Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Queerbay - Your ButchFemmePlanet Marketplace! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Things you REALLY need to know about QUEERBAY! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507)

Admin 12-09-2009 11:09 PM

Things you REALLY need to know about QUEERBAY!

* You will need to familiarize yourself with the Terms of Usage for Queerbay and remember that ButchFemmePlanet is NOT responsible for any item bought or sold on Queerbay. The sale is between users.

* Queerbay is a very persnickety piece of software and not nearly, NEARLY as fancy as eBay. If you are used to using eBay, you might be a little frustrated at first but we hope you will come to appreciate the simplistic nature of Queerbay :)

* VERY IMPORTANT - Since this is a buying and selling platform, there will be a level of personal information that is shared with one another. This is done AT YOUR OWN RISK.
*** At this time, you must input an address when first using Queerbay. When a BUYER wins an auction or sale, the BUYER'S ADDRESS is automatically sent in a private message to the SELLER.***
If you DO NOT want your address sent automatically, then feel free to put in an address like "777 Noneofyourbizeness Street". You will still end up giving the Seller your address to receive goods, but we understand that folks might prefer to send their address in their own private message.

* When listing something for sale on Queerbay, you may ONLY list WHOLE DOLLAR INCREMENTS.
i.e. You have a whizzit and want to list it for 2.50, you will get an error message from the system until you list it for either $2 or $3.

* Please note: Sale listings CANNOT use a colored font. We're sorry for the inconvenience but there is a bug in the software and it will erase half of your listing if you try to use a colored font.

* When list the "bid increments", these MUST be in WHOLE DOLLARS as well.
i.e. You list a whizzit for $60 and are about to list the bid increments. Here, you will have the option of increasing the amount that bidders must up their bid by $1, $2, or however much you like.
i.e. Wil's whizzit is for sale for $60. June wants to bid on it. Wil has set the bid increment of his whizzit by $4. June must bid at LEAST $64 on Wil's whizzit.

* VERY IMPORTANT FOR BIDDERS: Queerbay does NOT offer proxy bidding. What you bid is what you will pay.
i.e. Suzi has a whizzit for sale for $8. QueenofQueens wants to bid on the whizzit and is willing to pay up to $20 for it. On many sites like eBay, you can bid $20 and the system will keep bidding for you by proxy up to $20. Our Queerbay software DOES NOT do that. If QueenofQueens bids $20, the price of the bid is accepted at $20.

* The shipping option on the seller panel isnt all that great. You have the ability to use it if you want to charge a flat shipping fee to your buyers, these also MUST be in WHOLE DOLLAR amounts. It might be better for you as a seller (and for your buyers) if you list your shipping fees in your auction or sale description (and this will also give you the option to charge any increment you need on shipping amounts).

* As a seller, you have many options to sell. You can set up an auction, and allow people bid on your item OR you can set up an auction with a "Buy it Now" option. The "Buy it Now" option is like a straight sale, the person simply pays the price you ask for and it is automatically sold! You also have the option of using BOTH the "Auction" AND the "Buy it Now". This will let people bid on an item OR let someone buy it outright if they are willing to pay your asking price.

* Sales Posts can NOT be edited once posted so post carefully!

Im sure that more will be added here at a later time, but thats all for now.

NotAnAverageGuy 12-09-2009 11:42 PM

Hmmm are you working on the terms of how to take payment?

Selenay 12-09-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy (Post 19204)
Hmmm are you working on the terms of how to take payment?

As stated by Admin in another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 18943)
At this time, Paypal is the only option for payment but the seller will have the option to list within their post if they prefer another form of payment.

NotAnAverageGuy 12-09-2009 11:53 PM

Ugh my bad I read way too fast sometimes

little man 12-10-2009 08:12 AM

would it be a good guess that we're getting closer to this being activated?

also, does the software automatically create the thumbnail or do we need to have a specifically sized image to put up as the thumb?

Mindy 12-10-2009 08:18 PM

What I really need to know is, what is a whizzit? Should I have one? Do I need one to be in the "in" crowd? Are there butch whizzits and femme whizzits? In what colors do said whizzits come? Damn it, Queerbay needs to open so I can have a whizzit too!!

Also, see the item in your post in red below:

"As a seller, you have many options to sell. You can set up an auction, and allow people bid on your item OR you can set up an auction with a "Buy it Now" option. The "Buy it Now" option is like a straight sale, the person simply pays the price you ask for and it is automatically sold! You also have the option of using BOTH the "Auction" AND the "Buy it Now". This will let people bid on an item OR let someone buy it outright if they are willing to pay your asking price."

I really want to know how we have a "straight" sale on "queer"bay!

WolfyOne 12-10-2009 08:19 PM

I'm understanding what you wrote Medusa. Now I can't wait to look at sale items......in fact, I'm envious and now want June's whizzit.

Admin 12-17-2009 09:45 PM

Mindy - You are not allowed to ask any more questions. :tease:

We discovered another bug in the software tonight thanks to Diva's love of the purple font! The software wont allow colors in the descriptions :(
But hey, its free :)

Mindy 12-18-2009 11:16 PM

No questions? How am I supposed to know all about Queerbay if I can't ask questions?

P.S. You still didn't tell me what a whizzit is and why I need one!

Gemme 12-18-2009 11:20 PM

I can't see one of Wil's (little man) prints for sale. I don't know if a him thing, site thing or me thing. Can anyone else see the first listing for him?

WolfyOne 12-18-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemme (Post 23190)
I can't see one of Wil's (little man) prints for sale. I don't know if a him thing, site thing or me thing. Can anyone else see the first listing for him?

I can't see it either, so it's not you.

Linus 12-18-2009 11:45 PM

It's not either of you or Little Man. I'll have to delete one of his auctions as the code for embedding doesn't seem to want to play nice. Medusa and I were talking about this.

I'll ask Little man if he can repost them with uploaded photos until we can resolve the embedded photos issues. As Medusa said, the auction software is rather persnickety.

Dean Thoreau 12-20-2009 05:16 PM

Ok can u all tell me wtf I am doing wrong
I click on the word sell....
and the address thing comes up
so i put in my address
and get thank you
and nothing
so i cick on "My Queerbay" and looks all nice
so then i click on sell and it tells me i need a sellers account...

ok so how do i get a sellers account?
Stupid people like me need to know

Medusa 12-22-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau (Post 23768)
Ok can u all tell me wtf I am doing wrong
I click on the word sell....
and the address thing comes up
so i put in my address
and get thank you
and nothing
so i cick on "My Queerbay" and looks all nice
so then i click on sell and it tells me i need a sellers account...

ok so how do i get a sellers account?
Stupid people like me need to know

Ha! You areN'T stupid, Dean! You just dont have access yet!
I am writing up the "user agreement" today that everyone will have to sign before becoming a seller. Once I get done with that, folks can buy and sell at will.

I got my dollars ready!

eta: OMG. I did NOT mean to call you stupid, Dean! I added the "n't" at the end. You ARENT stupid. Good grief. I think I need more sleep!

Dean Thoreau 12-27-2009 04:00 PM

:bouquet: Medusa........ you r to kind :bouquet:

thanks for the response...and u better bid on me :coffee:

I make a great bookend!

HumV4me 12-27-2009 04:33 PM

Did I just see Dean put himself up for auction and he's requesting to be a book end? Now thats a new one for me...:onebutch::reader::3butch:

So are we going to use this area for fund raising also for the site? I think that would be kinda neet to auction off folks right before the reunion and then have an auction dance session for the lucky couples.

Just an idea.

Mindy 01-03-2010 11:29 AM

Are we up and ready to roll? I have things I can list now!

Mindy 01-12-2010 12:01 PM

'Dusa do you know if it gives us a message in our inbox or anywhere if there is a bid on our stuff or do we just have to keep going into our auctions to see? Yeah I know, I'm supposed to be the go to person, lol

Medusa 01-12-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindy (Post 32434)
'Dusa do you know if it gives us a message in our inbox or anywhere if there is a bid on our stuff or do we just have to keep going into our auctions to see? Yeah I know, I'm supposed to be the go to person, lol

Im not sure myself! Lemme put up a test auction real quick and see what happens.