Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thinking Harder (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Regrets...Do You Have One or Some? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4231)

pinkgeek 01-11-2012 11:51 PM

I regret I didn't believe I was beautiful, brilliant and capable when I was 16.. Bulletproof was not the same as confident....

Miss Scarlett 01-12-2012 05:25 AM

Non! Je ne regrette rien...

Everything that's happened in my life, even the really bad stuff, was for a reason and made me the person i am now.

Hack 01-12-2012 06:14 AM

I've made mistakes. It is called part of life. I have learned from most of them. In a few cases, I have not and was doomed to repeat them. When I screw something up, I take it apart, much like I took apart every broken toy as a kid to see how it worked, what could fix it, etc. Make mistakes, try to learn from them, try not to make them again, keep moving forward all the time. That is what I do.

Rox 03-06-2012 08:30 PM

Regrets

Guess we all have regrets~But with every regret, is a life lesson. At least from my experiences.)

Bad_boi 03-11-2012 02:43 PM

I have made my fair share of mistakes. I admit that.

No regrets, just lessons learned.

macele 03-11-2012 03:52 PM

i think of regrets as things i could have controlled and didn't. and i am sorry. we can forgive ourselves, but we can't forget. the regrets will always be there (i haven't forgot them yet).

i've really junked some things up in my life. like others have said, i've learned from many. i have more satisfaction and gratitude than regrets. living mistakes are fixable, ... surely most are. but i still wish i hadn't done. i'd take them back if i could.

most of the time, we have time to think before we act. that would be great if i did, ... most of the time lol.

girl_dee 03-11-2012 04:47 PM

Relationships ~ no regrets for getting into them or leaving them when i did

i regret spending too much time on people who didn't make me a priority and putting my own well being aside, letting my own dreams pale in the shadows of trying to please others

Mr Nice Guy 03-11-2012 04:50 PM

Moving to NH
Moving mom in.
Enough said.

Ginger 03-11-2012 08:32 PM

TED talk: Don't regret regret.

Regret is useful. It means you have a conscience, that you are learning from your missteps.

Glenn 03-12-2012 02:33 PM

The Moving Finger writes: and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

WomenMoveMe 03-12-2012 03:07 PM

I have lived a life filled with regret. When younger, I was a menace to society. I drank too much, did every drug I could get my hands on, attempted to love when immaturity prevailed, found myself warming the benches of a jail or two or five, and while it was certainly unintentional, emotionally hurt people along the way. Essentially, I was an idiot.

The good news here, is that, I was young, and I have not been young for a long, long time. We all learn our lessons along the way. Some just don't have as difficult a task as others. Mine were hard-fought and devastatingly masochistic. However, with my self-induced strife, came an assimilation that, continues to stick with me to this day.

So yeah, I suppose that was the long way around saying, yes, I have regret. I have also character and integrity because of it, so I guess not all regret is bad. It shows us what we were, but not who we are.

msW8ing 03-13-2012 02:45 PM

Soooooooooo very well said. :rrose:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe (Post 545634)
I have lived a life filled with regret. When younger, I was a menace to society. I drank too much, did every drug I could get my hands on, attempted to love when immaturity prevailed, found myself warming the benches of a jail or two or five, and while it was certainly unintentional, emotionally hurt people along the way. Essentially, I was an idiot.

The good news here, is that, I was young, and I have not been young for a long, long time. We all learn our lessons along the way. Some just don't have as difficult a task as others. Mine were hard-fought and devastatingly masochistic. However, with my self-induced strife, came an assimilation that, continues to stick with me to this day.

So yeah, I suppose that was the long way around saying, yes, I have regret. I have also character and integrity because of it, so I guess not all regret is bad. It shows us what we were, but not who we are.

Deborah 03-13-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessbelle (Post 470900)
One regret that stands out in my mind is not having more children. Being married to a bio man it is really a wonder i had any at all, looking back....lol.

But, knowing what i know now, i would have left that relationship way before 17 years of it and would have been artificially inseminated at least a couple of more times.

I would have loved to have had a girl, but even if i had continued to have boys, i enjoyed being pregnant and i loved raising children. It is very hard for me to know i am too old to do this anymore and honestly it has been a very painful acceptance.

If i had to do over, i would definitely had more children, probably had a house full. :)

Belle, I pray one day you will have grandchildren....mine have been the joy of my life. My son is and always will be everything to me but we're young and struggling when we have our children (usually) it's so special with the grandchildren..its one of the best parts of having children.

Tuff Stuff 08-27-2015 06:00 PM

I broke the rules..

Yes,I had regrets,but don't worry..

Karma has taught me a thousand times greater that 'what goes around,comes around'.

Some rules aren't meant to be broken.

My debt has been Paid In Full.
:missu:

girl_dee 03-10-2018 06:15 AM

at this point, yes i do.

It’s a very tricky task going through life hoping you won’t do things, (or not do things) that will cause regret later on.

The thing about regret is it’s all hindsight.

clay 03-10-2018 07:00 AM

Of course, I do. I believe that is just the nature of being a human.

Sometimes decisions are made and I may not be thinking clearly. But regardless, I made them, so I own them & stand by them.

As dee says, it is usually in hindsight one realizes that a decision made might not have been a wise one...but made anyway.

I learn this way...as I am a mere human....wrought with frailities.

TL1 03-10-2018 01:02 PM

Yes quite a few...........

Some of them I have learned from

Some I was clearly out of my mind!

But I choose not to dwell on them and aim to not have them (or as few as possible) in the future.

girl_dee 03-10-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TL1 (Post 1200922)
Yes quite a few...........

Some of them I have learned from

Some I was clearly out of my mind!

But I choose not to dwell on them and aim to not have them (or as few as possible) in the future.

i totally get “was out of my mind"

charley 03-10-2018 01:52 PM

Peace of Mind

Because I have lived a life of right action (since the age of 19) - instead of choice - real/true meditation has become a way of life for me, with the following side-effects:
the various siddhis, which seem trivial compared with the following treasures:
peace of mind (pacem in terris, there can never be peace on earth until there is peace of mind within)
dispassionate indifference (because of insight meditation, there was the seeing that one was the ground of all humanity, and as the ground is indifferent to one’s likes and dislikes, one is this indifference - absolutely wonderful); so one can and has said, it's your life, not mine!
confidence
surety (a feeling of complete and utter psychological security) - when one starts off with certainty, one ends up in confusion, better to start off with uncertainty and live that way, until one comes to meditation
psychological freedom - not feeling like a puppet on the strings of some past event of one's life (hereditary or otherwise)
discernment
enhanced sensitivity
there has even been some physical healing of some minor physical problems

having one's own mind - the greatest blessing of all

"meditation as a way of life, a journey through life;
meditation is life, meditation is the final act of a life of truth - the whole of one’s life
when one dedicates one’s whole life to meditation, then life consecrates all of its attention to one’s life - in other words, life takes care of one
without meditation, one is just surviving, because life is meditation
a life that is not lived in meditation is not worth living"

(from the book I am writing)

so with all these, one faces with the last third of one's life, and looks out quietly at the madness and horror around one

so, no, no regrets at all

would be wonderful if all could have these treasures, but they are not to be found on the dark side

~ocean 03-10-2018 06:02 PM

~