping to the US and Canada for the holiday season, and have a bunch of stuff clearance priced.

I have a pile of jewelry that still needs photos and listings; hopefully they will be done by Friday.

Can I just give MsDemeanor a shout out? Many of you complimented me on a silver cuff bracelet with at striking black and white stone. It came from her shop. She does amazing work and quality!

MsDemeanor 11-22-2011 12:59 AM

Awe, thank you, Arwen :givingarose: