Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Today, I got rid of...yay! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724)

homoe 07-21-2019 05:43 PM

~~
Today it was Mary's turn and I aided her in getting rid of tons of stuff including but not limited to stacks and stacks of old newspapers, catalogs, magazines, duplicated ferry schedules, (all but one was outdated & expired), old dilapidated business cards, and several owner manuals for products she no longer had!

After a break, we then went through drawers in our front room credenza. Old & duplicate maps, (yes we still use paper maps) decks of playing cards, coasters, and because we are both greeting card junkies, a shit load of those! The ones we decided to get rid of will be donated to the Senior Center in West Seattle on our next trip across the water!

easygoingfemme 07-21-2019 05:48 PM

I cleaned out my spice cabinet and got rid of old stuff and flavors I don't like. It's nice and tidy now :)

homoe 08-19-2019 05:38 PM

Today was more paperwork, including tons of medical stuff no longer needed hopefully! I'd switched to a MyChart format a while back, so it has lightened my files considerably.

In anticipation of a possible move, I also got rid of clothes & footwear from all 4 seasons no longer worn or wanted.

My next project is tackling the bathroom where I have a huge closet of bedding, towels, beauty, and medical stuff....:|

Sidebar: I am thrilled I don't own any of the items in the kitchen. Years spent eating take-out and deli, either out of their container or off of the one or two plates I did own, I had decided to toss those items simply into the trash when packing to move out West!

easygoingfemme 08-19-2019 05:53 PM

A bunch of desk clutter both at work and at home. Sifted through all of the paperwork and recycled tons of not-needed-anymore stuff.

homoe 08-19-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easygoingfemme (Post 1251179)
A bunch of desk clutter both at work and at home. Sifted through all of the paperwork and recycled tons of not-needed-anymore stuff.

Isn't it amazing how much of that accumulates in such a short time...:|

easygoingfemme 08-19-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homoe (Post 1251184)
Isn't it amazing how much of that accumulates in such a short time...:|

Yes, yes it is.

Bèsame* 08-19-2019 07:16 PM

Its a whole new world.

I went back to work and tossed out Ops manual updates. I'm such a rebel.
Now really, who is going to read it? Lol

homoe 08-21-2019 05:08 AM

~~~

Several sets of sheets and pillow cases plus lots of towels & wash cloths of all sizes that'll be donated to a worthy cause.

Items I got rid of were old expired medicines, half used tubes of toothpaste and other oral items way past their "used by date", several hotel size travel items, unopened bars of soaps that I no longer fancy (I only use Original Irish Spring these days), and a shit ton of other junk!

I did come across an unopened item, one of those torturous eyelash curlers thingy, which baffles the heck out of me! How that came into my possession I have no idea! Needless to say it found a new home in one of Mary's bathroom drawers!

homoe 08-22-2019 09:48 AM

~~
Today it was going through the garage and getting rid of the very few tools I own. I am not handy when it comes to fixing things and when it comes to tinkering with cars, I know even less!

These tools were mainly duplicates that Mary already owns so I don't see any point in keeping them and no doubt will donate them to Goodwill.

Lightening my load has created such a freeing sensation........I highly recommend it

homoe 02-28-2020 10:03 AM

It's spring cleaning time folks.....

Bump.......

homoe 02-28-2020 10:16 AM

Yesterday I got rid of a lot of cash in Seattle but what the hell, like they say, "you can't take it with you"...:giggle:

FireSignFemme 02-28-2020 12:14 PM

:toothache:
Today I got rid of some worry by sharing some of my dental fears with my son. He told me if I'm afraid of something he wants me to let him know, not try and hide it. He'll go with me to my appointment for emotional support and – Mom don't worry. Sure I get cranky sometimes, we all do, but I love you, you aren't a burden to me. We'll get through this, it's going to be A okay.
:cheer: