Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The News (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Severe Weather Check-in! (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6608)

Kätzchen 06-16-2021 09:31 PM

Bumping this thread again, tonight. Wow, hurricane season is already off to a worrisome start.

Also, fire season is already active in my home state. It is very dry here and next week our first heat wave will be underway. :(

Climate change is real.

There is also dire water shortages too.

Post here to let us know what is going on where you live.

So far, we are okay. But it was just six months ago that my whole county, nearly, burned away. Just three weeks ago a patch of our county, in a badly burned area, was on fire again and we got alerts to standby and go, at a moments notice.

We could also suffer a water shortage this summer. It is worrisome.

Stay safe everyone. :praying:

Gemme 08-22-2021 12:33 PM

Well, I've gotten lucky with this one. Henri was just shy of hurricane status when he hit land at 70 mph winds. It went nearly right over me so the winds weren't as bas as predicted for my area but there are still over 80,000 homes and businesses without power right now in Rhode Island. We've gotten a couple of inches of rain so far and will have more later. The wind is still gusting quite a bit now but should simmer down as it moves West of us.

Happyfemme 08-22-2021 12:42 PM

We just have heavy rain and some wind. Where my office is in Connecticut could have more rain and flooding.

nhplowboi 08-22-2021 03:31 PM

Henri is starting to show his presence now. The winds have picked up some and there are periodic bands of rain. The ground is so soaked that more rain and a little wind could be a disastrous combination. The river that runs on the south side of the road where the store sits, is at about midlevel right now. A month or so ago it was overflowing it's retaining wall because of all the rain we've had. Hopefully we don't get the 4 to 6 inches of rain Henri has been handing out to many.

nhplowboi 08-28-2021 02:31 PM

Henri blew by us safely. The storm brought the river up to almost overflowing again and there were some flickering lights but that was about it. Prayers for the people of Louisiana as Ida looks to be a bad one.

FireSignFemme 08-28-2021 08:19 PM

Well one fire map says one thing this one says another, it's tough to know what to believe. All I know is we've been having some really poor air quality. Today it was better though so let's hope they've got things under control and the worst is over. It's 7PM and about 84 degrees out now

Gemme 08-29-2021 11:25 AM

August 29, 2005 and now August 29, 2021. 16 years to the day. First, Katrina and now, Ida. There's got to be something to say about that but I really don't know what it is. I hope our LA and MS members and family are able to get through this storm safely. (f)

cathexis 09-01-2021 04:15 AM

Good thoughts sent to the people of LA and MS. Can't begin to imagine your misery. Hope the utilities go back in service long before they are guestimating. May it happen as South FL did after Hurricane Andrew. We had utilities back up within 2-3 days. May that be similar for you!

Those who believe in a deity, please send them blessings, spellwork, and prayers.