Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Beauty, Lifestyles (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Disabilities: Visable and Invisable (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82)

Andrew, Jr. 11-04-2009 09:40 PM

Disabilities: Visable and Invisable

I have what is called invisable disabilities. They are neurologically based. I have seizures, ocd, adhd, learning disabilities like Dyslexia, and am Diabetic, and also have heart disease. I have a handicapped placard for my car. I am no longer really driving much anylonger because of the frequency of my seizures and their intensity.

I know that I am not alone here. I thought it would be a safe place to talk about our health issues, the medical community, medications, or treatment plans being offered now.

Namaste,
Andrew

I'mOneToo 11-14-2009 01:24 AM

Andrew, I hear you on both counts. Visible and invisible disabilities are a challenge. I have both. They require adjustments in lifestyle and are not easy or fun, but they are necessary. I feel for you though. Feel free to PM to discuss. I'm not very "out" about any of my disabilities, 'virtually speaking' but they are sometimes evident in person, and can't be hidden.

Leigh 11-14-2009 01:35 AM

Hey Andrew and I'mOneToo,

I have invisible disabilities, mental health ones. I was diagnosed two years ago with depression as well as panic/anxiety attacks and they can get pretty bad sometimes. I started a job not quite two months ago and with having to change My depression meds, I have been missing alot of time due to side effects and having to adjust to the effects of the medication. Things are slowly starting to balance themselves out, but I am very thankful that My job has been so understanding because I love the people I work with and the job itself is not bad either.

I look forward to connecting with others here, sharing our struggles and finding a place of acceptance no matter who we are or where we have been in life :)

Andrew, Jr. 11-14-2009 10:42 AM

Hi I'mOneToo and Braedon, :cheerleader::cheerleader:

I am glad you both are here. It is comforting.:)

I find it isolating. The computer is my mainstay in contact. I am better communicating with ppl that way than in real time. I stutter & slur my words at times, and really struggle with oral communication. It is so frustrating at times. And then to have other health issues going on at the same time...I want to just cry over the frustration. Sometimes I have to ask ppl to explain what they mean and they get an attitude with me like I'm picking a fight. In reality it is just that I don't get what it is they are saying. I mean no harm. I just don't understand, and need help with it. I dealt with the same in school. :shark:

Anyway, thanks for joining in the chat here.

I'mOneToo 11-14-2009 12:47 PM

**snip**[QUOTE=Andrew, Jr.;5250]Hi I'mOneToo

Sometimes I have to ask ppl to explain what they mean and they get an attitude with me like I'm picking a fight. In reality it is just that I don't get what it is they are saying. I mean no harm. I just don't understand, and need help with it. QUOTE]**

I have the same issue. When asking someone to repeat, they assume something else is desired. I try to make it clear as possible, "Please just repeat what you said so that I can understand" and sometimes an argument ensues and it's a whole new can of worms.

Even written or typed, miscommunications happen. But, easier to clarify or at least take time to try to.

edited to mention, can't figure out how to quote portion of text

Andrew, Jr. 11-14-2009 01:14 PM

I'mOneToo,

Yes, I am the same way. I am not computer savvy at all. I have no clue how they put up the avatar pictures, download pictures, or even post the songs off youtube. Someone can show me how to, but ask me how to do it in 5 min...I will have no clue. I am always asking people to repeat themselves. I am not deaf. I just am not understanding what is being said.

Then comes the attitudes, then they say I am being stubborn or am being rude. Then they ask me when the last time I had my hearing checked. It is my learning disabilities. If they could only walk a day in my shoes - to see how it's like. Just once I would love for that to happen.

Andrew, Jr. 12-17-2009 09:42 AM

I hope and pray that everyone is doing well this holiday season.

Namaste,
Andrew
:snowysmiley:

Andrew, Jr. 12-21-2009 02:16 PM

What is everyone doing for the holidays? Anything special?
:cuttree::angel::snowysmiley::anothersnowman::sant a1::present::rudreindeer::snooker::rabbi::smileyXm asTree:

Corkey 12-21-2009 02:52 PM

Hey buddy, me and the Mrs are going to her brothers for dinner, then we get to go home and have fun.

Hi all, my name is Corkey and I'm differently abled. Mine are physical issues.

back to your regularly scheduled program.

Andrew, Jr. 12-22-2009 07:11 AM

:smileyXmasTree:

That sounds like a good time, Corkey. Please give my best to the Mrs.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

:rockband:

Corkey 12-22-2009 02:51 PM

Hahaha if you only knew LOL yea we're gonna try not to discuss politics, religion, or "the gay agenda", wish us luck! As an aside, the family has accepted our being gay. That isn't an issue:nixon:

Happy Holidays Andrew, we hope you and Roise have a wonderful time!
:anothersnowman:

Andrew, Jr. 12-22-2009 05:17 PM

Laughing, I so know about "those" meal conversations. Did you get snow? Did schools close? Any flooding? This is so good. :cigar: :badscore:

Corkey 12-22-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 24619)
Laughing, I so know about "those" meal conversations. Did you get snow? Did schools close? Any flooding? This is so good. :cigar: :badscore:

We didn't get the hammering you all did, but enough to dig out after the plow guy came thru. We're expecting a rainy x-mas, if any snow is left we'll have a white, if somewhat salty-dirty x-mas. Yea tis friggen colder than, well yea it's cold 19* and it's 6:30 pm
:wolf:

Andrew, Jr. 12-22-2009 05:31 PM

How can I forget this one...

The gay agenda - I forgot that one. Rosie and I won't talk about it, or even bring it up. But yet, somehow, someway, it comes up. Like grass in the springtime.

:glasses: :readfineprint: :daddy:

Corkey 12-22-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 24624)
The gay agenda - I forgot that one. Rosie and I won't talk about it, or even bring it up. But yet, somehow, someway, it comes up. Like grass in the springtime.

:glasses: :readfineprint: :daddy:

Yea I hear ya.

Andrew, Jr. 12-22-2009 08:12 PM

If I see my bio-parents I can expect :sermon, so than I go outside and I :woodchop: and :golf: at the driving range or go skeet shooting :fudd: and then smoke a :pipe: on the way home.

Corkey 12-22-2009 08:16 PM

lol too much grief:badscore:

Andrew, Jr. 12-23-2009 04:53 AM

Corkey - you are a hoot! :cracked::thumbsup:

Corkey 12-23-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. (Post 24881)
Corkey - you are a hoot! :cracked::thumbsup:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Andrew, Jr. 12-23-2009 04:07 PM

:awww: Corkey, I only have eyes for you. :freak::farmer::kissy: