Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   For those for whom Mother's Day is not a Good Day (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298)

ruthie14 05-04-2010 04:18 AM

For those for whom Mother's Day is not a Good Day

I have a very hard time with Mother's day. I was never able to have any children of my own and My stepchildren no longer talk to me , even though I raised them when NO one else wanted them. If it wasn't for my own mother I would just hybernate for the day. As it approaches, I get increasingly depressed and weepy.

Here's to all of us who for whatever reason, have a hard time with mother's day. This is the place to vent, gripe, cry, and to comfort.

Peace,
Ruthie

Miss Scarlett 05-04-2010 04:25 AM

(((((ruthie14)))))

Thanks for this thread.

The only problem I have with Mother's Day is that my Mom isn't here. She died in March 2007. Because her birthday is towards the end of the month we seldom celebrated Mother's Day on the actual day. So I won't really miss celebrating with her this Sunday. Rather it will be over the next 2 Sundays.

I'll go out to the Cemetery but that's not the same and it really sucks.

I will honor my Stepmother and Shelia's mom but it's still not the same.

ruthie14 05-04-2010 04:32 AM

((((Miss Scarlett)))) It does suck. Noone can take the place of your Mom in your heart. Hopefully those in your life can make it a little easier for you.

Ruthie

Blaze 05-04-2010 04:34 AM

As miss Scarlett expressed, Thank you Ruthie for making this thread.
I find it a tad difficult myself to be happy on Mothers day. My Mother passed away 1998. It's harder for me because she buried in Hawaii. I cannot rely on my brothers to take flower to the cemetery for me. So in stead I have to light a candle in remembrance of her and all the laughter and joy she had invested in me. She was my best friend as an adult and the best mentor one could ask for as a child.
Sometimes I feel sad because as the years go by, it's harder for me to remember her scent, her laughter, her mischievous smile, and her loving hugs. Her memory lives on, but her memory image in my mind is fading...
To all the Mothers out there. Bless you...

NJFemmie 05-04-2010 05:00 AM

Mother's Day used to be hard for me - but now, it's just any other day.
My mother died when I was young, so it's been quite a long time - I still light a candle, or acknowledge her in some way. I try not to think too much about it, because amazingly enough, it can still make me cry.

Diva 05-04-2010 05:09 AM

Mother's Day for me is bittersweet.

I lost my Mom in 1999, just before Christmas. And, while I miss her terribly, she was very ill, and her death was a blessing for her sweet, pure spirit.

And many of You know that I lost my oldest child, Melody Claire, in 1996. She was 16. The phrase 'miss her terribly' doesn't even begin to cover it.
It is a unique kind of torture that I don't wish on any mother.

But what makes this day tolerable for me is that I have another ~ amazingly wonderful ~ daughter who will be moving to Austin next week! She will be here the day after Mother's Day, and I have to say that I believe this year's Mother's Day will be the best I have experienced in quite a long while!!!

I'm grateful and blessed to have been touched by the two who have gone on and by the one who remains.

:rose:

Andrew, Jr. 05-04-2010 10:21 AM

I am not sure of what I feel on Mother's Day.

I have no connection with my bio-mother. It is more of a superficial relationship than anything at all. She is just a woman with children who gave up her children a very long time ago. I have no respect for her at all because of that.

Now my Grandmother has been gone a number of years. She was my mother by all accounts and purposes. She is the one who raised me. She was the one who fought for me when everyone else failed me. I feel her loss each and every day. Not just on Mother's Day.

My sister who died, at the age of 50 from skin cancer, has 2 boys. They try to forget Mother's Day. For them it is another day of heartache, but it is getting better (thank God).

For those who have a loving, accepting, and wonderful mother, I hope you have a fabulous day!

:danceparty:

Jett 05-04-2010 10:58 AM

It's still pretty hard to think about, especially in the month of Mothers Day and her Birthday.

R.I.P. Mom... May. 18, 1940 - Feb. 28, 2008... you are missed terribly.

Guy 05-04-2010 11:00 AM

I lost my Mom on November 15, 2008.

I could have never imagined my life without her unconditional love, trust, unselfishness, support, advice and her beautiful smile that always lit up the room.

Instead of getting easier it just gets harder, I miss her terribly.

suebee 05-04-2010 11:09 AM

I live next door to my parents, but I treat them more like elderly neighbors than parents. That's how I manage to live so close and get along reasonably well with them. I feel like a bit of a hypocrite "celebrating" Mother's Day, because my mother was not a very good mother. But it would hurt her if there was no recognition, so I get a small gift and wish her a Happy Mother's Day. No big deal, and no hard feelings. Sometimes ya just gotta know when to bend a little.

Gemme 05-04-2010 11:21 AM

My mother died a few years ago and, as sad as it may seem to say, it was a blessing. Her mental and physical health had been declining for many years but, honestly, it also took a weight off of my shoulders. I liked her as a person and could see that she did the best she could for me, but there was no connection beyond that (due to many, many circumstances), and playing along with the loving mother/daughter facade had become draining on my spirit and soul.

I do think of her on Mother's Day, acknowledge her efforts, and wish her the happiness wherever she is that she couldn't find on this Earth.

Apocalipstic 05-04-2010 11:23 AM

My mother died in 1976 and I miss her still. It is difficult to see commercials and all the flurry around Mother's Day.

TickledPink 05-04-2010 11:33 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. Hugs for you!!

I miss my mother terribly. No one can replace that kind of unique spirit, and, I believe it lives on; through my sister, my nephews, me and anyone she touched while her physical being was here.

I don't have children either, but, I do have a wonderful SON dog!

cinderella 05-04-2010 11:57 AM

The one great love of my life - my mom, passed in 1996. Tho she did not approve of my lifestyle, she did love me completely - this I know.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her...she is still very much a part of me and my daily life. Sadly, Mother's Day, Christmas, Easter, and all the holidays have lost their joy for me - life in general has dimmed for me, as she was the light of my life. It's just not the same world without her.

As Diva said above, to say I miss her terribly, doesn't begin to express my loss and pain. She was my idol, my mentor, and a very strong woman of values and morals. She taught me to be the strong woman I am today - thank you mom.

ruthie14 05-04-2010 06:55 PM

Thanks for sharing everyone. I'm sure there are those on the planet who will appriciate your stories and realize that they are not alone.

WingsOnFire 05-04-2010 07:02 PM

{{{{{{{{{{Ruthie}}}}}}}}}} I remember last year's Mothers day and how hard it was for you.... I am here for you sweetie if you need me.....

I lost my mother 1 month after I graduated highschool. I was devastated... I cant wait to go back to florida and visit the ocean where her ashes were strewn.

katzietootle 05-04-2010 07:15 PM

first year without my mum during nana's day...(sigh)

Jet 05-04-2010 07:20 PM

My mother was found dead of unknown causes in 2001. I think of her often.

Kimbo 05-04-2010 09:23 PM

As someone who gave a child up for adoption, Mothers day has always been a good/bad day. My son and i reunited when he was 18.

So as you move, as you fly, think of me watching
the river go by
I'm no good at saying goodbye
so hello from the river and I
You're so far away making a life of your own
I'm amazed by what you've done
You're so far away in a world I'll never know
I'm amazed by you my son
So as you move, as you fly, think of me
watching the river go by
I'm no good at saying goodbye

Sunny 05-04-2010 09:41 PM

Mothers Day

Ruthie I want to thank you for starting this thread.
My Mother passed away on June 6th 2000. Mother's Day is hard for me because it is in your face. Everywhere you go you can cannot avoid seeing the ads to celebrate. My Mother was not perfect. She had alot of issues that she had to deal with. However, she was a good Woman. She had a great sense of humor, intelligent, caring and she never put herself first before her children. Whenever I was upset as a child, she would hug me and I would lay my head on her lap and she would stroke my hair tell me everything would be ok.
When she passed away I was at her bedside. She had a stroke and she did not come around after that. She lasted one day. I remember the nurse told me that she was passing. At my Mother's bedside, I told her to go into the light that Grandma and Grandpa were waiting for her. I told her that twice and each time she let go a little. Then I promised her I would see her in Heaven and she passed from her body. This experience I will never forget for as long as I live.
Thanks for letting me share. I honor my Mother for the gifts she gave me. Sunny