Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Learning To Live Half-Alive? (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2782)

proximitywithoutintimacy 02-05-2011 05:00 PM

Learning To Live Half-Alive?

Didn't know where else to turn, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here by starting a new thread, but... I'm broken.

Today, my ex told me she's moving away with her new girlfriend. Leaving the state. With this girl she's only known for a month and a half.

I broke down crying, and she kept asking me to come see her, saying she didn't want to leave like this... but I told her it hurt too much. She said goodbye on the phone, and said she loved me.

As I type this, my heart feels like it's slowly ripping itself apart.

Just two months ago, she was making love to me telling me I was beautiful... now she's running away with some new girl?

Not going to tell the whole story, but the important factors are that she and I have been falling in love with each other for five years, and we both admitted we were madly in love with each other, but because she's an alcoholic... it can't work until we fix our lives.

Suddenly, there's this new girlfriend, and she says this girl is everything and she'd die without her, etc. etc. She's also cutting herself again for the first time in years.

Now she's leaving me... it doesn't make sense. It really doesn't.

I can't be without her... she is my love. She means more to me than anyone ever has.... for her, my heart </3

:deepthoughts: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The_Lady_Snow 02-05-2011 05:04 PM

It hurts right now and for that I am sorry, I've seen you post that this person has drinking issues, and well she seems not very nice. Mourn her, then get yourself some therapy, spend time with friends, have a nice dinner out it's obvious this girl is no good for you.

Good Luck:praying:

lipstixgal 02-05-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 278661)
It hurts right now and for that I am sorry, I've seen you post that this person has drinking issues, and well she seems not very nice. Mourn her, then get yourself some therapy, spend time with friends, have a nice dinner out it's obvious this girl is no good for you.

I think that's good advice~~ I am sorry you are hurting but you are better off with out her..

The_Lady_Snow 02-05-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipstixgal (Post 278673)
I think that's good advice~~ I am sorry you are hurting but you are better off with out her..

Thanks Gail, I hope you had a greaaaaaaaaaaaaat birthday with your friend at Temple.
:)

bigbutchmistie 02-05-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy (Post 278655)
Didn't know where else to turn, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here by starting a new thread, but... I'm broken.

Today, my ex told me she's moving away with her new girlfriend. Leaving the state. With this girl she's only known for a month and a half.

I broke down crying, and she kept asking me to come see her, saying she didn't want to leave like this... but I told her it hurt too much. She said goodbye on the phone, and said she loved me.

As I type this, my heart feels like it's slowly ripping itself apart.

Just two months ago, she was making love to me telling me I was beautiful... now she's running away with some new girl?

Not going to tell the whole story, but the important factors are that she and I have been falling in love with each other for five years, and we both admitted we were madly in love with each other, but because she's an alcoholic... it can't work until we fix our lives.

Suddenly, there's this new girlfriend, and she says this girl is everything and she'd die without her, etc. etc. She's also cutting herself again for the first time in years.

Now she's leaving me... it doesn't make sense. It really doesn't.

I can't be without her... she is my love. She means more to me than anyone ever has.... for her, my heart </3

:deepthoughts: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Snowy is right...

lipstixgal 02-05-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 278675)
Thanks Gail, I hope you had a greaaaaaaaaaaaaat birthday with your friend at Temple.
:)

Oh Thank you yes I did it was great!!

proximitywithoutintimacy 02-05-2011 05:55 PM

I know.

I just wish I didn't love her... believe me, I do. I have always loved her... and what's happening right now seems like a nightmare - completely unbelievable. Illogical and confusing :(

The_Lady_Snow 02-05-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy (Post 278697)
I know.

I just wish I didn't love her... believe me, I do. I have always loved her... and what's happening right now seems like a nightmare - completely unbelievable. Illogical and confusing :(

Sometimes we confuse co-depandancy with love, or lust with love. Love isn't supposed to hurt Prox, this person is obviously not right. Distance yourself from her it's the best thing.

suebee 02-05-2011 05:59 PM

I agree with Snowy. But I know that it's hard when YOU didn't want the relationship to end, and you are probably still feeling that you love her. I'm sure your heart is speaking to you in a loud voice right about now, telling you that it's broken. You're hurting, and probably you feel that you'll stop hurting if only she would come back. Just make sure you give your head, and what it has to tell you equal time. I'm sure if you put everything together it will come up with different advice than your heart does. It's hard, it hurts, but you WILL get through it. You need support. You have it here. I hope you have friends who are there for you, but it really DOES help to talk to a professional. They are there for you, and you only. You don't have to worry about taking up their time or about them judging you. That's what they're there for.

I wish you the strength you'll need to do what you have to to get on with your life.

Hugs,

Sue

bigbutchmistie 02-05-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 278700)
Sometimes we confuse co-depandancy with love, or lust with love. Love isn't supposed to hurt Prox, this person is obviously not right. Distance yourself from her it's the best thing.

Amen :) Snowy is right again...

WhiteTigress 02-05-2011 06:07 PM

Prox,

Follow the advise that Snowy and the others have given you, and until you can get in with a counselor, spend time with other friends around you. Don't close yourself in, and don't stay alone all the time.

I speak from experience. My friends made sure that I went with them to do things, and it helped me heal. If you have other single friends who aren't out cruising, those are the best to hang out with. Perhaps hanging out with just couples will compound how you are feeling.

If all else fails, turn to us here at the Planet for support. We'll be here for you.

WT

rlin 02-05-2011 06:12 PM

the Snow post is spot on...
of course we know its not easy... part of the healing process is the work that is put in to fix the fucked uppedness of it all...
your logical brain will kick in when the anger does... thats lots easier to deal with...
of course... i dont know for sure that i would listen to shit that I had to say about matters of the heart... just sayin...

Oiler41 02-05-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 278661)

Absolutely agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow (Post 278700)

Again, absolutely agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suebee (Post 278701)
I agree with Snowy. But I know that it's hard when YOU didn't want the relationship to end, and you are probably still feeling that you love her. I'm sure your heart is speaking to you in a loud voice right about now, telling you that it's broken. You're hurting, and probably you feel that you'll stop hurting if only she would come back. Just make sure you give your head, and what it has to tell you equal time. I'm sure if you put everything together it will come up with different advice than your heart does. It's hard, it hurts, but you WILL get through it. You need support. You have it here. I hope you have friends who are there for you, but it really DOES help to talk to a professional. They are there for you, and you only. You don't have to worry about taking up their time or about them judging you. That's what they're there for.

I wish you the strength you'll need to do what you have to to get on with your life.

Hugs,

Sue

And agree yet again.

Right now, it does feel like your life is falling apart; however, given some time and likely some professional assistance, you WILL look back on this in a completely different light. Cry, scream, sleep and whatever else you must do to get through the initial shock of it is,,but most importantly, cut off communication with her for a while; likely several months. It is probably the hardest step but if this person cares for you at all, she will leave you be to get started healing and get on with your life. I wish you the best with this difficult journey.

Regards,

Glynn

proximitywithoutintimacy 02-05-2011 06:18 PM

I know for certain that it's not lust or co-dependency, but I appreciate your advice, all of you.

I know what I need to do. I guess my problem is trying to figure out how this happened, because... you don't throw away five years like that for someone you barely know. You just don't.

Thanks for the support... :bunchflowers:

The_Lady_Snow 02-05-2011 06:22 PM

Rational people don't, an alcoholic will, perhaps you've heard of Al-Anon? I think you may be able to move forward if you go to one of their meetings, since your logic seems to be blinded by something else.

Your ex is an alcoholic, you won't move on, you are now in charge of that pain leaving your space. She's not coming back, if she does it's gonna be ugly like before, and do you really wanna spend your youth on someone who doesn't care enough about themselves let alone you?

girl_dee 02-05-2011 06:23 PM

Take it as the Universe pushing your hand... alcoholics only have one real love. The booze will win everytime. Sorry it has to hurt so bad when this happens.

proximitywithoutintimacy 02-05-2011 06:29 PM

I've been to a meeting. I've been thinking about going to more, but I want to check out some meetings for myself, first, to help cope with my anxiety.

It's not that I'm hysterical or anything - I really hope y'all don't think I'm just having the fit of a lifetime... :lol2: I'm just feeling really... broken. I guess it's a devastation to lose not only my love, but my best friend.

Thank you.

proximitywithoutintimacy 02-05-2011 06:32 PM

Update: Just got a voicemail from her... saying "we're not leaving until June now... blah blah..."

I'm pretty sure she's drunk, she mentioned something about Jose Cuervo... my goodness... but I still have to cut off contact once again. I won't let her do this, and I told her earlier that I needed time away from her to move on. She wants to go back to being friends, but it's not that easy. I need to move on from her as my lover first, and then maybe someday, we can reclaim our friendship. Someday.

Damn women... :seeingstars: :lol2:

And, I just realised I spelled "learning" without the N... now I feel stupid, haha. Guess I was pretty distraught =/

WhiteTigress 02-05-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy (Post 278745)
Update: Just got a voicemail from her... saying "we're not leaving until June now... blah blah..."

If you have the capability on your cell phone, block her number. She will only keep tearing the scabs off the wounds if you let her keep calling. Stop her now, for YOUR sake.

WT