Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   California Forums (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sacramento Crew (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1921)

drsassypants 08-27-2010 12:06 PM

Sacramento Crew

I know there's not exatly a lot of us in the Sacramento area, but I still can't believe there's not a Sacramento thread!

Say hey if you're local! Maybe we should BBQ before the season ends? Anyone?

drsassypants 08-31-2010 09:59 PM

Did anyone make it out to the Gender Bender Ball on Sunday? We had a great time!

Rainbow Festival is coming up this Sunday. Are you going? It's one of my favorite events of the year, but last year was kind of a dud. I'm still hopeful for this year, though!

T D 08-31-2010 10:09 PM

There is a b-f group in Sacramento. Just in case you didn't know. ;)

drsassypants 08-31-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T D (Post 183672)

There is a b-f group in Sacramento. Just in case you didn't know. ;)

Yes, actually, I did know.

I'm not a member. Did I miss the part where they have a monopoly in Sac? ;-)

T D 09-01-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsassypants (Post 183682)
Yes, actually, I did know.

I'm not a member. Did I miss the part where they have a monopoly in Sac? ;-)

You're welcome

Andrea 09-01-2010 07:12 AM

Good to see you here, Dr. :sunglass:

I just bought tickets to the Rainbow Festival for my honey and myself. We are meeting up with our niece, from Stockton, and her chosen family. If I am ever given any details about what time we will be there I will let you know and we may see each other.

Andrea (previously known as ReddingCalGal)

Greyson 09-01-2010 07:31 AM

Hi there. I live in the SF Bay Area but I am up in Sacramento often. Andrea, I had no idea you were ReddingCalGal. Good to see you. Dr. Have we met in real time? Wishing you and yours a great week.

drsassypants 09-01-2010 10:11 AM

Andrea,

That would be awesome! Were you at the Prop 8 celebration that night at McMartin Realty? I thought I saw you guys, but couldn't attach faces & names until much later. Brain fart!

Greyson,

My suspicion is that no, we have not. Although I tend to be hard to miss, so you might have seen me around. :-)

Maybe we can plan something the next time you're this way?

Andrea 09-02-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsassypants (Post 183858)
Andrea,

That would be awesome! Were you at the Prop 8 celebration that night at McMartin Realty? I thought I saw you guys, but couldn't attach faces & names until much later. Brain fart!

Yes! We were there but didn't see you, although my memory isn't great so I may have looked right at you. LOL

Andrea 09-04-2010 07:49 PM

I have been informed we are to meet up with niece and her posse at 10am when the Rainbow Festival begins. Hope to see you there.

Andrea 09-09-2010 07:49 AM

We were at the Rainbow Festival but didn't see anyone we know from here. Who was there that we missed?

Andrea

drsassypants 09-09-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea (Post 188417)
We were at the Rainbow Festival but didn't see anyone we know from here. Who was there that we missed?

Andrea

We were there! We got there after 11, wandered around for an hour or two & then nabbed a patio table at Head Hunters. It was HOT!

Andrea 09-09-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsassypants (Post 188492)
We were there! We got there after 11, wandered around for an hour or two & then nabbed a patio table at Head Hunters. It was HOT!

We were in touching distance. At one point we were sitting in the bar area to the right of the door at Head Hunters. Sorry to have missed you.

Andrea

Ms.Lizzy 09-12-2010 09:33 AM

I had no idea

I had no idea there was stuff going on up here.Ive been to faces etc but it is so crowded and I wound up feeling annoyed just trying to walk through there.My ex was involved in alot of things but pretty much kept me sperate from that(long story)I have found it hard to make any queer friends up here.

Andrea 09-12-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Lizzy (Post 189871)
I had no idea there was stuff going on up here.Ive been to faces etc but it is so crowded and I wound up feeling annoyed just trying to walk through there.My ex was involved in alot of things but pretty much kept me sperate from that(long story)I have found it hard to make any queer friends up here.

Welcome to B-F Planet. My honey and I don't participate in too many social activities but a good place to start would be Sacramento Valley Butch-Femme Socials. These are good people and Jen organizes fun things to do as a group, usually at discounted prices.

You might also do a search on Yahoo Groups and Meet Up for something in your specific area.

Andrea

Ms.Lizzy 09-12-2010 08:22 PM

thank you

Thanks for the tips, I will have to check it out.

hot-not 09-15-2010 12:12 AM

Sending out an invite to everyone near and far

We are having a little Butch and femme gathering in Minneapolis October 22 to 24, 2010.

All are invited.

We are in the planning stages. So far:

Friday we will have a meet and greet downtown--details to follow.

Saturday brunch then whatever you want to do: swimming, Mall of America, site seeing.

Saturday evening, Party at hot-not's house including horseshoes, karaoke, dancing, Chef Jenn is cooking.

Sunday Brunch

Still working out hotel details.

Please PM me if interested.

hot-not, April

naturlover_52 09-15-2010 10:33 AM

well actually a new item on this thread

hey there all I am from So. Cal but looking at an option to relocate to Sacramento Valley area...and Just wanting to know a bit about it. I know a major thing IS the heat....Can U tell me what U like about it

drsassypants 09-15-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturlover_52 (Post 191746)
hey there all I am from So. Cal but looking at an option to relocate to Sacramento Valley area...and Just wanting to know a bit about it. I know a major thing IS the heat....Can U tell me what U like about it

Don't let the heat intimidate you! ;)

Nature lover? I think you'll like it here. There's tons of outdoor stuf to do. I met a transplant who couldn't stop gushing about the trails, the river, the lakes, the hills, mountains, etc. We're also close to Tahoe & San Francisco, the Sonoma Coast, Napa.

You can find anything you need here. If you're in Sacramento, you can usually get to anywhere from anywhere in about half an hour. Traffic can get sucky, but almost always moves, even if at a crawl.

I hear the size of our queer community rivals San Francisco's.

Any other questions? :)

Rope 09-15-2010 02:31 PM

Hey Sacto folks,

Butch/Femme Socials of Oakland/San Francisco invites you to join us this Saturday at V. Sattui winery. Wine tasting and picnic (no outside food/drink). It's very reasonable prices. Find us in the garden at 1:00 p.m. For directions to V. Sattui= www.vsattui.com

See ya,

Rope--