Butch Femme Planet

Butch Femme Planet (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/index.php)
-   Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ok, soooooo.... (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1965)

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:20 PM

Ok, soooooo....

I haven't posted on this because I am not an attention whore when it comes to this type of stuff and I don't like people feeling bad for me or anything like that. But I realized that NOT posting on this makes me feel like I am not being genuine in my interactions on here, or something. So, in order to post on OTHER things, I realized that I HAVE to post on the most significant thing going on in my life right now...lol

Geez, after that intro:

FYI: I recently had surgery for colon cancer. I was diagnosed on 8/5/10, and had the surgery on 8/19/10. I am ok and I am home getting better. I have to have some chemo, but won't meet with my oncologist until next week. According to the colorectal surgeon (again, haven't met with the oncologist, yet), it will be 6 months of chemo, but it shouldn't be too tough...maybe like once every two weeks or something. Anyway, I should be in tip top condition after that and fortunately, it did not spread to any organs.

I am lucky.

I will probably be out of work for another 2-3 weeks in order to heal and will start chemo in about a month or so. I have support and people to take care of me (again, lucky).

That's all. Just needed to say that out loud!

Carry on, folks!

P.S. I plan to be at next year's reunion instead of "under the knife"!

Corkey 09-02-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 184583)
I haven't posted on this because I am not an attention whore when it comes to this type of stuff and I don't like people feeling bad for me or anything like that. But I realized that NOT posting on this makes me feel like I am not being genuine in my interactions on here, or something. So, in order to post on OTHER things, I realized that I HAVE to post on the most significant thing going on in my life right now...lol

Geez, after that intro:

FYI: I recently had surgery for colon cancer. I was diagnosed on 8/5/10, and had the surgery on 8/19/10. I am ok and I am home getting better. I have to have some chemo, but won't meet with my oncologist until next week. According to the colorectal surgeon (again, haven't met with the oncologist, yet), it will be 6 months of chemo, but it shouldn't be too tough...maybe like once every two weeks or something. Anyway, I should be in tip top condition after that and fortunately, it did not spread to any organs.

I am lucky.

I will probably be out of work for another 2-3 weeks in order to heal and will start chemo in about a month or so. I have support and people to take care of me (again, lucky).

Carry on, folks!

That's what I like about you Bro, your integrity. Be well my friend.

MrSunshine 09-02-2010 12:26 PM

Wishing you nothing but the absolute best DB. There is so much love and support in this community. Will be looking for you next year in LR.

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 184584)
That's what I like about you Bro, your integrity. Be well my friend.

Thanks, Corkey. I appreciate you saying that, as I respect you for the same reason.

Blade 09-02-2010 12:27 PM

Best of luck to you Dapper, hope your recovery is quick and smooth.

rlin 09-02-2010 12:29 PM

positively positive! a great attitude!!!
grab yourself a pipe... pack it with natural herbs and be glad that it fixes all the ills associated with the chemo!
seriously... if you have stomach problems... hit a pipe...
its fool proof...
and... im damned glad to hear that you are doing well... its good to hear strength behind your post!

rlin...

betenoire 09-02-2010 12:31 PM

If we were better friends I would now make some inappropriate comments about pain in the ass. But we're not, so you just go ahead and pretend I didn't say what I didn't just say.

Be well, Dapper. You're good people.

SnackTime 09-02-2010 12:31 PM

Best of luck to you Dapper!

Greyson 09-02-2010 12:33 PM

Dapper, I have noticed you were not around much lately. Thanks for sharing with us about yourself. I will keep you in my thoughts, best wishes to you, my friend.

Grey

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betenoire (Post 184592)
If we were better friends I would now make some inappropriate comments about pain in the ass. But we're not, so you just go ahead and pretend I didn't say what I didn't just say.

Be well, Dapper. You're good people.

Ahhh...but I do so appreciate your wit!

Lets just say that after 40 years I have switched from Scott to Charmin Ultra Soft!

SuperFemme 09-02-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 184583)

Geez, after that intro:

I am lucky.

Carry on, folks!

thank you for sharing this.

now we can all send you healing thoughts (the love and support of your community does NOT make you an attention whore).

there are more than a few of us who have had to deal with chemo or are in the process of having chemo right along with you.

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to share the brighter side of chemo with you.

i am SO glad they caught it in time and that your surgery was a success.

you are now on official woo status and that will end up being a priceless gift. :rrose:

Corkey 09-02-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 184596)
Ahhh...but I do so appreciate your wit!

Lets just say that after 40 years I have switched from Scott to Charmin Ultra Soft!

Did you know Cottenelle has an aloe version? Yes indeedy they doooo.

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFemme (Post 184597)
thank you for sharing this.

now we can all send you healing thoughts (the love and support of your community does NOT make you an attention whore).

there are more than a few of us who have had to deal with chemo or are in the process of having chemo right along with you.

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to share the brighter side of chemo with you.

i am SO glad they caught it in time and that your surgery was a success.

you are now on official woo status and that will end up being a priceless gift. :rrose:

Thanks, SF, I appreciate that. I also know that you genuinely mean it, which is damn cool.

And yes, I am very, very lucky. I waited a LONG time with symptoms. Too long...so yes, I am indeed lucky. :)

P.S. Thanks for the comment on the attention whore, thing. I do appreciate any healing thoughts, etc. from others.

betenoire 09-02-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 184601)

It's actually horrible. I bought it once because I thought it would be fantastic - but it actually left a bit of a residue on my nethers and made them feel less than clean.

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

No, I did not...well hell, the latest 12 pack of Charmin with be gone soon...lol

Corkey 09-02-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betenoire (Post 184605)
It's actually horrible. I bought it once because I thought it would be fantastic - but it actually left a bit of a residue on my nethers and made them feel less than clean.

We bought the stuff by mistake, it was gross, but it was soft.

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Hmmm.....

I'm a big "flushable moist wipes" fan myself after the toilet tissue....

DapperButch 09-02-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corkey (Post 184609)

We bought the stuff by mistake, it was gross, but it was soft.

So, how exactly was your original post supposed to be helpful? LOLOLOL

:passinggas:

Corkey 09-02-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperButch (Post 184612)
So, how exactly was your original post supposed to be helpful? LOLOLOL

:passinggas:

The soft part dude the soft part LOL:readfineprint:

princessbelle 09-02-2010 01:06 PM

Dapper, don't really know you but i do know OF you, seeing your posts.

First of all you are very courageous and genuine and you posting about this shows tremendous strength and gives out positive energy that will flow back to you.

Secondly, I encouarge you, as a nurse, to seek out all advice on here and elsewhere as far as diet changes, healing of positive energy, continued laughter, light heartedness and white light. As a nurse, please feel free to pm me if you want and I'll answer you or gather any info that i can to help answer any questions you may have.

Third please know that now I, as many here, am sending you healing thoughts, loads of well wishes and a positive outlook to an ending of that which is trying to enter uninvitied swiftly leaving you in your near future so that you can put it in your past and get on with your life.

Best wishes....

ps. ty for those that posted on the tissue info...it is good advice to keep in mind and on hand (no pun intended, well ok maybe it was)