Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Brief Biography for Writing Submissions (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4366)

Tawse 12-21-2011 10:56 AM

Brief Biography for Writing Submissions

Ok - so I'm trying to get published and of course they ask for a brief bio to go along with your submissions. I suck at this..

The submissions are LGBTQI (etc etc) Erotic in nature and here's what I have for my first draft at a brief bio.

One minute I think it needs something - the next I think it's fine.

Thoughts and feedback welcome, encouraged, and pretty much pleaded for. :) :seeingstars:

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.

tapu 12-21-2011 11:29 AM

Here's a copyedit, not a content edit. It's fine content-wise as is, in my studied opinion.

Good luck, and congratulations. --tapu

Tawse would say he’s spent the majority of his life playing with his gender and sexual expression; but closer to the truth is that they’ve been playing with him. He’s just been hanging on for one hell of a ride.

Tawse currently identifies as gender queer, or maybe hybrid...? He resides in Atlanta with his wife, two dogs, one cat, and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling.

*Anya* 12-21-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawse (Post 490098)
Ok - so I'm trying to get published and of course they ask for a brief bio to go along with your submissions. I suck at this..

The submissions are LGBTQI (etc etc) Erotic in nature and here's what I have for my first draft at a brief bio.

Thoughts and feedback welcome, encouraged, and pretty much pleaded for. :) :seeingstars:

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing
with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and u growling like a dog.

I love it. Miss Tick would also be a great one to ask as well as So Not Her. Both also write beautifully:)

Still waiting on you to post more erotica!

Cin 12-21-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Anya* (Post 490164)
I love it. Miss Tick would also be a great one to ask as well as So Not Her. Both also write beautifully:)

Still waiting on you to post more erotica!

That's so nice of you to say that.

Maybe my writing is okay, but editing makes me cry and I don't even like to redo my own stuff. I envy people who can and will rewrite. I also adore people who can edit. I married one. Maybe she will give it a look.

Cin 12-21-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawse (Post 490098)

------------

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression, but the fact of the matter is they’ve been playing with him and he’s just been hanging on for a hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid and resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his Wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.

Actually I think it's great just the way it is. I wouldn't capitalize wife though. Although I get why you would want to. I think my wife deserves to capitalized too.

Truly Scrumptious 12-21-2011 02:18 PM

I'll take a stab at it

I like it very much. Here are just a couple of suggestions:

Tawse would like to say he’s spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual
expression . . . but the truth is they’ve been playing with him while he’s been hanging on for one hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid, and resides in Atlanta with his wife, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.

or

Tawse has spent the majority of his adult life playing with his gender and sexual expression. Or perhaps more accurately, they’ve been playing with him and he’s been hanging on for one hell of a ride. He currently identifies as either gender queer or hybrid, and resides in Atlanta with his wife, two dogs, one cat and one species dysphoric cat who insists on protecting the house and growling like a dog.

LaneyDoll 12-21-2011 02:22 PM

I like the input you have received. This is my brief bio if you want to see it ;)

Laney is a bottom from Alabama who has been an active participant in the BDSM community for three years. She is the Special Events Coordinator for The Red Chair in Birmingham and is a greeter on FetLife. She has a fondness for shiny things and loves to play with staples, scapels and knives. You may find her on FetLife as LaneyDoll.

Hmmm, mine has actually changed since my last article. Good thing I looked at it.

:sparklyheart:

Tawse 12-21-2011 03:16 PM

thank you thank you THANK YOU everyone for your replies.

Truly - I love your reworking and will most likely use it :)

Laney - lol good for you for being able to put your BDSM identification/experience into a neat package like that! I would just stare at the blank page and drool most likely. Pretty much what I did with this bio...

LaneyDoll 12-21-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawse (Post 490196)
thank you thank you THANK YOU everyone for your replies.

Truly - I love your reworking and will most likely use it :)

Laney - lol good for you for being able to put your BDSM identification/experience into a neat package like that! I would just stare at the blank page and drool most likely. Pretty much what I did with this bio...

Well the bio is for a BDSM site so it is appropriate. The funny thing is that my bio needs to be updated due to recent developments in that area.

:)

LaneyDoll 12-21-2011 04:18 PM

Oh, and I swiped this for you...

The small numbers, such as whole numbers smaller than ten, should be spelled out. That’s one rule you can count on. If you don’t spell numbers out it will look like you’re sending an instant message, and you want to be more formal than that in your writing.