Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2012 - What does it mean to you? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548)

friskyfemme 12-20-2009 11:28 AM

2012 - What does it mean to you?

Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.

SuperFemme 12-20-2009 11:55 AM

I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus. (f)

Hudson 12-20-2009 11:56 AM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwuO3bMK2g&feature=related"]YouTube- Sarah palin in 2012 SNL keith Olbermann[/ame]

friskyfemme 12-20-2009 12:04 PM

My Vision

I received a Vision during a meditation in 1994 which is the basis for my belief system. I was 'born' with a gift of precognition. As a child, I was told it was a series of coincidences and or my imagination. By the time I reached puberty, I had accepted those explanations and stopped paying attention to any premonitions that came about. I went from a devote Catholic to an atheist at this same timeframe. In my 20s I began to reexamine the possibility that there was 'something' bigger than each of us as human beings. I pretty well held that idea until my early 40s. I studied and discussed many religions, my ancestry (Scandianavian) beliefs, and shared my life with three individuals from different Native American Nations. A number of my ceremonies were adopted from these. I also embrace a number of the Asian Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern,and Norse traditions. I do believe that our earth's crust is shifting validated by scientific research and discovery of the movement of the North Pole. I do ccept that the seasons are shifting in response to this. I am very intrigued with the pyramids in Egypt nd in Mexico. These that are interpreted as calendars for the end of the world December 21, 2012. This correspoding to the Bible's 'Book of Revelation'. I don't personally ear this time arriving, I see i as a metamorphsis of human beings into loving, caring, sharing, peaceful beings with extraordinary capabilities of healing on all levels of being.

friskyfemme 12-20-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFemme (Post 23654)
I am glad that I have already lived through a few "end of the world" dates.
Personally, I think it is used by organized religion as a way to manipulate people through fear. Dinner party at my house Dec. 22 2012. The guest of honor will be Jesus. (f)

I would like to attend. It would definitely make great table discussion. I have so many questions. :)

Rufusboi 12-20-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friskyfemme (Post 23649)
Welcome all,

We are daily reminded that December 21, 2012 is fast approaching. This forum is a place to discuss your beliefs, ideas, concerns of the 'end of the world' approaching. Please be respectful in your discussion and replies.

Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus

Hudson 12-20-2009 01:34 PM

a-s-t-r-o-n-o-m-y, not astrology

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufusboi (Post 23666)
Hello - my belief is that it is all media hype to push the movie that came out (is coming out?). Rufus

Totally. That along with tons of books to be sold and other agendas needing to be fueled/filled.

The Mayan calendar was designed to be cyclical, so the fact that it comes to an end in December 2012 means it's the end of the great calendar cycle in Mayan society (as SuperFemme mentioned past 'ends' she's lived through - remember when our society was gonna end at the millenium?) not the 'end of the world'. In fact, if the Mayan calendar does not even end then, then why in the world does anyone believe there is any evidence to suggest that the Mayans (or anyone for that matter) knew when the world's going to end?

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.

Corkey 12-20-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friskyfemme (Post 23649)
Welcome all,

It means to me that I have to get a new debit card, as it expires then, oh and to call my friend on the 22nd to see how he's doing. Thanks for the reminder!

Corkey 12-20-2009 05:14 PM

See this is what I find rather amusing about the End of Timers, in the Bible it clearly states that the day and time of the end of days isn't known by any man. Therefore how could the Maya know that their calendar would be held captive by the very same religion who believes in the Bible. Beyond belief for me. It isn't the end of the earth, it is the end of a calendar cycle, the 4th one. See life goes on........

Corkey 12-20-2009 05:35 PM

I wonder, on the winter solstice in 2012, when the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years and whatever energy typically streams from it's nougaty center to the earth will be disrupted, if we'll be able to sell a bunch of candy bars.

This has already happened 4 years ago according to the Science channel, the aligning of the center of our galexy and the earth and sun, um pinches m'self, yep still here.

Andrew, Jr. 12-20-2009 07:15 PM

This will be a time of change for people. Other than that, I am going to refrain from posting my true feelings/beliefs.

Superfemme, I want to come to your dinner party. Tell me what to bring.

Dean Thoreau 12-20-2009 07:32 PM

My oldest daughter will turn 25 on that day......it will mean to me a big celebration....

with regard to the mayan calendar and the numerous misinterpretations and the movie that just feeds into all that stuff.... ehhhhhh
I am sure the good christians that are pushing for a nuclear holocaust in the middle east will work to make sure it does not occur on that day....cause if it does then "non christians" were right.

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

lillith 12-20-2009 09:48 PM

What also needs to be remembered is that this alignment will last for only a fraction of a second and the planets will go about on their orbits. So, unless the galaxy blinks and we all miss it, life will go on.

hottprof 12-20-2009 11:04 PM

well the year 2012...

I will turn 30...

I will run my first marathon and...

if that does not kill me I will hopefully be invited to previsouly said dinner party...

only time will tell... we all have survived the millenium so why not wait to see whats next...

if it is the end of the world or spaceships come and take us away, or God comes down and is all God like.. I just hope I am with my family and loved ones... and no matter what happens we are all at peace with one another...

the end (so to speak)

Smiles :frog:

WolfyOne 12-20-2009 11:10 PM

Well, after reading all the posts, it means I get to have dinner in California the day after.....yay!!!

MsDemeanor 12-20-2009 11:23 PM

Dec 21, 2012 is a super duper all out special day because it's our anniversary, as is Dec 21, 2011, as is Dec 21, 2010, as is tomorrow.

The world better fucking not end on my anniversary. You wanna see wrath?

weatherboi 12-21-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 23893)
Dec 21, 2012 is a super duper all out special day because it's our anniversary, as is Dec 21, 2011, as is Dec 21, 2010, as is tomorrow.

Not really!!

:twitch: Happy Anniversary MsDemeanor/MrDemeanor

morningstar55 12-21-2009 09:49 AM

2012 to me??
i think its just a hype thing........
but i i also believe in god.
some might think its silly to believe in that.......... but i dont.
but i also believe there are a lot of unexplained mystery's on this earth.

i also believe in my travels and seeing the world from this truck... that there has to be more then what i can see.
i LOVE this song

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisVTCOrN3s"]YouTube- Brooks & Dunn believe[/nomedia]

MsDemeanor 12-21-2009 07:03 PM

I found the truth:

Bizarro, by Dan Piraro, Dec 21, 2009 comic: linkyloo

Gemme 12-21-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDemeanor (Post 23893)

December 21st was my anniversary too! And to the one I liked, so that's a good thing.

Happy Anniversary!